Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
yes, they are still taking forever. I ordered my GT2 on march 17th. It says incoming pre orders will be delivered in may. I emailed fanatec and ask when in may. I got a response back saying end of may. So hopefully that is a worse case scenario. I was hoping for the beginning of may. then it would only be a couple of weeks away. Now its a couple of weeks and a month away.

Yeah I can't wait that long personally. Decided I'm keeping my t500rs. I'm just going to have to postphone getting the fanatec for now. I'm extremely disappointed in this fiasco I might have to lower my standards & get a used Microsoft wheel :yuck: for the 360.

How does one request a refund from fanatec? I mean, do I just email their US address?

I might just try and rearrange my order though.... But still need to know bout the refund just in case

[pm sent Kasey]

Last edited:
@sandbox,

Just send them an email with your order number and request to cancel and get a refund. They will oblige. They would rather have you cancel so it's one less order/worry for them in the near future, instead of trying to plead with you to not cancel like any company that cares for business would.

And DO NOT break down and get a used MS wheel. I refuse to even think of that. Grant you, I have my GT2. BUT, I purchased one in 11/09 for $78.99 new off of amazon. It is ok, but nothing compared to Fanatec. I disliked it so much b/c it felt fake to me that I sold it about 2 months after getting it. And it only has 270 degrees of rotation with no adjustments.

@Jeff,

from what I get out of it, when this shipment comes, they should be in stock for a while. BUT, I cannot say this for fact. Most of us are now waiting on the clubsport shifter.......

@Jeff,

from what I get out of it, when this shipment comes, they should be in stock for a while. BUT, I cannot say this for fact. Most of us are now waiting on the clubsport shifter.......

Thanks for the heads up. I currently already have a DFGT and should have a G27 when Logitech gets them back in stock in May. So Im in no hurry, but sooner would definitely be better still. I'd like to finish up FM3 before picking up FM4 if possible. Just can't bare to play racing games with a pad anymore, and the MS wheel was horrible.

@Jeffkill

Darn! And it would be even worse for me because I would be buying it used (microsoft discontinued these wheels so no buying it new). I for sure don't want a mad catz MC2 (no FFB) :yuck:

Fanatec got the xbox market cornered tight. Ask me xbox does not deserve a fun racer like Forza! Only one suitable wheel for a fanatical sim racer on that platform (GT2!)

As stated in a few posts prior, I tell you my feelings towards that wheel, LOL. This is how I look at it. If you care about your online gaming as "just a game", then sure, get the madcatz or MS wheel. But, if your racing means more than that you you, which it most certainly does for me. Nothing less than Fanatec/Logitech will do.

The GT2 is far superior to most higher priced wheels. I am considering a Thomas Super Wheel, but am hesitant due to its lack of adjust-ability. I would love to be able to put a different wheel on my GT2 housing, and still have the adjust-ability. What I want is an authentic race wheel on it. Don't get me wrong, the wheel is great, but I want to feel like I am driving a stock car.

I am American, sorry, I love oval racing. Been a NASCAR fan since I came out of the womb in '86. Other than that, the wheel is more than what I expected out of a gaming wheel.

@sandbox, yes microsoft and turn10(the MS wheel manufacturer) are missing out big time on this market. And, I am not sure they even realize it. If they could make a similar MS wheel with a clutch pedal and 6-spd shifter for about $150, they would steal the market for the 360. A lot of people I have chatted with are furious over the matter, and cannot afford to go down the Fanatec route. And, well let's not kid ourselves, MadCatz is for your 5 year old, not any avid racer...

sad thing is a gt3rs + 6spd shifter + clubsport pedals + gt2rs is just a little bit over what I paid for my t500rs. ugh... I never really thought about how much money I spent on this wheel til now. I mean, hell a fanatec customer could have a lot of products for the kind of money I spent....

@AGP500 thanks I've been going back through some of your posts. Very helpful

edit --> Interesting Fanatec website now indicates late May for gt2 orders like we've already found out

Last edited:
@Jeffkill

Darn! And it would be even worse for me because I would be buying it used (microsoft discontinued these wheels so no buying it new). I for sure don't want a mad catz MC2 (no FFB) :yuck:

Fanatec got the xbox market cornered tight. Ask me xbox does not deserve a fun racer like Forza! Only one suitable wheel for a fanatical sim racer on that platform (GT2!)

Just placed my order for the GT2. May God be with me :scared:

Its worth the wait man. I have used mine virtually every day since I set it up in early January. You should also think about getting the Clubsport pedals.

Will definitely pick up the CS pedals some time down the road. For now I'll have to settle for using the G27 pedals though. Looking forward to getting the wheel, and stoked that I wont have to play FM4 with a controller now.

Will definitely pick up the CS pedals some time down the road. For now I'll have to settle for using the G27 pedals though. Looking forward to getting the wheel, and stoked that I wont have to play FM4 with a controller now.

Nice choice - Welcome to the Fanatec club! :cool:

I used G25 pedals with my Fanatec PWTS for the last year or so and recently upgraded to CS pedals. The G25/27 pedals work great but definitely save up for CS pedals :sly:

Nice choice - Welcome to the Fanatec club! :cool:

I used G25 pedals with my Fanatec PWTS for the last year or so and recently upgraded to CS pedals. The G25/27 pedals work great but definitely save up for CS pedals :sly:

Absolutely. 👍

I did the same, and the CSP's just blow them away. The load cell brake makes all the difference (in GT5 especially, for some reason).

For whatever reason, the load cell works flawlessly with GT5. Works better than with any of my other console titles. It almost feels like you're cheating.

