Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
image.jpg

1955 Lister Bristol (CN#BHL9) barn find.

I'm pretty sure that Lister has never made a good looking car. They may have been effective race cars, but pretty they ain't.

"Enjoy these pics of a burned out 440 6-Pack Superbird. It was in a warehouse fire in Detroit in 2006. The insurance company paid $176,000 on it. It is planned to be restored."

Cool stuff.

Looks like it had some go fast parts on the engine too :/

Wonder if it was restored yet.

If I go to Dubai, can I claim the abandoned supercars to Portugal? Is because I don't want to be arrested for claiming a car without a permission of police...

No

My emotions right now range from this

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

...to this

show-rage-o.gif

Really doubt they could care less about someone taking off with one of their expendable toys
But the problem is that I'll need several trucks and several planes because I'm pretendng to claim all of abandoned supercars.

Story on the burnt Superbird:

http://rustingmusclecars.com/plymouth/1970-road-runner-superbird

Remember about 6 years ago when the economy was good, the stock market was good, and the car market was booming ? Well the muscle car market was moving leaps and bounds, but the economy wasn't moving as fast. So lots of money guys, guys who couldn't tell the difference between a Cuda and a Roadrunner, started putting their money into cars. Eight years ago this was a rotissere restored Superbird that was appraised at $175,000. I have the appraisal to prove it.
When the muscle car market dropped this guy panicked, because he had a huge garage full of high dollar cars, which all of a sudden weren't worth what he had in them. So he went in and dropped shelves, junk, etc on his cars (to increase the damage) then set fire to the place and collected on the insurance. I have that paperwork too. Unfortunately while all the insurance paperwork was being finished, checks written, and a new owner found, the car sat outside in the weather. Hence the rusty appearance. When you first glance at the car it doesn't look good. But its deceiving. The car was in a garage that started on fire, however the car didn't get that hot. Alot of original paint is still on the car, the damage your seeing is almost entirely from stuff he dropped on it. Basically dents/dings, all very fixable.

Back