Age Of Empires III thread

My girlfriend is on the 3rd stage of the Campaign mode. I believe its the last stage. I cant help but watch her the entire time. The ship battles and the cannons shooting people across the room is so much fun to watch!!! Each cannon blast takes chunks off of houses, walls, cuts trees down.
Anyone else played this yet? I played for several hours and its a great game so far. 👍
I have all the settings available for the best graphics and it runs great on our PC.

I would love to get the game, but my desktop isn't good enough to play it. I guess I need to upgrade the desktop.

I have kept my eye on this game for quite a while, it was meant to be released in Australia today but i heard rumors that it was beeing delayed til November 11th or something....

I probably wont get it untill i have finished school for the year, it will distract me too much especially when i am meant to be revising for exams in the upcoming weeks :(

I have never seen my girlfriend so addicted to a game. She plays AOE3 ever single day every chance she gets online. I sit playing Far cry: Instincts and watch her blasting people with cannons and ships. :lol: When shes not around I play it. 👍

Finally had a chance to play this with Heather over the weekend. Got my temporary video card in and she played on her PC and I played on mine. We played on the same team against 2 computer AI. I cant believe how fun this game is!!!! If you like Red alert 2 or Yuris revenge then you need to buy this game! We spent the majority of our weekend playing this together. First weekend in months that I had a chance to relax. I took many screen shots with the temp vid card so if I ever get another chance I will post some pics. In one of the games I had over 29 organ guns! Each organ gun shoots 6 cannons. :dopey: :dopey: Yeah so simple math shows that 174 cannons were shooting at the enemy. :lol:
We tried to play against 3 computer enemies but we got owned.

CAMAROBOY69
Finally had a chance to play this with Heather over the weekend. Got my temporary video card in and she played on her PC and I played on mine. We played on the same team against 2 computer AI. I cant believe how fun this game is!!!! If you like Red alert 2 or Yuris revenge then you need to buy this game! We spent the majority of our weekend playing this together. First weekend in months that I had a chance to relax. I took many screen shots with the temp vid card so if I ever get another chance I will post some pics. In one of the games I had over 29 organ guns! Each organ gun shoots 6 cannons. :dopey: :dopey: Yeah so simple math shows that 174 cannons were shooting at the enemy. :lol:
We tried to play against 3 computer enemies but we got owned.

You guys really need to get online and play against some humans! I've been playing alot with a friend from work and we have a small clan started. My handle for AOE III is RomperStomper. If you guys would like to 2vs2 against me and my friend, or join up in our clan or buddies list, that would be cool to add to the pool of players I know when online. Just PM me or catch me on the AOE II Server.👍

CFM
You guys really need to get online and play against some humans! I've been playing alot with a friend from work and we have a small clan started. My handle for AOE III is RomperStomper. If you guys would like to 2vs2 against me and my friend, or join up in our clan or buddies list, that would be cool to add to the pool of players I know when online. Just PM me or catch me on the AOE II Server.👍
Heather played this game almost every single day online against real people. We just have so much fun against the PC. We can set it up with as many guys as we want and we can make it as hard or easy as we want. I dont have enough experience and I will get owned if I go online.

CAMAROBOY69
Heather played this game almost every single day online against real people. We just have so much fun against the PC. We can set it up with as many guys as we want and we can make it as hard or easy as we want. I dont have enough experience and I will get owned if I go online.

I get owned all the time, no big whoop.:sly: If you change your mind let me know. We just play for fun.:)

CFM
I get owned all the time, no big whoop.:sly: If you change your mind let me know. We just play for fun.:)
Yeah I will keep you in mind for sure. It would be fun to play with someone we know. I wont have my PC back until monday but if it works well I will keep you in mind. 👍
We play Yuris revenge with her brother and brother in law once in a while too. We will probably do that this weekend with the spare computer we have since its slower and cant run AOE3.

Did any of you know that there is a really good map maker in this game!!!?? There are thousands and thousands of items that can be placed into any map you make!

