DeepForestRaceway_10_zps51db6acf.jpg

Deep Forest

DeepForestRaceway_9_zpse10c8e58.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original Circuits > Deep Forest
  • Car Type: Standard - Limited upgrades allowed (Drivetrain, Transmission, and Suspension only)
  • Make: Japan > Trial
  • Model: Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 294 BHP (This is power with oil change after break-in.)
  • Weight: 1140 kg (stock) (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Not allowed - Verifiable through race admin review of replays
  • Engine Modifications: Not allowed - Verifiable through race admin review of replays
  • Intake Modifications: Not available
  • Exhaust Modifications: Titanium Racing Exhaust allowed (stock) Sports Exhaust Manifold and Cat not available
  • Turbo: Supercharger not allowed - Verifiable through race admin review of replays
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Not allowed - Verifiable through race admin review of replays
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD allowed
  • Transmission: Full custom allowed.
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension allowed
  • Aero Modifications: Max is allowed
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

DeepForestRaceway_6_zpsac92237e.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Rumble Strips will be DQ'd. This does not mean these are the only 2 out of bounds areas. These pictures are posted for clarification only.
    [*]The final tunnel has an especially ambiguous border on the right side. Follow the white line there to stay safe.

The following areas are not part of the track. If you do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

DeepForestRaceway_1-1.jpg

CLEAN
DeepForestRaceway-1.jpg

DIRTY
DeepForestRaceway_2-1.jpg

CLEAN
DeepForestRaceway_3.jpg

DIRTY

Steward's Comments:
Trial Time. It's time for a time trial in a Trial. It's been said that this is the best FF in the game. Let's prove it.

The Trial Celica is a standard model and not in the current OCD, but it can be traded. If you don't have it without engine stages or weight reductions you can request one to be sent to you. The admins have been building a stock the last couple days. If you are already on the friends list of GTP_3D3Racing there is one on share there already and a few ready to be gifted. If you are not a registered online racer and need the car, send a friend request to GTP_3D3_C where you can borrow the car OR we can send you one from that account. Either way, if you need the car just post to the thread with a request after you send the FR. Enjoy.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

DeepForestRaceway_zpscabe803d.jpg

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

DeepForestRaceway_2_zpsb3c53eda.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 132 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, September 2nd 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

DeepForestRaceway_4_zps9a398e7a.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
In looking for a tune for this car, I found Praiano's post here, where he posted this picture of a tune he'd come up with, but it wasn't one he was officially endorsing. I used it and liked it on this combo, but obviously he has maxed it out here, whereas on this time trial we are not adding engine stages or reducing weight.

Good luck everyone. :cheers:

--
Some splits from testing. Feel free to chase them or obliterate them. :lol:

T1 was about a tenth slower than my best.

Last edited:
I'm in for this one. No good at this track though,usually. Here's hoping for a reversal!

O_o o_O

Last edited:
Looks like fun and I will have time this week so if I can bum a car off someone that would be swell.

Thanks in advance,

Baron

If demand is high and there's a shortage of cars to be gifted, put me at the bottom of the list. I probably won't get to this for a day or two.

Last edited:
My tune is not so good with this tires. The Dr_slump's one work a lot better, he've spent a long time on it and it's at least more than half second faster than mine.
dr_slump Trial Celica SS-II '03 (490PP;2.12+)

This is the RED 490PP of course. Can increase the springs a bit proportionally.

LSD
- Initial Torque : 5
- Acceleration : 44
- Braking : 5

Suspension
- Ride Height : -15/-14
- Spring Rate : 15.4/7.5
- Dampers (Extension) : 7/5
- Dampers (Compression) : 3/9
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/7

- Camber angle : 2.2/1.6
- Toe Angle : +0.04/-0.40

I don't have the car with no weight reductions but i've done some test with ballast at pos 0 to check it.

><(((((°>°°°°°

I can't send one until about 10hrs from now, until then, both GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_C have one shared.

I can't send one until about 10hrs from now, until then, both GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_C have one shared.

