A month later, your opinion on GTSport?

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 430 comments
You both seem to have a problem with the fact that there are many many people who are completely happy with this game and are willing to give it a chance to develop into something really special.

Not all are willing to get into a fool's errand like that.

The game is exactly what it is now nothing more, it's not what it may be in the future based on hopes and dreams.

It just is what it is. And what it is currently is unfortunately quite lacking.

That most definitely is strictly an opinion and we all know what they are like everybody has one!

My opinion is that with the online racing that this is the best GT yet, offline it offers everything but a scripted "career mode" that winning a championship and basically a participation trophy against easily beatable AI offers no challenge whatsoever and is just an ego stroker for people that want to believe in their own mind how good they are.

If you take the time to read the retail packaging of the game you will see that GTS is delivering 100% everything they advertise the game to be and there are many who seem to be pleased overall with the new direction of the series away from car collecting and modifying to more of a focus on the actual racing product.

If you do not care for the game no one is forcing you to keep harping about how bad it is and I am sure there are other games which you may find more to your taste. But many do not share your opinion that the game does not deliver.

If you took the time to read the package and have played the game you will see you got exactly what PD said you would get so why whine about how bad it is?

and is just an ego stroker for people that want to believe in their own mind how good they are.

There are many other reasons for a quality SP, the constant suggestion that SP’s are inferior to MP’s is tiresome.

But many do not share your opinion that the game does not deliver.

But many do.

you would get so why whine about how bad it is?

Its a natural occurrence when a brand changes in some way, F1 logo case in point.

There are many other reasons for a quality SP, the constant suggestion that SP’s are inferior to MP’s is tiresome.

Other than a scripted career mode what is really missing from the single player offline content? With the custom races you can create whatever you desire in a race,
In arcade mode you have, single race, time trial, drift trial, custom race, 2 player battle. These do not even require an internet connection.

In campaign mode you have driving school, mission challenge and circuit experience. These do require an internet connection but you can actually compete to have the top times among all your friends that play the game here.

This edition also adds the livery editor which allows you to make one off totally custom paint schemes on your cars which someone that likes custom and modified vehicles this should be a welcome addition.

Yes you do not have the ability to modify and add superchargers or ported heads any longer but you can still upgrade power and decrease weight for better performance. In a racing game is better and higher performance not the desired end result?

You can still tune suspensions and gear ratios which still allows dialing in a cars driveabilty to peak performance for your driving style.

So really what all is missing offline that people are complaining about? Car count was well advertised and known before the game ever released for anyone that bothered to research the games content prior to purchase. But cars are already starting to come via DLC within the next day and also next month.

Again track content is a little weak but again this was not a surprise as the the open demo and many on line forums pre launch listed the available tracks. Again most believe that we will see additional tracks added in the upcoming months.

What I tire of hearing is how this is a bad game, the game is delivering EVERYTHING that it has claimed in its advertising. The only people that really that keep downing the game are people that wanted PD to produce a different game.

I can understand that they wanted something different but that was not what PD advertised or produced.

That would be the same as downing the new COD WW2 because there is no wall running or hovercraft in game because that was what someone wanted even though that was not the game that was advertised.

I have played all the gt games and with the exception of what I mentioned in career and car modifying what is missing? B spec? This game thus far is not a game that is requiring major grinding to to buy every car that you need to play the game and just average play should be earning enough credits to buy the cars you are not winning in the daily car gift.

I just cannot understand why all the whining.

The game is exactly what it is now nothing more, it's not what it may be in the future based on hopes and dreams.

What it currently is for me is runner-up in my Game of the Year behind Horizon Zero Dawn. And it's only going to get better.

We are now getting on for 6 weeks post launch and have a good grasp of the very significant updates and DLC coming shortly. If it's still not for you it's probably time to move on.

Last edited:
Nice game to play on my PS4 Pro and my 65'' 4K Sony bravia tv but enough of pad, i can't wait to receive my brand new Thrustmaster T-GT and my Playseat challenge to try it.