I cant believe I dont have any screenshots in here from the game. I have quite a few and really need to get them posted. I thought for sure I posted them but I guess not. I will also mess with the mapmaker this weekend.

Well I did it the long hard way but I set up a web page with the pics from AOE3. They are all in 1280x1040 but set up as thumbnails for easy clicking.
There are 2 pages so far. Each page has 25 pics. Please let me know if you like how this is set up otherwise I will probably try to host thru imageshack again.
Age of Empires 3 screen shots (50 pics)

screen4.jpg

screen39.jpg

Did the pics on those web pages load up quickly or do they take a little while? I could make them smaller or put less pics on the page. Do you prefer a web page set up or imageshack thumbnails?

Thank you GTR. THey seem to load slower on my PC at work compared to other pics I look at. I wonder how I can get them to load faster?

Well I figured out why it loads slow but I dont know how to fix it. My thumbnails are the same size as my full size pics. 464367bytes 125x100. Thats why it loads soo slow. Any advice on how to make the thumbnails smaller in size? Mabey this is a question for the programing section of this site.

With the help of a few friends I found the other problem.
I need to delete these two lines from my pages.
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache">
Then make a thumbnail of every pic I want to put on my pages. Whew that will be a lot of work but worth it in the end.

I finally found my favorite civilization in this game!! The British. They are so awesome and have everything I like. They also pop out a villager with each house you build. The best part about them is the fact that they have ROCKETS!!! THe rockets come out of your factory and those things are awesome!! British also have grenaders. :sly:
I forgot who Heather is using right now but she likes her civilization too. We have been trying different ones lately.

Nice screenshots. The game is fun. I need to get back into it. I was stuck on the mission where I had to defend temples I think.

Viper_Maniac
Nice screenshots. The game is fun. I need to get back into it. I was stuck on the mission where I had to defend temples I think.
I have never played the single player of this game. Heather beat the entire game but told me its a lot more fun online so I never tried the single player. I am still loving the British civilization. Heather and I usually play against 3 AI together and last night we had the most points I have ever seen so far. We were over 1,000 in one game. The AI was only around 500. Brutal battles lately. I need to get some screen shots of these rockets in action. :dopey: 👍

Lemme know when you guys are online so I can play with you.

I've been playing AOE3 for quite a few months now and have a good grip on the game, but I've never played online.
For some reason I always had a problem with connecting but now the problem seems to be solved.

I'd rather play with some people that I'm familiar with at first so I can get the feel for this online play. The online mode seems to overwhelm me right now.

I'm scared. ;)

Online name: boombexus

Hey CFM I've added you to my friends list. I'll keep my eye out for you.

boombexus
Lemme know when you guys are online so I can play with you.

I've been playing AOE3 for quite a few months now and have a good grip on the game, but I've never played online.
For some reason I always had a problem with connecting but now the problem seems to be solved.

I'd rather play with some people that I'm familiar with at first so I can get the feel for this online play. The online mode seems to overwhelm me right now.

I'm scared. ;)

Online name: boombexus

Hey CFM I've added you to my friends list. I'll keep my eye out for you.
We try to play this game several times a week when we get the chance. However when heather and I play together we play against the AI. We never play online against any real people together. Heather plays online once in a while but I never have. I just have fun playing with her against a few AI. I cant believe how awesome the British are. Those rockets just destroy everything!! 👍

I played my first online game last night. Oddly enough it was against a guy who lives here in Colorado. What are the chances of that!

Needless to say, I got severly ownt. :(
He was British and I was also British. He had rockets, and well, I didn't. Once I get my home city up a few more levels, this should get a bit easier.

Heather and I have started over several times after we have hit level 30+ Then we pick new guys and get all the way to level 30 again and pick the next set of guys. I will definetly be keeping British for quite a while. I forgot who heather is using but she likes her civilization a lot too. One of these days I will try and get more screen shots up. I dont have any posted of my British civilization. At one point last night I had over 13 rockets and over 30-40 grenaders. There were villagers and soldiers flying everywhere. :lol:
Sounds so awesome in surround sound too.

Back