Can't play online or connect my PS3 , impossible to share or have a gifted car...:indiff: Need to check if i have a level 9 ticket in my truck.:)
In case i can't participate this one, i have the ford for the next week.
Thanks anyway..:)👍

Lovely! A relaxing trip to the forest after a couple of weeks of stress. Its not bad for an FF this thing. 👍 Nice start Lucas. :) A quick 10 laps to get a feel for it and try and work out a setup:

Hard to say how its going to play out at this point. Good fun though... Gotta love DFR. :cheers:

Edit - Another 10 laps and starting to sort out a setup:

Last edited:
Lots of fun this combo. I'm a full 2 sec, in both sectors, behind Chris at this time. I can do about 2-3 laps at a time before my back says no. NGU!!

WOW! With over 1000 cars in my garage I don't have this one! Can someone please send me one? Thank you!

Al

Nice looking combo, can never resist deep forest :)

I added the 3D3_C account so I can use the car on share. What time will the account be used next so I know when I can get started, cheers.

I did have this car but its had engine upgrades and rigidity improvement.

Hi guys :) can someone send me this car please? I have looked through 3 accounts and not a sausage :P

Nice looking combo btw 👍

I'll check the FR's on the 2 accounts in the next 30min.

EDIT: Done, you're added Lou.👍

To summarize:
Baron (but won't get started for a day or two)
Caine
Al
Lou (will just borrow?)
Mr P

I can send one in a little over 2hrs, and I think JTV told me he's going to send one too.

Just a suggestion here. Wouldn't it ne wise, if we are going to be using standard cars, to at least announce the car that will be in use for the following week at least 3 days in advance. That way we don't have this mad scramble of members trying to obtain these cars at the beginning, sometimes not being able to get one until mid-week. It would also give them time to get the car broke in so that everyone has the same chance to "hit the track running" when the event is announced. Just a suggestion.

Just a suggestion here. Wouldn't it ne wise, if we are going to be using standard cars, to at least announce the car that will be in use for the following week at least 3 days in advance. That way we don't have this mad scramble of members trying to obtain these cars at the beginning, sometimes not being able to get one until mid-week. It would also give them time to get the car broke in so that everyone has the same chance to "hit the track running" when the event is announced. Just a suggestion.

👍

It's a good suggestion. 👍 Should have done that.
I didn't realize this car was so rare.

I have the car with no mileage on it. Don't remember if it came from the OCD or not, might have to be broken in. I'll send one to Al after reset since he's already on my friend list.

I'm online right now and have an OCD 0 miles example on offer... first come first served. :)

New splits:

Better last sector and up a tenth. There's another tenth in sector 2 (so far). Setup and sector 1 vid to follow.

Chris, could you send to Caine, Mr P, or Baron, whichever is on your friends list?

I'll then send to one of them who you don't select in about an hour.

I think they're all on my friend list.

Since Al has already got one, I can send to someone else, just send an FR to GTP_AspecBob.

No worries Lucas. Sending one to Ron now, then Caine in about 50 mins (after reset). 👍 Baron, I'll send you one tomorrow night if that's ok..?

Hi guys :) can someone send me this car please? I have looked through 3 accounts and not a sausage :P

Nice looking combo btw 👍
I sent you a friend request. In about an hour I can send one to you. The car is all set and ready to drive.

I sent you a friend request. In about an hour I can send one to you. The car is all set and ready to drive.
I just sent one to Ron 👍

The car I'm sending already has this setup on it, which is the one I'm currently using:

picture.php

Last edited:
Vagabond
No worries Lucas. Sending one to Ron now, then Caine in about 50 mins (after reset). 👍 Baron, I'll send you one tomorrow night if that's ok..?

Thanks Chris and Lucas. Not sure if I have you as a friend Chris, which is a shame, I'll try to send an FR late tonight. I'll also keep an eye out in case Lucas can fit me in the schedule, and make sure I post when I receive the car.

Thanks for all the effort and generosity guys.

Baron, just send me an FR now, I can send you one in 30 minutes.

EDIT: after oil change, it's 294hp, so it must have been from the OCD.

Back