I'm back to Gran Turismo, i bought it last friday, 50% off black friday discount on Playstation Store and so far i'm very happy about GT: Sport, i'm not playing online, so the news about more single player content was the reason for why i bought it, i have missed Zuzuka and Willow Springs and it is fun to race on those tracks again.
I'm going through the campaign now and this is what i have always liked about GT and the cars is just stunning :) and neither Project Cars or Assetto Corsa have what GT have, earning money and buying cars and the rewards, we humans just love rewards :) at least i do ;).
So yeah i'm very happy for buying GT: Sport.

Last edited:
I like some of the changes but have not played GT in a bit. The Dailies are just too... Daily ;) Waiting for Weekly races to come back and I will start it up again. I was hoping they would add weekly in 1.06 but no luck.

Maybe this GT League will be something to fill it in tho. (I am new to GT so not sure how it works.)

People wanting something different from you and coming here to express it isn't whining. Many don't share your opinion of the game. Is that so hard to understand?

I have absolutely no problem understanding that some people want something different thank you! Do you have a problem understanding that PD delivered exactly what the packaging claims that the game would deliver so from that standpoint is it the game that is wrong or the purchaser for buying a product that was not what they wanted to begin with?

What I do not understand is that people complain of the lack off offline content, other than the SCRIPTED career mode it seems that most content from past games is there.

Again I understand how some people want something different but when you buy a game that delivers EVERYTHING it advertises to deliver (read the retail package for verification if needed! ) how can you legitimately whine about the game or lack of what you wanted in a game. You bought a product that never stated it would deliver the game you preferred.

The game has delivered what it said it would deliver and you were the one that bought the game actually wanting a different game experience that the game and its packaging never claimed to fulfill. How is that the fault of the game or PD and not the fault of the purchaser that apparently did not research and understand what he was buying?

Again I have no problem with anyone wanting a different experience but it does get old when people continue to complain about content that was never claimed to be included but yet it is a bad game or incomplete game as a result. No it is purchasers that bought a product that was not what they wanted from from the start and like many in society today want to blame someone else rather than be responsible for their own actions which in this case is buying a game based off off what was made in prior editions and ASSUMING the game was unchanged despite the packaging delivering 100% of what was stated!

So, I was chatting with some friends in the industry. It seems that GTSport's release scheme may become more common in other games.

So, here's the gist of what they are doing. They heavy lifting get's done (renderer, physics, etc) so that content can be created. Then, "enough" content is released to make it a worthwhile purchase for the diehards. Then, over time, the rest of the content is released. This spreads the revenue stream over longer stretch of time and keeps people playing longer/coming back to the game.

So, rather than releasing GT7 in 2018 or even 2019, they release it now and add the content over the time span from now until then.

It's a page from the free to play world, the difference being that you pay from all (or at least almost all) the content up front when you purchase the game, the upside being that 100% of the users are paying where the free to play, 3-5% are paying.

So, the game is actually NOT what it is today and nothing more and the future is not based on hopes and dreams. Granted, I would love to see a release schedule. If people would rather wait until all the content is done before plunking down their cash, no problem...just wait a year or so.

So, I was chatting with some friends in the industry. It seems that GTSport's release scheme may become more common in other games.

So, here's the gist of what they are doing. They heavy lifting get's done (renderer, physics, etc) so that content can be created. Then, "enough" content is released to make it a worthwhile purchase for the diehards. Then, over time, the rest of the content is released. This spreads the revenue stream over longer stretch of time and keeps people playing longer/coming back to the game.

So, rather than releasing GT7 in 2018 or even 2019, they release it now and add the content over the time span from now until then.

It's a page from the free to play world, the difference being that you pay from all (or at least almost all) the content up front when you purchase the game, the upside being that 100% of the users are paying where the free to play, 3-5% are paying.

So, the game is actually NOT what it is today and nothing more and the future is not based on hopes and dreams. Granted, I would love to see a release schedule. If people would rather wait until all the content is done before plunking down their cash, no problem...just wait a year or so.

