Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
Region specific RNG drop rates? Could just be unlucky. Interesting to note though that when I'm in one of those aiming for special raid rooms we were more likely to encounter a special raid mission when the teams were hair-splittingly close during the previous sortie.

Oh and planning to murder F-22s eh? I may have to give this TDM tourney a few rounds in my primary account ;).

Speaking of TDM I've just spent a solid 2 hours - if not more - putting well placed tips/tricks/advice on the annotations of this match I posted earlier and have basically turned it into one of those help videos that YouTube is so useful for.

Tell me what you guys think. All constructive feedback is appreciated!

The 'death from above strategy' is also my Ace in the hole :D
You can also use the 'death from below' when all the planes are in a lot higher position :P
6AAM/4AAM are perfect for the spammy strategy, at least one missile should hit the target but I prefer QAAM or HVAA (HPAA are "risky" to use due to the not-so-good-maneuverability and with SAAMs you have an almost guaranteed shot but you are pretty much exposed as you need to be concentrate on the target)

I don't think I would participate a lot in this tournament, I don't like TDM that much and my planes are very easy to get shot down.

On a second thought, I wonder if the new Sukhoi Flankers would come in handy for this tournament, especially the Su-37, it got a 2DCD vectoring nozzle right?

Project Aces have updated how much damage points a players plane are worth so if say you have a Level 10 MiG-29 going up against a player with a low level stealthie you'll probably have a pretty good chance at winning since their plane is worth more points per kill (at no performance disadvantage to you).

As for the Sukhoi's - yeah they're very good planes. If for any reason you don't want a T-50 the Su-37 is more than capable to hold it's own in TDM. Probably comparable to how the F-22 and Typhoon would match up against each other I'd imagine.

The 'death from above strategy' is also my Ace in the hole :D
You can also use the 'death from below' when all the planes are in a lot higher position :P
6AAM/4AAM are perfect for the spammy strategy, at least one missile should hit the target but I prefer QAAM or HVAA (HPAA are "risky" to use due to the not-so-good-maneuverability and with SAAMs you have an almost guaranteed shot but you are pretty much exposed as you need to be concentrate on the target)

:lol: yeah the 'death from above' strategy doesn't last very long these days. Once you initiate it everyone just keeps on climbing until everybody starts stalling (which is where death from below suddenly becomes handy!).

People started to counteract these with just keeping the throttle wide open which made for very boring high-speed circle-jerking matches (nobody gets shot down, no missiles connect). Thank goodness for common sense and creativity trumping what the mainstream players are doing!

I need to start using my QAAMs. They're up to level 4 in my main account but the 4AAMs have always been one step ahead of them in terms of levels + they're usually more effective in co-op due to the number of targets we're trying to wipe out. I guess the few sorties I do for this TDM will be a nice test session for the new plane/sp.weapon combos I have!

EDIT #01: Just listened to this again:

So many feels :'). I might go for that Galm emblem after all...

EDIT #02: Searched Ace Combat Infinity forum on the internetz. GTPlanet shows up on page 5 with this:

lolwut.PNG

3:33 a.m. here in NZ.

Last edited:
I don't have a plane with QAAMs capable of a fair doghfight against a high level T50/F22/Su47 and this is gonna be painful.
Typhoon with HVAA or 6AAM?
My F-16 is a level 6 fighter (just one more and I can use QAAM) but meh, come on, it does not have a chance against an heavy modified F-22!
Today I almost scored 10'000 points with the Typhoon in pipeline destruction, a truly metal bloodbath... :mischievous:

Memories from the past, I loved zero, AC5 and 4, a top 1000 is a must for a fan like me this time!
So glad I stocked a ton of fuel (51 units now, I hope this will be enough)
"And thanks friend, see you again."
(see you on the battlefeel :lol: )

It just reminded me of how much I liked almost all of the music in the previous installments ...

I wish they would do a redux of all PS2 titles for the PS3 or even PS4, just like they did for the Hitman and Metal Gear Solid series.

Wishful thinking, yes.

I find it weird that they used "MALEBOLGE" instead of "Liberation of Gracemeria" for the Strigon emblem's MVP theme. Because "Liberation of Gracemeria" is more popular than "MALEBOLGE".

@ibnumgt1 they're probably saving Liberation for a Garuda emblem.

In TDM news; I caved in and decided to spend all my supplied on that game mode. Payout is very good. I have nothing being researched and got a total of ~30,000 per sortie (with a win and MVP). Co-op usually nets me ~20,000 being on the winning team; ~15,000 if I'm on the unfortunate side. With the elite merc contract this tourney could be very profitable!

A few tips; if you have the option to level up an aircraft or a special weapon have a look at how much the bars/Cst. and other stats increase. I levelled up my T-50 from 9 to 10 in the same lobby and everyone went after me on the second match because I must've been worth 5,000 pts or more :lol:.

