AJNS73's 0/0/0 Cars (Current OCD & Others) -- Closed Until GT6

• Thread starter ajns73
  • 1,570 comments
And the one car I needed the Axela is the same colour as yours is >.< I hope I got the red LMS though,I'd buy that.

For the short list of those that care, over the past few weeks I have been mulling the idea of ending my GT5 trading. Actually, I have been considering ending my involvement with GT5 altogether. In a step to test whether my feelings are true and I can be committed to walking away until at least GT6, I am closing my trading thread temporarily. It has not been receiving much attention the last 2 months anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a hardship for me to drop it. If this goes well, I will probably put my GT5 disc in its case and stick it in the "play again someday...maybe" box and purchase a copy of Sniper Elite v2. We'll see how this trial separation goes. :)

So have I my friend..found myself playing other racers lately, all good things come to an end I guess,and ocd's lately have been marred with disappointment.

Is the item limit out of control? Thats really the only thing that discourages me. Good luck, I invested too much money into my setup to ever totally quit. :lol:

Yes mate the day come,s when you feel its time to drive no more in the virtual world of GT5 and wait for that day to come when GT6 will forfil our dreams and get the juice,s flowing in excitment to drive, collect and chase the all conquering garage.:D
Been fun trading mate. Lets hope they have something round the corner before too long.
Chat soon bye for now.:)

So have I my friend..found myself playing other racers lately, all good things come to an end I guess,and ocd's lately have been marred with disappointment.

It started for me when ch1p got out and then shortly after you posted somewhere that you were probably going to stop soon as well. All the guys I started trading with at the beginning (Supra, Han, and some others) have already largely disappeared. Much of the trading I did was for the social interaction with like-minded individuals. Without that I am having a hard time staying motivated. I have 1 untradeable car to get (GTR Concept) and I will have fulfilled my primary goal of 100% garage. I need to sit down 1 day and advance my UCD about 300 days to get it. After that, I will really have to be motivated to try for 100% color garage as I only have about 16% now. I was going to make a real effort at it, but I can't see it happening. Sniper Elite was one of my favorite games ever and it is time consuming if you play right. Now that there is a new version for the PS3, I don't think Ican resist the call. :)

Is the item limit out of control? Thats really the only thing that discourages me. Good luck, I invested too much money into my setup to ever totally quit. :lol:

I'm not completely out yet. I figured if I closed the thread and just stopped completely (sort of like trying to quit smoking cold turkey, which has never worked for me), if I was really done, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Who knows though, a week of this and I may feel the itch and jump right back in. We'll see.

Yes mate the day come,s when you feel its time to drive no more in the virtual world of GT5 and wait for that day to come when GT6 will forfil our dreams and get the juice,s flowing in excitment to drive, collect and chase the all conquering garage.:D
Been fun trading mate. Lets hope they have something round the corner before too long.
Chat soon bye for now.:)

One thing is for sure, I have learned volumes about trading from folks like you, ch1p, Hoodfield, Rob, and others. For a guy who only played the other GTs as racers, trading opened up a whole new world to me. And as I said above, the social interaction with you all has been phenomenal. When we get to GT6, I will be much better prepared to trade and hopefully will have a ready set of partners in you so I cn be more successful. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

When we get to GT6, I will be much better prepared to trade and hopefully will have a ready set of partners in you so I cn be more successful. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Likewise,though I've already started on the 100% colour garage,and have many tickets to play ping pong with.👍

Yes hopefully mate your just parking up at the side of the road and taking a time out.
But at least when 6 come,s along we will be waiting in the wings.:D
Have fun with the new game.
Chat soon mate bye for now but not forgotten.:)

Likewise,though I've already started on the 100% colour garage,and have many tickets to play ping pong with.👍

I started with just trying to get the cars regardless of condition. By that standard I have about half of the non-NCD cars. 0/0/0 I have only 16%. So, I guess it is conceivable that I could get all colors if I don't try to get them 0/0/0, but with 3 accounts (Which I think you really need to make a run at it), that's a lot of A-Spec racing to get credits or a lot of wear and tear on the PS3 for grinding. I just don't know if I have it in me. Plus thee time element goes up as you get to the end of the road and the cars get harder to come by. The last 2 months I went on sheer will. We'll see in a few days how I feel.

I'm about there too,I tried to quit 2 months ago but I'm still here..for now,I have about 4 accounts if I recall,yes it's time consuming but to be honest I can't remember when I last did an A-spec race(besides the seasonal's to win the zero ticket). I just run the grinder for the guys now and trade.

When we get to GT6, I will be much better prepared to trade and hopefully will have a ready set of partners in you so I cn be more successful. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

We're gonna kill that sh:censored:!

I figured if I closed the thread and just stopped completely (sort of like trying to quit smoking cold turkey, which has never worked for me), if I was really done, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I used Zyban, been 4 years, tried patches, gum, and everything else beforehand.

it will be a shame to see you go mate. i completley agree with all the points you make but i just cant seem to put the disc back in its box for long.
i used to play maybe 3 or 4 games at a time before gt5 now its only gt5 with a little bit of battlefield 3 in the mix occaisionaly. was running 3 accounts but now running a fourth to grind some green tickets....they are the new 0/0/0:idea:....the time just seems to be getting eaten up with gt5.
i dont know if i will be playing this right up to gt6 but we will just need to wait and see. anyhow you take care mate and hope you come back soon...sure gonna miss your humour 👍

I used Zyban, been 4 years, tried patches, gum, and everything else beforehand.

