90's DTM- FINISHED

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 2,928 comments

What shall we do about tyre wear?

• Total voters
TM was ok but I was alone for the whole race. And Brett up my behind trying to catch me.
I thought he would but then I got used to the Merc again and left him.
Screwed 2nd last Lap => scale drove his position home.
Also I tried to get Mike but the gap stayed the same no gaining or loosing.

2nd race was different. Started quite well only one AWD Car passed me and I tried to cross the road to avoid even that but them AWD have ultimate starting power :D.
Drove at 3rd and held up Spurgy, Immortal and Tyrrell for 2 laps and at the 3rd on (or second) Spurgy tried a move at the corner before Corkscrew.
He bombed for my inside made me almost loose control of my Car. He passed me; we where side-by-side and Immortal pressed himself through us which caused my car to loose a bit grip and Tyrrell passed me too.

=> My race was over Thx 👍

Held Pagey up for a lap but he managed to stay calm and passed me at final turn clean.
Drove home but was totally pissed. Let wordup unlap himself at the end.

I try to make the last races too.

Pagey- Did you like my sly Edit :D

Sakery- Cool report mate, it was a frustrating evening for me too. Couldnt get hold of the car for some reason :(
See you for the last races hopefully 👍

This series looks great, is there room in the Vauxhall team for wednesday?

I'm a clean racer :)

You can join in no problem. Fire me a friend request and join my lounge on wed but I should mention this finishes the wed after next.

Well i'm chuffed :D 2 championships under my belt now
Race report:
I started 5th because of the confusion with the qualifying, but all was not lost. We got going and it was going well untill we came to one corner and i got pushed wide and lost a couple of places, then on the next lap i got pushed completely off the track again and was in second to last.
I fought through and got past a few people with some good battles along the way. 2 places i got were because of the driver infront making a mistake and letting me through. Then on the very last lap on the very last corner i got a cracking run out and pipped brett to the line by 0.003 of a second :D Possibly my best win.

The second race started and some drivers were a tad rough, but nothing too bad. I came through the pack again and caught spurgy, i just got by on the first corner and pulled out 3 second which was just enough as my tyres went off pretty badly towards the end. Another win for me due to immortal being disqualified because he rage quit 👎 and scale using the alfa

Looks like I'm on for 2nd, unless Spurgey can do something about it. Good race at Deep Forest although I'l have to have a quick look at the replay first before I do a report.

It must have been a regional thing, the maintenance may have been localised to south Africa or something.

:lol: Wordup lives in the UK. Strange how we all got round it :confused:

Hopefully you will make the final ever DTM meeting on wed wordup 👍

Well i'm chuffed :D 2 championships under my belt now
Race report:
I started 5th because of the confusion with the qualifying, but all was not lost. We got going and it was going well untill we came to one corner and i got pushed wide and lost a couple of places, then on the next lap i got pushed completely off the track again and was in second to last.
I fought through and got past a few people with some good battles along the way. 2 places i got were because of the driver infront making a mistake and letting me through. Then on the very last lap on the very last corner i got a cracking run out and pipped brett to the line by 0.003 of a second :D Possibly my best win.

The second race started and some drivers were a tad rough, but nothing too bad. I came through the pack again and caught spurgy, i just got by on the first corner and pulled out 3 second which was just enough as my tyres went off pretty badly towards the end. Another win for me due to immortal being disqualified because he rage quit 👎 and scale using the alfa

Congrats dude:cheers: Another Immortal rage quit!!??!!:yuck: Change ya name to "Withdrawal" seems to fit better.:D

As long as i can connect i will make it for the last DTM round 👍

I have been practicing my F1 skills. Only just got my head around changing gear, and operating the DRS and KERS buttons. Now I have to learn how to stay on track whilst pressing all the buttons...

Can't wait for it to start!

@Sandman - please don't be shy to share setup tips with your Renault team-mate ;)

Pagey- Its not that confusing :lol:

JB- Agreed, very dissapointed...again :(

Wordup- Dont try and bluff it, you will be fast as always :)

Immortal- He is great isnt he 👍

All- Working on the OP this evening, too busy at the moment.

It's no longer this evening Brett, we have gone through tonight, this morning and now we are in this afternoon ;)

Latest Posts

Back