8th GTP Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 867 comments
Silverstone-logo.jpg

SUNDAY - 8:30pm UK time (9:30pm CET) - Please inform me in advance (message me!) if you can't make it!

I'll be there :)

Having troubles in practice. I can't get any faster then 1:26.5, and I know that high 1:24s are possible. Not sure why, but Silverstone is one of my worst tracks.

This'll be my first race in this series without the racing line as well. I figured that I might as well take it off as I'm slow regardless of whether it's there or not :lol:

davybrowndog10
hardly slow, do use boys use the steering wheel?, im finding it hard with tc off on the control panel, my races are very lonely lol:nervous:

Yeah, I use wheel. I used a DFGT for F1 2010/2011 until recently when I bought my G27. I mainly bought it for the clutch/6-speed transmission shifter thing, though the paddles are also way nicer then on the DFGT.

It's a lot easier because the wheel gives force feedback, and you can feel when you're on the edge of grip, and when you sort of need to back off. It means that I'll almost never spin, because I can correct it 9 out of 10 times. I've tried this game on a controller, and I think it's impossible :lol:. I'm very impressed with anyone who can get around without spinning for a single lap, let alone finishing a race 👍

I say I'm going slow because at most tracks I'm within a second of the fastest guys when I put in a good lap. Here I'm about two seconds back, yet I have no idea where I'm losing the time. It seems like maybe I'm just losing 2 tenths at every corner? Maybe I need to find a new line, maybe I need to tweak the setup. One unfourtuante part about this track for me is that my consistency is relatively good, which means that I can't get faster through repitition, I actually need to search for the time :(

This is the biggest problem track for me, and after this week I'll be going to tracks where I'm either good or decent at :)

yea its deadly with the controller with tc off, not to bad with it on, i only spun twice last week in the race but was still getting lapped lol, i would like to try it with the steering wheel, but have no room for 1, so ill have to struggle on:grumpy:

davybrowndog10
yea its deadly with the controller with tc off, not to bad with it on, i only spun twice last week in the race but was still getting lapped lol, i would like to try it with the steering wheel, but have no room for 1, so ill have to struggle on:grumpy:

Yeah that's tough. When you do get room make sure you get one :)

When I first got my wheel my lack of table/chair meant that I had to sit on the floor :lol: I couldn't race for more then 3 hours at a time without getting up and walking around :lol: It was probably more uncomfortable then an F1 car. I had that setup for a while, but for the past couple months I've had a comfortable chair to sit in and a table at the right height :)

Still stuggling to find time. Ignoring a small mistake every couple of laps costing me a few tenths, my laps are extremely consistent. Now I'm going to try tweaking the setup, knowing that it'll fail miserably until the car is undriveable :lol: The only parts of car that I understand how to setup in a way that makes the car faster is the aero and the gear ratios. Everything else confuses me, and I just end up making it worse :lol:

EDIT: Well, my minor setup tweaks seem to have worked a little, as I'm consitently getting low 1:26s. My potential best is less then a tenth faster then my actual best, meaning I'm getting pretty much all I can out of the setup/line :)

Now, to figure out tire strategy :eek:

Last edited:
Mr. S
°_°

Are you still in the race?

Edit: nope, restarting the room. Sorry guys.

Can you set it to cloudy, as that's how the race conditions would have been if we'd stayed in that lobby?

EDIT: Guess not,

Conditions:
Qualifying: Sunny :)
Race: Rainy? 69% chance of rain. :( ****

:lol: vice versa.

Problem is, the race would've been dry and the qualifying wet. Now it's the other way around...ah well, such is life. :)

I made 25 laps with the wet tyres. I came in the end, because I had a gap to Baumi, and as I was in the pit, my tyre popped.
That win should have been mine, because Baumi spun me during the early laps.
I gave him space the first time, but the second time, he was optimistic diving in, when I clearly had the turn.

You can give him the points, but the win was mine.

And thank you Mr.S for re-doing the room. It wasn't that hard now, was it?
Shame JCM got disconnected.

I made 25 laps with the wet tyres. I came in the end, because I had a gap to Baumi, and as I was in the pit, my tyre popped.
That win should have been mine, because Baumi spun me during the early laps.
I gave him space the first time, but the second time, he was optimistic diving in, when I clearly had the turn.

You can give him the points, but the win was mine.

And thank you Mr.S for re-doing the room. It wasn't that hard now, was it?
Shame JCM got disconnected.

