1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
7 1:64 scale cars? I shipped 11 loose cars in a small flat rate priority box the other day for $5. Might be double that for Canada. The guy is on crack.

http://lamleydlm.blogspot.com/2014/10/just-announced-tomica-limited-vintage.html?m=1

TLV-N100_NIS_GTR_NIS_01.jpg

Hell to the yes.

Cool to see TLV branching out and doing some modern cars. Imagine those two are going to be very popular. 👍

And just following on from that, this bit is interesting.
"Tomytec is ready to introduce two new sub-collections called Nihonsha no Jidai (that can loosely be translated as ‘Japanese Cars Generation’) and Nihon no Motorsport Shi wo Furikaette (‘Remembering Japanese Motorsport’)."
A Motorsport TLV line? :embarrassed:

Oh and I so need this one whenever it's released, Toyopet Crown Australia Rally version.

TLV-HS_TOY_CRO_01-300x205.jpg

$10 for each of those is a steal. I'd be all over them.
The whole mall is full steals as you have seen before. ;) The price tags look like the ones it had when it was being sold at Wal Mart and I don't know the real price tag of it (especially since I am not yet familiar with everything upstairs).

Believe me I want them all and if I can get each of them for $5 or less, I will take them all for sure! :mischievous: One of the vehicles I got from last visit had a $10 price tag (and was even hand written) and I still somehow managed to for $1. I can't wait to see what I get those for tomorrow. :sly:

yeah that's kinda a good deal. Report back with your findings.
Darn right I will! That antique mall is full of wonders, more than I have time to mention too. That Corgi Chevrolet Corvette came from the same place and I will try to see if I can find more Corgis while I am there.

I didn't tell you, but Jack got even more Redlines recently, minty ones too! I didn't take much time to look at them though but I will try to show you some if I have enough time. ;)

I checked my Walmart today. They had the coveted Looney Tunes cars now! Finally! Left them all there! :dopey:

No new case, no F&F, no new M2s. Auto World? What Auto World? :crazy:
Hell to the yes.
Toyopet Crown Australia Rally version.
GT-R & Crown Rally did get me crazy excited, but one that really got my attention was the Toyota Century. I wish that they were doing the first gen Century, and I find it almost "wrong" that they are doing the new(er) Century first, but it is what it is.

beb4aabc925fd751517ba7e83d6b6f51.jpg

For those of you not familiar with the Toyota Century(like everybody outside Japan), Century is the Toyota VIP car. It's sort of like a upscale Lincoln Town Car in role it plays. I do wish to see the first gen Century in the near future from the TLV, also the other domestic VIP car, Nissan President.

Just to be clear though, regardless of how excited I got for all these cars, I still wish to see earlier Supras in the TLV line up. All three of them. Like, immediately! :D

I still wish to see earlier Supras in the TLV line up. All three of them. Like, immediately! :D

Yes to Supra's and early MR2's would be killer too. 👍

Edit: Did you see the Isuzu 117 coupe's for 2015? Great colours, that Blue especially. Also that Red Sigma. Want. All this new TLV news, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Exciting. :lol:

TLV_ISU_117_001-300x205.jpg
TLV_MIT_GAL_01-300x205.jpg

I'm itching to buy the rest of the Fast and furious cars. They just put them on the pegs today. Hopefully no hoarders will come.

There will be people buying a lot, but don't worry too much about it. The value of F&F cars dropped significantly.

Edit: Did you see the Isuzu 117 coupe's for 2015? Great colours, that Blue especially. Also that Red Sigma. Want. All this new TLV news, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Exciting. :lol:
Damn. I like them all. On the Isuzu, I'm still trying to decide which way to go. I was leaning towards the yellow, then saw the new blue one, but now I think I like the radio station version again, same as you. :crazy:👍

Edit: Another car that caught my eye:

Cedric Taxi
TLV_NIS_CED_TAX_01.jpg

Already had this on my preorder. Toyota Mark II(my dad used to drive the "Chaser", its sister car)
TLV_TOY_MK2_01.jpg

Doesn't seem to be the greatest casting, but it's the childhood nostalgia kicking in. :P
There will be people buying a lot, but don't worry too much about it. The value of F&F cars dropped significantly.
You gotta love the guys online selling multiple quantities of Mustangs & R34s. They will screw the local collectors to profit probably something like $1 ~ 2 a car. It's not even worth their time scalping those cars. :grumpy:

I am yet to even see the Fast and the Furious cars make a return to my Wal Mart. I still don't have the Mustang and I need another one of those Chevelles!

Just posted to the M2 facebook page complaining about their quality control. Hopefully they respond, but it needed to be brought up. Just removed the cars I got today from their packaging and the hoods refuse to close all the way. The Charger's RH door won't close all the way either. I think they either need to figure out a solution for this stuff or stop propping them open.

They will screw the local collectors to profit probably something like $1 ~ 2 a car. It's not even worth their time scalping those cars. :grumpy:

You have to see this. :lol:

Big on money; Little on value.

===================================

Pics as promised:

Ferrari%2BF50%2B(2010%2BFerrari%2BMinicar%2BCollection%2B7%2BNeo).jpg

Kyosho%2BFerrari%2BF50_1.jpg

Kyosho%2BFerrari%2BF50_2.jpg

Kyosho%2BFerrari%2BF50_3.jpg

Same angles all the time. /soPro. :lol:

This one's from the Minicar Collection 7 Neo.

I've got like 10 other Kyoshos to snap pics of still. I'll have time during thanksgiving week.

