1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Did it drive through a puddle of mustard lol
This is what I was supposed to have received:

ib_p040_0_83.jpg

Seller didn't know about White Lightning(usually have white tires, or it's whited-out), and while he posted a stock photo in the eBay auction, sent me the one I posted in the above post. Looking at the stock one with the black tires again, actually, I think I'm OK with the one I have. White spare tire on the roof rack makes me laugh. :lol:

Now that one's not bad. I understand the collectability of the chase models, but wowee it looks bad lol
I'm just gonna go ahead & pretend that Beetle raced thru some yellow mud in some third-world country. Yeah, that's it. Equipped with spare tire made out of coconut.

Yeah, that one does look better with the weird mud colour (mustard :lol:). But getting the White Lighting chase version thingy sent to you by accident? :crazy: Score. 👍
Yeah! I actually contacted the seller if he wanted it back, as I didn't pay him any chase casting money. I think I even used the "Best Offer" to get some discount off the base model money. The seller, he had no idea what I was talking about, and it pretty much concluded in "I'm OK with it if you are....?" :lol:
I only just noticed the spare tyre, hahahahahha.
It's so ridiculous, I'm at a point I actually enjoy it for what it is. :lol:

I was doing a word search at work the other day and I came across one by the category title of: "Rhymes With Goat"...

:)

:sly:

:mischievous:

I wish Hot Wheels would bring the RT/10 back into the mainline.

I'm still selling my lot of 5 (two of them are really special). I can make you a super duper offer that will supersede the higher postage prices if you want.

1/64 secret Kyoshos:

xTVVB1O.jpg

Not my pic

but would break a paycheque on...

Last edited:
Got this today, only to find that there was a chip of the National Guard logo on the trunk gone after I was home and had it uncarded, so picky me must go back to Walmart and buy a new one. This one is officially for sale for $2.50. :grumpy:

IMG_20141104_194018.jpg

So final listing fees on eBay are 10% for me. If you ran a store, it's 4-9%. Got that in an email promotional offer on reduced final listing fees.

=======

So I started browsing the other diecast forum again. Secured myself that secret model blue McLaren F1, black GT40, a handful of other Mclarens I already have and some others. Rakuten's the place you need to be. Navigating a site in foreign language will be difficult, but gotdamn all the basics go as low as $5-6.

Also, in the same forum, I found this thread that documented all existing Kyosho minicar releases, and came across some I thought I'd let you know become aware of.

8/12/208 Kyosho Release 29 Porsche Racing (934/935)
29PorscheRacing.jpg

7/6/2010 Kyosho Release 43 Super GT GT500 Racing
43SuperGTRacing.jpg

Don't know if I would aim for those NSXs.

5/3/2011 Kyosho Release 48 Nissan Skyline #2
48NissanSkyline-2.jpg

Don't know about those R31s....

KyoshoPoliceCars.jpg

Seen separate ones, but were never named Kyosho in their listings...

That's an R32, FC, FD, NSX, Cosmo and 240Z. Very good selections!
=================

@R1600Turbo, highly detailed Mazdas?

Mazda Rotary Engine Collection:
f9pq.jpg

This FD is its secret model, and of course the black 787B being the Karuwaza model.

There is also the red and blue FD (Beads release).

Aoshimas and TLVs otherwise.

Last edited:
Dark chrome is the common release. Photos in the listing were kind of iffy, so I messaged him to make sure. He said they were dark chrome, but he had two of them so checked the other and said it was normal chrome. Sending me that one. Got an orange Speed Machines on the way too. Think I just need the black one and I'm all caught up with that casting.

Do you have the black with 10sp? Planning on doing an article on wheel varis on HW Japanese castings, and that will be included. I think I will need your input on some you have...

I am seriously contemplating whether I should start a E36 collection... I wasn't drawn in by the red or white, but this.... this..... it looks very much like my Datsun custom.

It's hitting me good. Cano, talk me out of buying this.

Back