I got like 22'000 pts for the tournament by getting an MVP title and a lot of money!
Around 6'000 pts for a 4th place.
I'm using a different strategy, instead of using parts to upgrade SP weapons I'm basically turning standard missiles into lethal warheads.
Damage M, Maneuverability M and Speed M. The Typhoon doesn't have many slots and I don't have L parts, the second one is not even in the aircraft tree yet.
This implies a full Air-to-air bar :P

Today I've done about 20 sorties and that's definitely enough for now. I took in the morning Elite Merc. and Add Inv.
contracts, earned about 800 000 credits, upgraded T-50 to level 7, F-15 PX to level 3 and Rafale to level 3.
Coop for standard challenges and TDM for first time.
In TDM matches highest score was about 30 000 and lowest 0(:bowdown:).
I think that you must be focused all the time to play deathmatch (and a little crazy:D), I'm about 300 in
rankings, if I stay in 1000 till tomorrow it'll be nice;).
Those in first ten must be complete maniacs, and rich of course:D.

I did my first TDM last night (Round and round, and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows!). Scored 10,000pts and will only ever do it again to replenish stocked fuel. However due to constantly disconnecting I didn't get to use all my fuel last night anyway.:grumpy:

Last edited:
That message "Failed to connect with the host" is sometimes driving me crazy:banghead:.
A couple of minutes ago in TDM, one player from my team kicked out at the start, it was
3 against 4 and I thought no chance for winning, but it tourned out that 3 of them were F-14:D and one
F-22 and for my T-50 they were easy targets, at the end 35 000 points and MVP:).
This sistem is very good. Just to sortie per day and 3 fuel tanks:tup:.

I did one TDM sortie yesterday. My Level-7 Zipang is not bad, but it is rather fragile and can get shot down with one missile when fighting against a level-10 T-50 or F-22.
So I decided to use my Su-47. OK, it needs some upgrading (at least to level 6) to allow me to compete, but it needs at least 2 missiles simultaneously to get shot down... Which means that I may use it later in TDM after some upgrading.

Anyway, I just did one TDM sortie (TDM just makes me feel bored) to replenish my 3 supplied fuel units, . The cooldown time is 6 hours, which means that I may fly a few more sorties this week-end and use a mercenary contract to get more credits... :D

Yeah I'm loving the TDM replenish supplied fuel challenge. It gave me a reason to try TDM (it sucks, my only good jet is an F-35 which has no special weapons suitable) but I can do 5-6 free sorties a night. Right now I'm $9k/1-sortie away from upgrading my F-35 to level 9. Afterwards, I'll be able to upgrade my 4AGM to level 3 (once I earn the cash of course), then continue along any/all research trees I can. I still haven't unlocked the fire extinguisher, and I think that Su-47 (aside from being OP in most lobbies) will make a great all-around jet for TDM and special raid missions against the airborne fleets (not that I've seen of those missions yet).

... I still haven't unlocked the fire extinguisher, and I think that Su-47 (aside from being OP in most lobbies) will make a great all-around jet for TDM and special raid missions against the airborne fleets (not that I've seen of those missions yet).
The Su-47 is an excellent multirole plane. However, you'll have to upgrade it to level 4 (as a minimum), since below that level its target lock-on is horribly sluggish and you just see all targets get blown before your eyes before your plane being able to lock on...
Besides this, it has plenty of slots to install parts.
I think I'm going to upgrade it a little more instead of trying to get to the F-22 or the T-50, as these are far away at the extreme ends of the research tree.

Project Aces have updated how much damage points a players plane are worth so if say you have a Level 10 MiG-29 going up against a player with a low level stealthie you'll probably have a pretty good chance at winning since their plane is worth more points per kill (at no performance disadvantage to you).

As for the Sukhoi's - yeah they're very good planes. If for any reason you don't want a T-50 the Su-37 is more than capable to hold it's own in TDM. Probably comparable to how the F-22 and Typhoon would match up against each other I'd imagine.

:lol: yeah the 'death from above' strategy doesn't last very long these days. Once you initiate it everyone just keeps on climbing until everybody starts stalling (which is where death from below suddenly becomes handy!).

People started to counteract these with just keeping the throttle wide open which made for very boring high-speed circle-jerking matches (nobody gets shot down, no missiles connect). Thank goodness for common sense and creativity trumping what the mainstream players are doing!

I need to start using my QAAMs. They're up to level 4 in my main account but the 4AAMs have always been one step ahead of them in terms of levels + they're usually more effective in co-op due to the number of targets we're trying to wipe out. I guess the few sorties I do for this TDM will be a nice test session for the new plane/sp.weapon combos I have!

EDIT #01: Just listened to this again:

So many feels :'). I might go for that Galm emblem after all...

EDIT #02: Searched Ace Combat Infinity forum on the internetz. GTPlanet shows up on page 5 with this:

View attachment 221413
3:33 a.m. here in NZ.

