2012 Chinese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Ross
  • 926 comments
Hahaha, the double world champion who dominated last year can't beat his low rated team mate Mark Webber in qualifying?
This is just brilliant.

Less than three tenths covering the top ten. I think every driver in a top team will fail to make Q3 at some point this season.

It was Vettel this time. Don't be surprised when it happens to each of them at some point.

I heard that Webber is using a new-spec car but Vettel is more comfortable with the old one...he'll probably wanna follow Webber's steps after that.

Do note, Vettel was only 3/10ths off of P1 in Q2. Positions 1-10 were separated by a mere 2/10ths of a second. That's incredibly tight. Red Bull may have thought they had the time, but they didn't reckon on the rest of the field being so damn competitive. Bad call, but an understandable mistake.

...Is it just me or does Rosberg really quite like the track. Podium here after leading a good period of the race in 2010, and also led the race last year on complete merit too...huh.

hamilton in second with a 35.626, .07 ahead of schumi

webber out for his run now

Button and alonso coming out now, webber about .5 off rosberg in s2

Rosberg sitting in the pits, out of the car, schumi on track

Perez going to have one shot left, starting his lap now

Alonso nearly a second off pace, webber in pits with a 1:36.29

Rosberg gets pole, hamilton quit his lap as did schumi

This might be Mercedes' pole track. Nobody seems able to keep up with the Merc-powered cars on the quicker 2nd and 3rd sections of the track... and Mercedes GP has that additional DRS advantage over McLaren. Bad luck for Lewis due to his grid penalty... otherwise, being right behind the Mercs during the race would be no issue for him.

Let's see what he does on this last lap... going to be close... okay... brings it in, instead. Content with second... down to seventh.

Rosberg on pole... what a performance... 5/10ths faster than Schumi... or anyone else, for that matter.

Tough luck for Red Bull. Not only are they third to McLaren and Mercedes in qualifying... the Sauber and Lotus are much faster, too. But the big news is... Mercedes GP are finally back on top, after two seasons languishing behind RBR, McLaren and Ferrari. Wow. Just... wow.

Back