I would like to see same replay about it but for me it was just a clean pass.
I made a Hamilton on Kovalainen but you turned in the corner when I was there.

I was in first when Baumi tried to pass me into turn 2/3? He locked up forcing us both off track. Somehow I got drive-through penalty! It was a racing incident with Baumi more to blame then me and I get a ******* drive-through!

So I went to serve my drive-through penalty and the team decides to put me on the inters. ****. I was planning on going the whole race on the Wet tires. So I come into the pits for my drive through on the next lap, and I'm 50 seconds behind the leaders. As it happens the inters are horrible and I spin off and punture my tire. BlacqueJack passed me and I was extremely pissed off at the game so I pulled over and turned off my PS3. My 4th pole in 6 races, and it would have been my 3rd win, but this game is a ******* idiot.

jcm
I was in first when Baumi tried to pass me into turn 2/3? He locked up forcing us both off track. Somehow I got drive-through penalty! It was a racing incident with Baumi more to blame then me and I get a ******* drive-through!

So I went to serve my drive-through penalty and the team decides to put me on the inters. ****. I was planning on going the whole race on the Wet tires. So I come into the pits for my drive through on the next lap, and I'm 50 seconds behind the leaders. As it happens the inters are horrible and I spin off and punture my tire. BlacqueJack passed me and I was extremely pissed off at the game so I pulled over and turned off my PS3. My 4th pole in 6 races, and it would have been my 3rd win, but this game is a ******* idiot.

Yeah I went to wide onto the grass and couldn't slow the car down cause my tires locked up there.
Very sorry about that cause I didn't realy want to pass you there.
But I think you got the penalty cause you cut the corner?

Baumi27
Yeah I went to wide onto the grass and couldn't slow the car down cause my tires locked up there.
Very sorry about that cause I didn't realy want to pass you there.
But I think you got the penalty cause you cut the corner?

No I got a penalty for 'causing a collision'. I tried to turn right but you were still locked up and it blamed me for it. And then they changed my tires and I got really mad at the game. After that I couldn't focus and there wasn't any reason to finish. I knew you locked up and that it was just a racing incident, I just wish the game knew that.

So, first of all: it was a rough race. However, I think everyone did their best to keep it fair. I guess spectators can hardly judge on incidents - I've seen PAWEL being stuck for 5 seconds during his pit stop and I'm sure he wasn't, he would've mentioned it (hopefully).

Also, Jacques asked (I think it was you, uh?) to disable rain for the rest of the season. What do you guys think? Acceptable change? I wouldn't mind having dry races only as they're generally more fun and close.

Mr. S
So, first of all: it was a rough race. However, I think everyone did their best to keep it fair. I guess spectators can hardly judge on incidents - I've seen PAWEL being stuck for 5 seconds during his pit stop and I'm sure he wasn't, he would've mentioned it (hopefully).

Also, Jacques asked (I think it was you, uh?) to disable rain for the rest of the season. What do you guys think? Acceptable change? I wouldn't mind having dry races only as they're generally more fun and close.

I agree about the dry race part.

I might not be racing but maybe no rain to begin with but have it rain mid way through a race? It adds that extra dynamic that could make or break a race.

Jolt are you a rubber necker? Will you ever race or just comment :dopey:

I think rain affects connection; rather have it off; closer racing in the dry anyways.

I spun 3-4 times in the race; was too far behind until JCM threw in the towel, finished third. Used wets all race, did one stopper If I remember right :dopey:

JCM, when I pit I always remind the crew what tyres I want so no mistakes :)

Uh, I did race once apon a time. :D
I've just stopped racing because I can't get on around the time for races sometimes. Also I'm waiting to get a decent stand for my wheel.

BlacqueJacques
Jolt are you a rubber necker? Will you ever race or just comment :dopey:

I think rain affects connection; rather have it off; closer racing in the dry anyways.

I spun 3-4 times in the race; was too far behind until JCM threw in the towel, finished third. Used wets all race, did one stopper If I remember right :dopey:

JCM, when I pit I always remind the crew what tyres I want so no mistakes :)

Yeah, it's just that I went in to serve my drive through penalty, and for some reason they changed my tires. If I'd been expecting that they'd change my tires I'd have reminded them. If they brought back the 'pit in' button it wouldn't have been so bad. I was planning on zero-stopping :( Probably shouldn't have retired though. Instead of throwing away 13 points I threw away 25 points :(

And yeah, the racing is more fun in the dry and it's a lot closer.

Back