2014 North America Discussion (US & Canada)

• Thread starter scca_ziptie
  • 1,618 comments
doesnt say anywhere what you need to advance? I assume gold but assumptions be assumptions.

I assume there's no requirements at all. Not hard to get gold anyways. Because it doesn't say, I'd expect this event has no influence.

So far I'm the top American driver, but I know that won't hold up. At least I can say I held the top spot at one point in this round. :lol:

Need to try it with my wheel though...

Well unfortunately 'VindictiveScrub' has topped your American best @ 1:04.133 . But you are correct in saying you held the top 'Merica spot in this round at one point.

I just booted up to see what all the fuss was going to be about and will give it a crack tomorrow.

I do agree that the first 3 rounds will merely be 'qualifiers' and will be required to be completed in order to progress to the final round. The first round has an end date of June 15, which is 13 days after the 'final round' is scheduled to start.

Race on fellow aspiring racers, hope to be with some fellow GTP'ers in the finals!! :)

Cheers,

Don

Oh and for the record - the data logger does work with GT Academy replays 👍

Last edited:
What's w
So far I'm the top American driver, but I know that won't hold up. At least I can say I held the top spot at one point in this round. :lol:

Need to try it with my wheel though...
your time? 1:04.1 here 69th worldwide

Well unfortunately 'VindictiveScrub' has topped your American best @ 1:04.133 . But you are correct in saying you held the top 'Merica spot in this round at one point.

I just booted up to see what all the fuss was going to be about and will give it a crack tomorrow.

I do agree that the first 3 rounds will merely be 'qualifiers' and will be required to be completed in order to progress to the final round. The first round has an end date of June 15, which is 13 days after the 'final round' is scheduled to start.

Race on fellow aspiring racers, hope to be with some fellow GTP'ers in the finals!! :)

Cheers,

Don

Oh and for the record - the data logger does work with GT Academy replays 👍
1:04.163 2nd American?

1:04.163 2nd American?

Current American standing (12:44 pst)

SprintCupChamp1 1:03.833
robotyler 1:03.884
TEAMworkPLEASE 1:03.986
DC_FAB 1:03.990
Neovre 1:03.990
VindictiveScrub 1:04.005

Current overall leader (Aussie) 1:03.349

You are currently 136th overall @sk8er913

Cheers,

Don

Last edited:
Entered and ready to rock and roll!

1st Challenge: Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
Current Award: Gold Award
Current Best Lap: 1:05.227

I know it's the basic "gold" time, but I'm going to push harder tomorrow! RACE ON, FELLOW GT PLAYERS! :gtpflag:

1:04.4 after a few laps, but im sleepy. Ill try more tomorrow. i was 430th overall at the time. Probably be like 12,000th when i turn the game back on

edit: had to try it again - current time is a 1:04.120

Last edited:
Anybody read the rules? They are quite thorough this time. Thanks for that guys. I guess they did the North America contest per capita of sorts. Canada 35million people = 4 contestants and the United States 317 million people = 28 contestants. Good luck to you guys.

I should say preliminary rules, not the official rules:

The Official Rules of GT Academy 2014, which include full terms and conditions of entry, will be available on www.gran-turismo.com prior to the in-game registration for GT Academy 2014 becoming available, currently anticipated to occur at 12:01 AM PST on May 19, 2014.

Anybody read the rules? They are quite thorough this time. Thanks for that guys. I guess they did the North America contest per capita of sorts. Canada 35million people = 4 contestants and the United States 317 million people = 28 contestants. Good luck to you guys.

I should say preliminary rules, not the official rules:
The Official Rules of GT Academy 2014, which include full terms and conditions of entry, will be available on www.gran-turismo.com prior to the in-game registration for GT Academy 2014 becoming available, currently anticipated to occur at 12:01 AM PST on May 19, 2014.

Interesting thing is they are excluding all the fast guys in the US, but letting mostly US guys into the finals. That will make it pretty brutal for Canada. It should be fairly easy for US guys to get in now though. Very curious to see what the final TT combo is!

Only 4 Canadians, eh.... it could mean a Canadian with a faster time than a US competitor can't get through...

Got to love the Leaf.... I'm only 1.2 sec behind #1 however I'm wayyyy down at 2,200!

So if the U.S. takes up all 30+ spots that could ace out all the Great White North ???

I'm also thinking we haven't heard from Mark Webber or whatever name he is using this time since he got his wish and Canada has been let in, so I'm thinking he is a lock for one of the 4 spots.

No. It's 28 from US and 4 from Canada:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/

Lefty, Mark Webber is the GTP name that DHolland (Aus) was going by. You might be thinking of @iGoFast (Turismo-Lester) who had the Let_Canada_In account in the past years.

Also I believe this confirms that the first 3 rounds are for fun and the final round is for the enchiladas:

For regions of Europe and North America where GT Academy 2014 is hosted, the selection for the online qualification is performed through the final round of these events.

Latest Posts

Back