Exactly. As I have said before, Games as a Service, ala Rainbow 6 Siege or Destiny. The way of the future for many developers whether we like it or not.

From 2014.
"What does Games as a Service actually mean? How do you define it?

When I think about Games as a Service, I think about games that deploy a web-based infrastructure so that they can be continuously updated. Developers use this to react to audience behaviours and deliver events and features that nurture long-term engagement."

http://www.develop-online.net/interview/games-as-a-service-what-does-it-mean-for-indies/0189880

Just want to again add the disclaimer that I am an online gamer.

Other than a scripted career mode what is really missing from the single player offline content?

I would have thought the scripted part to be critical, its what gives the game soul in my opinion, there is no structure to the game, just a few stand alone sections thrown together for good measure.

(License Tests, Circuit experience, Arcade mode)

There is no narrative and my gut feeling that someone who plays SP offline would need a narrative of some sort for the game to be interesting.

Again track content is a little weak but again this was not a surprise as the the open demo and many on line forums pre launch listed the available tracks. Again most believe that we will see additional tracks added in the upcoming months.

They may eventually reach an acceptable level. But lets be honest, its more than a little weak, lets ignore those rally tracks as well being awful that they are, lets ignore the fictional tracks because IMO this was the worst aspect of GT games, I’ve never been a lover. Leaving for me a paltry few tracks that are lifeless.

So the track list is absolutely crap, and thats an honest assessment from someone who likes the game.

What I tire of hearing is how this is a bad game, the game is delivering EVERYTHING that it has claimed in its advertising. The only people that really that keep downing the game are people that wanted PD to produce a different game.

That maybe so but I just dont buy that its going to be sucessful in its ambition.

Fire up BF1 within 2 and half mins your in the thick of it with options coming out of your ears. Choosing wherever and with what ever to get your FPS fix.

Fire up GTS and you could be waiting an hour to race an event on a track your not so keen on in a car that you wouldn’t choose but do because BOP is shot, with all options restricted that make a race in real life fun but in GTS sap the life out of the game.

Be honest the game looks amazing but as Scaff has said before (stealing his line now).

Outside of pretty the game is epically lacking.

I enjoyed the game when it was released, but I am enjoying it much more now that i've progressed into sport races with higher ranked players. Races are a joy when you are paired up with other clean drivers. I say all this having been using the DS4 controller, which is surprisingly competent for controlling even high powered cars…. with a bit of traction control enabled (1 or 2).

I suspect I’m really going to love the game once I get my TS300RS up and running and can ditch traction control. Just waiting on a pedal adapter to arrive so I can use my old G27 pedals. Wednesday can’t come soon enough!

Also pleased to see PD adding some real cars to the roster (FD RX-7)... Hopefully that continues

Last edited:
The first 6 items on your list have absolutely nothing to do with Driving so why is that gameplay important to include in a game that touts itself as the real driving simulator?

They have everything to do with driving but almost nothing to do with racing. It's important because those people make up a huge part of the GT fan base and that = $$$$$$. That was the greatest thing about past GT's the freedom to play the game the way you wanted to. Not everyone likes competitive racing and for those that do like it that's great but to make GT into a racing online only game with so little content was a stupid move on PD end.
It would be equal to a new COD giving you 2 maps and 2 guns and no campaign mode or GTA taking away your freedom to roam free ( no more picking up hookers and taking them for a ride).
The many other ways people like to play GT shouldn't effect your game play at all so really why bash it? When you should be wanting something for everyone included so the franchise survive.

Your exactly correct.

Most people will not buy a half completed game no matter what may or may not come later in DLC.

It is all it is today nothing more i won't pretend otherwise like some of you, as everything else is wishful thinking giving there is very little announced. Anything beyond official announcement is hopes and dreams of the gtplanet fanbase.

There Is no official announcement for 6 months down the line for them to be held to not that it wouldn't mean much, PD and KAz are notorious for failing to deliver content and announced features. So any time they can stop and move on to a new game or forced by sony if profit falls to the point it's not worth it.

