8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
Shame to hear, next time. :)

Race is underway, bazyl leading by a comfortable margin, followed by Pawel who's being attacked by Baumi!

Sucks. :(

bazyl just crashed and fell back to P3. Just before the top 3 were within 2 seconds of each other. Pawel has yet to make his 2nd pit stop, bazyl made the stop 4 laps ago. Baumi is attacking Pawel in every corner now, trying for the lead.

Edit: crash in the chicane after the tunnel, both of them spun - Baumi took the lead and went into the pits right away to serve his penalty, Pawel is going for yet another lap!

Edit 2: SAFETY CAR! bazyl on P2 picked up new prime tyres, 14 laps to go - I'm not sure if they'll last. He's being followed by Baumi once more. Pawel can win the race if nothing goes wrong, he's having the advantage now.

Edit 3: SC went in and so did Pawel - new option tyres with 13 laps to go. Brave. bazyl less than a second in front of Baumi, DRS coming up and he's flying by the Ferrari.

Edit 4: Baumi went into the pits, presumably for the last time - 7 laps to go. The Ferrari flew by, guns blazing - question is: will the tyres last? Lots of parts on the track, even the stranded Red Bull is still standing around near Sainte Devote.

Edit 5: bazyl spun just before the tunnel, Baumi took the lead, Pawel now following on P2. bazyl went into the pits, going for option tyres and a new front wing.

Edit 6: And that's it folks, Baumi takes the win at Monaco. Yes, I was bored (not because of the race) and that's why I wrote all this stuff down.

Edit 7: Unbelievable, bazyl takes P2 away from Pawel in the very last corner - the fast S corner just before the main straight. Jacques on P4.

Last edited:
Well, i had no control of the car, i lost like 20 seconds, trying to bring the car home.
But was it really necessary to push me into the wall Bazyl, i had no traction coming out the corner anyway.

It looked like you both slipped a bit, I guess it was just bad luck - thought you'd have some grip problems by that time...but, after all, not a bad race. :)

Fantastic win even with 4 stops and a drive-through!
But I don't know why I got the drive-through, cause I passed pawel on the inside an did nothing wrong there.
Still fantastic race by the top 3!

Anyway. Congratulations to Baumi on the win, and Bazyl for runner up, you guys were out of my league today.
I'm happy with 3rd, all i could manage.

Baumi27
Fantastic win even with 4 stops and a drive-through!
But I don't know why I got the drive-through, cause I passed pawel on the inside an did nothing wrong there.
Still fantastic race by the top 3!

Well, on my screen, you hit me, and i spun.

I have to agree, the top 3 cars made contact quite a lot - both with each other and the barriers.

However.

I think nothing's gone wrong per se, it was hard but still fair. I really, really hate unfair driving (I think you guys know that by now) and whilst I deem the events to be borderline, I think it evened out and nobody did anything on purpose.

I'll put the race replay up as soon as possible....well, as fast as my laptop is putting the files together.

Baumi27
Yes, but I was as left as I could and wasn't to late on the brakes, so I coulnd't do anything else.
And I was already alongside you when we came out off the tunnel.

Well, on my screen, i was clearly ahead, and this has happened more than once with JCM, and Mr.S, that's why i gave way the first time.
If i saw you alongside me coming down the tunnel, i would have given way in a heartbeat, but because you were behind, i saw no point to it. As it is, of course, a race.

It's really weird, as in this game i have no disconnection issues, but lag is a major factor. Whereas GT5, i have no lag issues, but keep getting disconnected a lot.

Last edited:
Well, on my screen, i was clearly ahead, and this has happened more than once with JCM, and Mr.S, that's why i gave way the first time.
If i saw you alongside me coming down the tunnel, i would have given way in a heartbeat, but because you were behind, i saw no point to it. As it is, of course, a race.

Sorry not really in the tunnel or after the tunnel, but it was like this I think.
Even a bit closer I would say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ATz6D7o4k

I know what you meant. It's just that it wasn't in my case, i saw you behind, and went for the turn. And you hit my rear.
If i saw the marker pointinng next to me, i would have taken the shortcut, and then let you pass, like the first time.

I know what you meant. It's just that it wasn't in my case, i saw you behind, and went for the turn. And you hit my rear.
If i saw the marker pointinng next to me, i would have taken the shortcut, and then let you pass, like the first time.

Well at the first time I didn't tried to pass you and so I didn't understand why you let me pass there.