:sly: I wonder who said that

Anyway, I just did one TDM sortie (TDM just makes me feel bored) to replenish my 3 supplied fuel units, . The cooldown time is 6 hours
Are you sure? I checked the refresh time after I got the reward and it looked to be in line with the normal daily refresh time - about 5h30m left at 2:30pm, 8pm is when all the challenges refresh for me. Maybe I completed it right at 2pm?

For those interested it seems like the mobius1 F22A is going to be coming. As is the YF23

If a YF-23 was a decent performing Fighter with QAAM I'd be very keen to get it.

The Su-47 is an excellent multirole plane. However, you'll have to upgrade it to level 4 (as a minimum), since below that level its target lock-on is horribly sluggish and you just see all targets get blown before your eyes before your plane being able to lock on...
Besides this, it has plenty of slots to install parts.
I think I'm going to upgrade it a little more instead of trying to get to the F-22 or the T-50, as these are far away at the extreme ends of the research tree.

Yeah the parts slots are a huge bonus over the regular Fighters, I'd love to have a Fighter and an Attacker with 32+ weapons parts slots.

the refresh time of the new fuel challenge is at 2 AM central european time
Anyway, If I play 9 times/day (no stocked fuel used), for now, of course, I should be able to keep a spot on top 3'000.
Currently on 1062.

My end game is drawing near!

I could be wrong so keep your hopes in check. I can't find where I saw the YF at. At worst it'll maybe be in the next batch of planes since we're still missing the MiG-31, SU-27(?), YF23, and the butter fly mastrrs plane (thats a long shot though lol)

Are you sure? I checked the refresh time after I got the reward and it looked to be in line with the normal daily refresh time - about 5h30m left at 2:30pm, 8pm is when all the challenges refresh for me. Maybe I completed it right at 2pm?

the refresh time of the new fuel challenge is at 2 AM central european time
Anyway, If I play 9 times/day (no stocked fuel used), for now, of course, I should be able to keep a spot on top 3'000.
Currently on 1062.

Oh oh... I thought I had seen a 5 or 6 hours cooldown time. Too good to be true then...
I may have not read correctly. I'll check this tonight.

Just did a few rounds of TDM using a level 2 MiG-29 Fulcrum. Surprisingly, I'm the 6900th in the rankings since the last time I checked. :D

And also I managed to shoot down a F-22A 2 times. Well, this MiG-29 sure is powerful. :scared:

Good news everyone! I signed in today, had to accept the user agreement again, but they've changed TDM to count towards more challenges like "Sortie 3 Times" and "Sortie 6 times in 48hrs". My F-35 also reached level 9, I did 3 TDM tonight, got MVP in each one which was worth just north of $20k each time. I also had a SHR I mission, so I earned quite a lot of moolah tonight. They're also giving everyone 4 stocked fuels (3 for 1.5m downloads and 1 for a glitch apology). Apparently it's possible to get $1.5million in a random drop at the moment as well, I bet I never see it. As matter of fact, I haven't seen the Pixy F-15 yet either!

My F-35 really is lethal now, and I do mean lethal!
original.0

Today I scored a very little amount of points during 7 sorties, managed at least to keep my top 1400 position.
Totally destroyed by a bunch of high skilled pilots with F-22s with QAAM/4AAM, one of them was circle jerking, earing the nickname of 'Idiotm@ster'.
Had to do a little bit of seal clubbing, luckly the team was balanced, so I did not feel ashamed at the end.
No 1mln credit drop yet, no Pixy (got 4 times the Gripen skin), most of the time in the "very bad" losing team, and for some reasons I'm almost always the number one prey of everyone.
I can't dodge all the missiles, and I can't score points while defending myself, so I get shot down most of the time as I'm an aggressive type of player.
No stocked fuel used yet, 58 units should be more than enough to keep me on the top 1000 spot, let's see how it goes!

I'm around 700 place in DM, I hope to be in 1000 at the end. My T-50 is level 7 and research is
98,6 %, I've hoped to see how much will cost to upgrade to level 8 but it was enough playing
for today:D. F-15 Pixy is about 350 000 to level 4, and I hope to get free 5 to 6 level and spare
credits for it:).

I'm around 700 place in DM, I hope to be in 1000 at the end. My T-50 is level 7 and research is
98,6 %, I've hoped to see how much will cost to upgrade to level 8 but it was enough playing
for today:D. F-15 Pixy is about 350 000 to level 4, and I hope to get free 5 to 6 level and spare
credits for it:).
http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
You can see how many credits you need from here, just look for the plane you need.
I need more slot spaces and a high level top-top tier aircraft...I do have a ready lvl 2 T50, but the Su-47 (need first to buy the fullback) and the F-22 (not enough money yet) are more interesting because of QAAMs since the beginning.
For future DTMs of course, no hope to get on high level with those for now, a wise strategy is upgrading my Typhoon at level 8 and hopefully 9 during the tournament.

Back