I get that strategy, it's also not working so well for many games. Too much greed impacting content and gameplay. (Battlefront Destiny2)and more. Even Gtsport seems dead on arrival in the US.

Fundamentally GT is the last franchise that needs that strategy, Nor will it achieve the revenue the previous titles would with strong launched at full price or the large user base. It just sold to damn well on its old formula. Especially how already pissed of the fan base is with how little content there is, yahh charging them for more won't be taken well given even the hard Gt defenders on here mostly think all dlc will be free.

What it currently is for me is runner-up in my Game of the Year behind Horizon Zero Dawn. And it's only going to get better.

We are now getting on for 6 weeks post launch and have a good grasp of the very significant updates and DLC coming shortly. If it's still not for you it's probably time to move on.

You should stick to telling yourself what to do buddy not others.

They have everything to do with driving but almost nothing to do with racing. It's important because those people make up a huge part of the GT fan base and that = $$$$$$. That was the greatest thing about past GT's the freedom to play the game the way you wanted to. Not everyone likes competitive racing and for those that do like it that's great but to make GT into a racing online only game with so little content was a stupid move on PD end.
It would be equal to a new COD giving you 2 maps and 2 guns and no campaign mode or GTA taking away your freedom to roam free ( no more picking up hookers and taking them for a ride).
The many other ways people like to play GT shouldn't effect your game play at all so really why bash it? When you should be wanting something for everyone included so the franchise survive

I have no problem with GTS including everything under the sun in the game as how others play the game does not affect me and how I play the game.

Where my objection is the people that relentlessly continue to slam the game because of content that was not included that the game never advertised was to be a part of the Gran Turismo Sport game from the get go.

I realize and understand and even to a point sympathize with you that this latest edition of the franchise has changed and much of what was 'standard" in the previous editions was not included as content in the new approach.

I understand that many do not like the changes and wish the franchise had of stayed on the same path from the past. But the game did not, it changed its focus from car collecting and modifying to a race oriented format. Sometimes games change, just like COD to WW2 back from the future, how many players do you guess are unhappy with having a M1 as a main battle gun compared to the guns from the future? How about needing to ride in a jeep or heaven forbid actually have to walk up a hill rather than some transportation from the future?

Sure it is still a fighting game but the focus is now different than the game from the last how many years? Same with GTS, it is still a driving game but the focus has shifted to racing. Some like it, some do not but just because it does not include content of someones preference does not make it a bad game or a failure.

Many that do not like the changes would rather slam PD than accept this is just a game that currently does not check the boxes for them. Opinions will always be different concerning content but if a game does not give me enjoyment does not mean it is a bad game just not what I was looking for.

In one update... THEY HAVE DESTROYED IT!

I mean, it wasn't great to begin with, but now! Wow! It's unplayable. GT Sport meet eBay... I'll be lucky to get a fiver I think.

Just what the hell are they playing at? Who are they trying to please? Everyone? Driving is NOT for everyone! You are trying to please the kids who want 'instant win' and at the same time you are distancing yourself from real petrolheads and sim racing aficionado's. Let me tell you something... Kids have short attention spans, GT Sport for them is short lived. Just like it is now for me.

I'm not wasting one more minute with this game! Gran Turismo is dead to me!

In one update... THEY HAVE DESTROYED IT!

I mean, it wasn't great to begin with, but now! Wow! It's unplayable. GT Sport meet eBay... I'll be lucky to get a fiver I think.

Just what the hell are they playing at? Who are they trying to please? Everyone? Driving is NOT for everyone! You are trying to please the kids who want 'instant win' and at the same time you are distancing yourself from real petrolheads and sim racing aficionado's. Let me tell you something... Kids have short attention spans, GT Sport for them is short lived. Just like it is now for me.

I'm not wasting one more minute with this game! Gran Turismo is dead to me!

I'm pleased so far with the update. But I get you, not everyone will be.