;)

Just placed my order for the GT2. May God be with me :scared:

Good luck man! I've been waiting on my order since March 13th now :indiff:

To Fanatec's credit, they always gave the May prediction for the GT2 however I hoped it would ship earlier. After all, I noticed some people were getting their GT2s. Then I figured out all those folks that were getting new GT2s lived in the UK :grumpy: (gt2 not backordered there)

Question: Btw Fanatec owners, is there no d-pad on the GT2 wheel? How do you guys traverse menus ingame?

Sandboxgod - the d-pad is at the bottom of the steering when by the select start button. You can navigate your way around with the wheel without having to need a controller. Just no Playstation button.

I finally got my GT3. Coming from a DFP I can't complain since it's dramatically better in every way. The only thing is there's a notchy feeling when turning slowly which kind of breaks the immersion. Otherwise it's wonderfully smooth. I guess I'm also a little disappointed in the paddle shifters for what is supposed to a mid-level wheel. Loose buttons with no tactile feel at all. With the aluminum paddles on I feel like I'm going to break the internals if I press them too hard.

Also, is there a way to disable the rim vibration when the accelerator is pressed? I find it distracting and not very realistic with stock street cars.

I finally got my GT3. Coming from a DFP I can't complain since it's dramatically better in every way. The only thing is there's a notchy feeling when turning slowly which kind of breaks the immersion. Otherwise it's wonderfully smooth.

Also, is there a way to disable the rim vibration when the accelerator is pressed? I find it distracting and not very realistic with stock street cars.

It shouldn't feel notchy. All the GT3's I tested were smooth as silk. Can you make a vid showing the wheel movement?

To change that setting go into your settings (on wheel) and press left until you see the "SHO" icon. Turn it all the way down to disable this feature. It's off on all 5 of my wheel settings, as I find it incredibly unrealistic and distracting.

;)

It shouldn't feel notchy. All the GT3's I tested were smooth as silk. Can you make a vid showing the wheel movement?

To change that setting go into your settings (on wheel) and press left until you see the "SHO" icon. Turn it all the way down to disable this feature. It's off on all 5 of my wheel settings, as I find it incredibly unrealistic and distracting.

;)

I'm not sure a video would show what I feel in the wheel. When turning very slowly it feels, I don't know, bumpy. Faster turns are smooth.

I'm not sure a video would show what I feel in the wheel. When turning very slowly it feels, I don't know, bumpy. Faster turns are smooth.

If you put one finger on the wheel and lightly turn it, you should see sudden jumps in movement where you pass over the "bumpy" areas. This indicates "bumps" or "misalignment" issues.

If that's the case, you may want to contact Fanatec and see what they think. If it's just a small barely noticeable problem, you might just want to keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, make a video and send it in.

;)

Hello all....as you can tell Im new here...Stumbled across this website looking for reviews/comments on the Fanatec race wheel and after reading this thread it seems there is some back order issues?? I live in the States so Im assuming if I want one before FM4 arrives I need to get myself in gear???

Great site BTW...By just a quick glance seems this place has alot of info

If you put one finger on the wheel and lightly turn it, you should see sudden jumps in movement where you pass over the "bumpy" areas. This indicates "bumps" or "misalignment" issues.

If that's the case, you may want to contact Fanatec and see what they think. If it's just a small barely noticeable problem, you might just want to keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, make a video and send it in.

;)

Could weak FF effects also be a symptom of misalignment? In Dirt 2, with all effects maxed in-game and on the wheel I barely feel anything, whereas I can barely keep a hold of my DFP. Same with Race '07 which really gives me a workout with the DFP.

Hello all....as you can tell Im new here...Stumbled across this website looking for reviews/comments on the Fanatec race wheel and after reading this thread it seems there is some back order issues?? I live in the States so Im assuming if I want one before FM4 arrives I need to get myself in gear???

Great site BTW...By just a quick glance seems this place has alot of info

Yes, if you decide you want one I would order now. It is likely the next shipment after May could be as late as October if the past is anything to go on? Or maybe never? You just cannot tell with Fanatec.

Could weak FF effects also be a symptom of misalignment? In Dirt 2, with all effects maxed in-game and on the wheel I barely feel anything, whereas I can barely keep a hold of my DFP. Same with Race '07 which really gives me a workout with the DFP.

The FFB is far stronger with a Fanatec then the DFP. So, I would check that. You may have a faulty wheel. As stated above, a good idea is to make a video explaining the problem, and send it to Fanatec.

I play Race 07 (especially since all the wonderful updates), and I have strong FFB.

;)

Great wheel, everything how I would like...
Drift mode setting 5 stops slow wheel rotation speed being an issue to me.

NO problems with this wheel at all, WOULD DEFINITELY recommend.

Wish I had more cash for a GT2 and Clubsports ;)

The FFB is far stronger with a Fanatec then the DFP. So, I would check that. You may have a faulty wheel. As stated above, a good idea is to make a video explaining the problem, and send it to Fanatec.

I play Race 07 (especially since all the wonderful updates), and I have strong FFB.

;)

Thanks a lot for the help. I hope it's just a software setting I've missed as I don't think I could stand waiting another 2+ weeks for a replacement.

Yes, if you decide you want one I would order now. It is likely the next shipment after May could be as late as October if the past is anything to go on? Or maybe never? You just cannot tell with Fanatec.
Are you saying that Fanatec is "sketchy"??.....Do they take your money BEFORE you are sent the wheel??....Some insite would be great on this

I have had the same exact issue as sintek. I just sent fanatec with a video hopefully they will fix.

I just received the wheel about 4 weeks ago. It worked beautifully then yesterday something happened. I only play gt5 but the spring function not longer works, the force feedback is now very week and the issue that sintek has. The wheel also startsup much slower than it used to.

Hell its still better than dfgt with these problems but I need it back to the way it was.

Back