Oh. Thanksgiving's on the 13th for us. I almost forgot. You weirdos get your Thanksgiving in November. :P

Seller's got the full set of 3 Aston DBR9s for $140. No one bids. Relists for $125 buy it now. Sold.

Did the math. Zero shipping, $41 per car. Imagined if someone like kayan, busitarumo, ykiz or ejigibiglonp listed those, each car would hit $30-some at this time since 3yumi was the only one carrying the DBR9s for the past few months. Previously sold Astons went up to $27 or so, but those guys charged for shipping so I factored that into my number. I definitely am paying more than I would if I won a bidding war if other listings were made (plus the shipping on top of that), but I don't want to wait for such a moment that may not even arrive. I'll drop the extra bit and secure a set myself.

Forget that Vanquish. Why?

Because racecar.

Last edited:
Oh. Thanksgiving's on the 13th for us. I almost forgot. You weirdos get your Thanksgiving in November. :P
It's not Thanksgiving anymore. It's now "the day before black Friday". :rolleyes:

Also, mapped out the stops on my trip tomorrow. 24 stores. :lol:

It's not Thanksgiving anymore. It's now "the day before black Friday". :rolleyes:

Also, mapped out the stops on my trip tomorrow. 24 stores. :lol:

Good luck on your trip. I saw on Instagram that an Arizona collector reported finding the Q/R Zamac cases, and he pulled several Wagons, including the Super. Get out early tomorrow.

Glad you guys are excited about the TLV. I surely am. That GT-R was a total surprise, and it is even more exciting considering the doors it opens. And I am not talking about current cars, but more classic iconic cars, like the 2000GT and others. Could be fun, but the one concern is they go more for these fan favorites, and move away from the true Japanese classics. But you can't blame them for trying to expand the reach.

Had a crazy run of luck the last two days:

Walked into a Walmart yesterday around 8:30 AM and found a bin that the toy manager said she just put out, and pulled a Kombi Super. Went into another Walmart today around 11:15 and at that moment an employee was wheeling out a bin. That is a first for me. Pulled two, and gave one to another collector. So two Kombis in two days. Not a bad start for 2015. I still hope to find a few of the 2014's that I have missed.

Not going too early because my first round of stops includes a Target and they don't open until 8:00.

Just got back from my local store. Saw a F&F bin on a pallet, buried under other boxes. Not in a rush to get to it so will swing by on my way out of town. If someone raids it and buys all the Skylines I will hunt them down. :lol:

Not going too early because my first round of stops includes a Target and they don't open until 8:00.

Just got back from my local store. Saw a F&F bin on a pallet, buried under other boxes. Not in a rush to get to it so will swing by on my way out of town. If someone raids it and buys all the Skylines I will hunt them down. :lol:

That could mean they got a basic bin in as well. Did you see an A case bin already out? If not, it should be there. They were all shipped together. I would call and check.

Damn. I like them all. On the Isuzu, I'm still trying to decide which way to go. I was leaning towards the yellow, then saw the new blue one, but now I think I like the radio station version again, same as you. :crazy:👍

Buy the Radio version now and get the Blue one when it's released later in the year. Simple. :D:tup: I was thinking about the Yellow one myself but I think I'm going to hold off until the these come out, really digging that Blue.

Last edited:
You have to see this. :lol:
I.............. don't know what to make of that.
When I first came from Japan, I felt bad for the Native Americans. I do like Black Friday.
doors it opens.
:eek:

Had a crazy run of luck the last two days:
:eek:

I visited couple of Walmart tonight, and I'm pretty sure Kool Kombi was not present. Damn. I did score few cars I was after:

At one of the Walmart I hit, at least three, four of every car, except the Challenger SRT8. Not one. Now I have to see what this car looks like. Maybe this is the green Mustang this time around. :lol: Edit: Now I see what @R1600Turbo was talking about. My old F&F2 R34 Skyline has black plastic spoiler. New has painted metal spoiler. I should have grabbed two. :crazy:
Buy the Radio version now and get the Blue one when it's released later in the year. Simple. :D:tup: I was thinking about the Yellow one myself but I think I'm going to hold off until the these come out, really digging that Blue.
No can do man, I'm too busy collecting the Bluebirds(got two more today, pics later). :P

I'm pretty sure I will add the Isuzu to my October order from AmiAmi. Most likely the "radio" version. :)

Last edited:
I'm too busy collecting the Bluebirds(got two more today, pics later). :P

Is one of them a certain Bluebird that I "accidentally" placed next to the Alto in that picture the other day? :dopey: Nice haul too by the way, especially the Esprit. Curse you. 👍

Is one of them a certain Bluebird that I "accidentally" placed next to the Alto in that picture the other day? :dopey:
Still working on that one. :lol:

Nice haul too by the way, especially the Esprit. Curse you. 👍
Thanks J-Buddy. 👍 I wasn't planning on that Esprit, but man, it's detailed quite nicely, I couldn't pass it up(I left tons of mainlines behind).

That could mean they got a basic bin in as well. Did you see an A case bin already out? If not, it should be there. They were all shipped together. I would call and check.
They have an old bin out already full of N case or older cars. That might influence if they even put a new one out. Problem is these stores around here don't put the bins in a visible place so the cars don't sell fast enough. Always at the back of an isle or hidden by the bicycles.

Edit: F&F bin put out at my local store. Some 🤬 took all the Skylines, Supras and Mustngs. 🤬 bull.

Last edited:
I've still got a set of the Skyline, Supra and got a recent Mustang. The first two have been held onto for over a year for VSpec. I might have to cut that trade some day.

Back