I have no problem with GTS including everything under the sun in the game as how others play the game does not affect me and how I play the game.

Where my objection is the people that relentlessly continue to slam the game because of content that was not included that the game never advertised was to be a part of the Gran Turismo Sport game from the get go.

I realize and understand and even to a point sympathize with you that this latest edition of the franchise has changed and much of what was 'standard" in the previous editions was not included as content in the new approach.

I understand that many do not like the changes and wish the franchise had of stayed on the same path from the past. But the game did not, it changed its focus from car collecting and modifying to a race oriented format. Sometimes games change, just like COD to WW2 back from the future, how many players do you guess are unhappy with having a M1 as a main battle gun compared to the guns from the future? How about needing to ride in a jeep or heaven forbid actually have to walk up a hill rather than some transportation from the future?

Sure it is still a fighting game but the focus is now different than the game from the last how many years? Same with GTS, it is still a driving game but the focus has shifted to racing. Some like it, some do not but just because it does not include content of someones preference does not make it a bad game or a failure.

Many that do not like the changes would rather slam PD than accept this is just a game that currently does not check the boxes for them. Opinions will always be different concerning content but if a game does not give me enjoyment does not mean it is a bad game just not what I was looking for.

I can not speak for others only myself but I really don't have any problems with GTS or its style of gameplay. However I do bash it for its lack of content and versatility. I fully understand and was completely aware of what was advertised. It left me a bit sore that after 4 years since GT6 this is all PD could come up with. What I wasn't aware of was this.

https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-no-plans-gran-turismo-7/

They decided not to announce this until the last minute. That changed everything because its basically telling the rest of its fan base you don't matter to us. Had they said there is plans for a GT7 most fans would not be so negative towards GTS. With PD having the attitude that this is the way GT series is now take it or leave it, only added salt to the wounds. So by PD themselves calling GTS the new GT7 is the reason why GTS is getting bashed by so many. It's not even close to a GT7 and it was never advertised as a GT7 so for them to come out now and say it is, that's going to get major pushback.

Once again I don't have a problem with anyone who is playing GTS, likes GTS, loves GTS or Praises it. It's definitely something that GT needed but it should have been added to GT7 and not been its replacement. I have a problem with the people who praise the fact PD destroyed the Classic GT for this style of gameplay only. When both could have coexisted in the same game without effecting anyone. My problem is also with PD for having that same we are better than you attitude.
So my only option was not to buy a PS4 along with PS+ and not to buy GTS to get my point across. Now × that by a few million people doing the exact same thing and you can see why sales of GTS are not strong and why PD is backpedaling on it's crappie business decisions.

I can not speak for others only myself but I really don't have any problems with GTS or its style of gameplay. However I do bash it for its lack of content and versatility. I fully understand and was completely aware of what was advertised. It left me a bit sore that after 4 years since GT6 this is all PD could come up with. What I wasn't aware of was this.

https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-no-plans-gran-turismo-7/

They decided not to announce this until the last minute. That changed everything because its basically telling the rest of its fan base you don't matter to us. Had they said there is plans for a GT7 most fans would not be so negative towards GTS. With PD having the attitude that this is the way GT series is now take it or leave it, only added salt to the wounds. So by PD themselves calling GTS the new GT7 is the reason why GTS is getting bashed by so many. It's not even close to a GT7 and it was never advertised as a GT7 so for them to come out now and say it is, that's going to get major pushback.

Once again I don't have a problem with anyone who is playing GTS, likes GTS, loves GTS or Praises it. It's definitely something that GT needed but it should have been added to GT7 and not been its replacement. I have a problem with the people who praise the fact PD destroyed the Classic GT for this style of gameplay only. When both could have coexisted in the same game without effecting anyone. My problem is also with PD for having that same we are better than you attitude.
So my only option was not to buy a PS4 along with PS+ and not to buy GTS to get my point across. Now × that by a few million people doing the exact same thing and you can see why sales of GTS are not strong and why PD is backpedaling on it's crappie business decisions.