I used Chantix last time and I quit in 3 days. Smoke-free for 8 months and I got in to a car accident (spun my Taurus 180 degrees coming off an exit ramp in a summer downpour). Picked them right back up. Right now my blood pressure is too high for them to prescribe it, so my wife and I have been running every night, so they will next time I go in. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

ajns73
I used Chantix last time and I quit in 3 days. Smoke-free for 8 months and I got in to a car accident (spun my Taurus 180 degrees coming off an exit ramp in a summer downpour). Picked them right back up. Right now my blood pressure is too high for them to prescribe it, so my wife and I have been running every night, so they will next time I go in. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Good man, running is the best exercise you can do. if you manage to not cheat at all after about a year you get to the point where you wouldn't be able to live with the guilt of going back, hopefully you can get there. I do smoke a cigar every now and than though.

it will be a shame to see you go mate. i completley agree with all the points you make but i just cant seem to put the disc back in its box for long.
i used to play maybe 3 or 4 games at a time before gt5 now its only gt5 with a little bit of battlefield 3 in the mix occaisionaly. was running 3 accounts but now running a fourth to grind some green tickets....they are the new 0/0/0:idea:....the time just seems to be getting eaten up with gt5.
i dont know if i will be playing this right up to gt6 but we will just need to wait and see. anyhow you take care mate and hope you come back soon...sure gonna miss your humour 👍

Green tickets is how I got started trading. I started the second account to help with acquiring credits and cars and I did all the license tests a second time. My first thread title was "Green Tickets." At the time, not too many knew the difference between a green, blue, and white ticket, so traders jumped on them. I'll be honest, although it was a great marketing ploy for me to get started, I can fathom why someone would want a green ticket over a regular 0/0/0. Well, that's a lie. I do know one reason. But except for that, the colors are too hard to tell apart from the chip on the green ticket for it to be of value as a green ticket. The one thing it provides is complete assurance that the car hasn't been tampered with in any way.

The one thing it provides is complete assurance that the car hasn't been tampered with in any way.

this hits the nail on the head. while i will not try to complete the green tickets i will try to get a few ticket sets. but while the obvious different colours are easy i admit there are some bad buggers out there. audi quattro 82 helios and lhasa spring to mind...trying to source helios but its proving hard.

hey if i start my very own green ticket thread do you think it might intice you out. of retirement :sly:

this hits the nail on the head. while i will not try to complete the green tickets i will try to get a few ticket sets. but while the obvious different colours are easy i admit there are some bad buggers out there. audi quattro 82 helios and lhasa spring to mind...trying to source helios but its proving hard.

hey if i start my very own green ticket thread do you think it might intice you out. of retirement :sly:

No, but good luck with that endeavor. Unless PD decides to start gifting cars instead of Lvl tickets, Green Ticket sets are going to be a challenge. It's funny how things come full circle. Back when I started Green Tickets were popular because they were a novelty. Then they went away for a while and not many people traded them. Now, they are back again as an insurance policy.

Hi mate.

Sorry to see another great trader 'park up' in the GT5 parking lot. Sure has a lot of great guys in it.

Have thought about the amount of time I spend on trading but am still in regular contact with a few of the guys I started trading with so makes it worthwhile for me.

Hope you manage to kick the habit soon mate. I have gradually been gaining weight and blood pressure as I have gotten older. Have recently taken up a sport I did when I was younger which requires much self control and committed to dropping some kilos. So far so good but this self control lark is a bit of a challenge after all these years.:)

Cheers mate.:)

oldbloke007
hi mate.

Sorry to see another great trader 'park up' in the gt5 parking lot. Sure has a lot of great guys in it.

Have thought about the amount of time i spend on trading but am still in regular contact with a few of the guys i started trading with so makes it worthwhile for me.

Hope you manage to kick the habit soon mate. I have gradually been gaining weight and blood pressure as i have gotten older. Have recently taken up a sport i did when i was younger which requires much self control and committed to dropping some kilos. So far so good but this self control lark is a bit of a challenge after all these years.:)

cheers mate.:)

+1

Hi mate.

Sorry to see another great trader 'park up' in the GT5 parking lot. Sure has a lot of great guys in it.

Have thought about the amount of time I spend on trading but am still in regular contact with a few of the guys I started trading with so makes it worthwhile for me.

Hope you manage to kick the habit soon mate. I have gradually been gaining weight and blood pressure as I have gotten older. Have recently taken up a sport I did when I was younger which requires much self control and committed to dropping some kilos. So far so good but this self control lark is a bit of a challenge after all these years.:)

Cheers mate.:)

We'll see how long retirement lasts. For now it's more of a furlough or a leave of absence.

As for the health kick, I can use all the luck I can get. I definitely think it was harder to get over the mental hump of getting started than it is to put in the physical work. I also have the added benefit of having a sexy young partner to run with, so my motivation stays high. :) Good luck with it. Dropping weight and lowering blood pressure is always a good thing regardless of age. The older we gt the better of an idea it becomes. Isn't amazing how when we were young we never thought we'd be this way and yet here we are. Yet another thing I was wrong about it my youth. :)

I say we all go fishing.

Easy for you to say, you actually got to the promised land. I can't imagine the hell it would be to have to stand next to you on a river bank and listen to you keep asking me how many cars short I was. :) Of course, I would bear up fine on the outside because I am an oak. :)

Joking aside, if anything gets me itchy again, it would probably that very thing: feeling like I gave up on the ultimate goal. I will definitely get to 100% garage, which is the real goal I had when I started trading. All this 0/0/0 nonsense and every color stuff came from others from whom I was infected (I won't name names, but one ch1potle and the other is duck. Damn you both!). Once it is in thee blood though, it is hard to shake.

Back