Sucks. :(

bazyl just crashed and fell back to P3. Just before the top 3 were within 2 seconds of each other. Pawel has yet to make his 2nd pit stop, bazyl made the stop 4 laps ago. Baumi is attacking Pawel in every corner now, trying for the lead.

Edit: crash in the chicane after the tunnel, both of them spun - Baumi took the lead and went into the pits right away to serve his penalty, Pawel is going for yet another lap!

Edit 2: SAFETY CAR! bazyl on P2 picked up new prime tyres, 14 laps to go - I'm not sure if they'll last. He's being followed by Baumi once more. Pawel can win the race if nothing goes wrong, he's having the advantage now.

Edit 3: SC went in and so did Pawel - new option tyres with 13 laps to go. Brave. bazyl less than a second in front of Baumi, DRS coming up and he's flying by the Ferrari.

Edit 4: Baumi went into the pits, presumably for the last time - 7 laps to go. The Ferrari flew by, guns blazing - question is: will the tyres last? Lots of parts on the track, even the stranded Red Bull is still standing around near Sainte Devote.

Edit 5: bazyl spun just before the tunnel, Baumi took the lead, Pawel now following on P2. bazyl went into the pits, going for option tyres and a new front wing.

Edit 6: And that's it folks, Baumi takes the win at Monaco. Yes, I was bored (not because of the race) and that's why I wrote all this stuff down.

Edit 7: Unbelievable, bazyl takes P2 away from Pawel in the very last corner - the fast S corner just before the main straight. Jacques on P4.

I passed him without DRS, cause it wasn't enabled at that time. ;)
For me it was one off my best moves off the championship.

I need to start Recording these things from my prespective. I can hook up my PS eye to a PC, but then i need some program for it. I'll organise it for the next race.

Yes, great commentary job there Mr.S ! 👍

My best race so far, and i took the pole ! wow. I had gokart race yesterday and finished also 2nd with silver medal :) So i guess i had good day performance :)

I'd done few mistakes, and was driving as fast as i could on last laps to catch PAWEL, and then on last lap i saw difference between us went from 20sec to just 9sec. And on last corner i saw PAWEL spinning so i took inside and 2nd place. What a race :)

Congrats Baumi, You were so fast ! Thx again everyone for great night :)

I need to start Recording these things from my prespective. I can hook up my PS eye to a PC, but then i need some program for it. I'll organise it for the next race.

I'm recording mine aswell, i'll put my last lap on yt :)

Last edited:
Wish I'd been able to race, it sounds like it was very exciting.

Just curious, what was the pole time?

PAWEL17
That's a darn shame.

I did have driving line on though :lol:

I'm not consistently that fast, most of my hotlaps were in the 1:09.5 to 1:10.5 range for a long time, then I sort of started getting in a zone where I would start getting low 1:09s and even 1:08.9s.

I probably did at least 50 hotlaps, and I used the race director thing and wrote down my times on the 'Notes' app that comes with my Ipod. These were my top sectors and over potential best (I might not have added the potential properly).

S1 - 17.967
S2 - 34.286
S3 - 16.201
1:08.454

I didn't have quite enough practice to get the consistency over the three sectors though, which is why my potential best is half a second faster then my actual best.

My race strategy was:
Start: Used Options (6laps)
Lap 6: Options (9laps)
Lap 15: Primes (12laps)
Lap 27: Primes (12laps)

Also my race pace was at least a second off of my quali pace, and it's Monaco, so you guys still would've had a chance if you got lucky ;)

Can i just ask to postpone next race ?!

Its eastern next sunday and i will be at my wife's parents house 'till tuesday

PS. I checked the time from last race:

Baumi best 1:10,299

Bazylfox 1:11,167

Pawel 1:11,538

BlacqueJack 1:13,377

silent_killer 1:12,569

Last edited:
bazylfox
Can i just ask to postpone next race ?!

Its eastern next sunday and i will be at my wife's parents house 'till tuesday

I'm fine with that, gives the home crowd more time to get excited for their local heroes me and BlacquesJacques :)

Baumi27
I passed him without DRS, cause it wasn't enabled at that time. ;)
For me it was one off my best moves off the championship.

i could've sworn it was enabled - sorry, my bad. :)

It was without drs i think, i hitted barriers two times when going on main straight and had low speed. So Baumi didn't needed DRS for that.

Back