So basically you just told me you do not even own a PS4, you do not own GTS and have not played the existing content but yet you can say that PD developed a bad game and you really do not know first hand what offline content is actually there and playable?

Hard to seriously pay any attention to a person that is bashing a product that you do not even own the game or the games platform and lack first hand experience with to form such a negative opinion.

Maybe either PD or another studio will in the future develop a car game that you will like but this game is not all negative and giving it a chance before rejecting it might not be so bad.

So basically you just told me you do not even own a PS4, you do not own GTS and have not played the existing content but yet you can say that PD developed a bad game and you really do not know first hand what offline content is actually there and playable?

Hard to seriously pay any attention to a person that is bashing a product that you do not even own the game or the games platform and lack first hand experience with to form such a negative opinion.

Maybe either PD or another studio will in the future develop a car game that you will like but this game is not all negative and giving it a chance before rejecting it might not be so bad.

Trying to discredit anything I've said by accusing me of never playing GTS and saying negitive things about it is kinda sad. Sorry but your very wrong on both.
And other people do not have to play this game to figure out if it is or isn't for them or to have a positive/negative opinion on it.
Saying GTS is lacking in content and versatility isn't being negitive its speaking 100% the damn truth. One minute you agree with that on here and the next minute with me you don't.
So it's just pointless to continue this conversation.

I bought a PS4 pro for GTS. Bought the pointless deluxe GTS digital copy. Wasn't really that confident that it would be a game I would love but I had hope.

A month or so later I feel depressed even thinking about playing it and also it's leaving a bad feeling with me about gaming over all.

GTS is the first game I've been involved in playing the BETA and giving feedback. Absolutely nothing I left any feedback for has been implemented. From the rev "counter" in chase cam being over the bottom of the car, to the lack of a Scottish flag.

I've played every GT game to death along with some others so I thought I would be able to provide decent feedback.

There's no way I'll get to 200,000 miles in GTS like I did in GT6.

Garage full of favourites maxed at 100 in GT6 with only road cars 500pp to 650pp. Couldn't fit any of my race cars or some other categories in!

Now I'm racing in cars I don't even like that much just to give it a sense of variety.

Sorry for the rant but I guess from that you can tell my opinion is that I'm sorry I bought the thing.

I'm not sure the Sony/Polyphony Digital focus on the "FIA" championships in online racing is paying off. Consider this, as of 11/28/17, 3:30 AM New York time, there were only 1495 drivers entered in the Nations Cup worldwide. Top driver, OTMS _Snow at 3802 points, lowest driver with points, tjparizzo with 10 points in position 1495.

So let's say GT Sport has sold 2 million copies worldwide. That means 0.075% of the people that purchased the game are racing in the Nations Cup.

That may be a reason Update 1.07 is bringing back single player game mode with Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup, etc. If there is no more offline/single player content like GT5, or GT6 for those of us who don't have the time or skills to participate in the "FIA" series, this game is in danger of losing its popularity.

You realise that not everyone reads everything (sometimes nothing) about a game before buying it right. Sometimes these weird people just think "well GT6 was good (arguable) so how bad can GTS be", then walk into a shop and buy it. Gtplanet is a drop in the ocean of people who are disappointed and can speak for all the other disappointed blind buyers, lets call them.

And it's not just the lack of content. It's the way that small amount of content has been implemented, etc.

Been a fan of GT since game 1 and yes this is not the best entry in the series but I do feel like they have much improved it since it's release day. I enjoy playing it a lot more now then I did when I first downloaded it and once the GT League update is live I can't see me playing much else.

Just hope they keep updating it with new cars, tracks and events etc to keep myself and the whole GT community interested!

Give it a month and the game will be on pre-owned shelves for less than 10 bucks. Games as a service can go to hell. If there's any merit I'll grab it in a year for a fiver.

Currently I'm starting to regret selling my PS3. Even if they made a HD release of 6 and called it 7 it would've sold more than this shell of a game they are pushing now. Just riding on GT's name but being nothing like the previous games.

Back