Assassin's Creed: Unity - Out in 28th October, 2014

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 156 comments
Ubisoft slammed for excluding playable females in 'Assassin's Creed Unity'

Bp4bYL-IIAABAXJ.jpg

They should already know with as much research they put into their games. But it's just absurd that at least one female assassin character isn't included. They had them in previous games with MP. They have female NPCs. I just don't understand the lack motivation to make the game attractive for female players and historians alike.

They should already know with as much research they put into their games. But it's just absurd that at least one female assassin character isn't included. They had them in previous games with MP. They have female NPCs. I just don't understand the lack motivation to make the game attractive for female players and historians alike.

They're just ignorant, heck they had least 2-3 years to make this game.

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to seeing Napoleon's uprising.

They're just ignorant, heck they had least 2-3 years to make this game....

Exactly. But, I'm still excited though. I'm just going to be upset during every hour of playing.

"Damn this is so awesome!!! It'd be better if it was more accurate and Ubisoft wasn't sexiest. But still awesome."

Last edited:
Exactly. But, I'm still excited though. I'm just going to be upset during every hour of playing.

"Damn this is so awesome!!! It'd be better if it was more accurate and Ubisoft wasn't sexiest. But still awesome."

At least they aren't going to add any competitive multi-player this time. This game shall be my 2nd AC game, right after ACIII on the PS3.

Looking forward to the co-op mode! :)

There is a new animated trailer: Rob Zombie's French Revolution

I opted not to place the trailer here, as it is pretty graphic and gory. Youtube it.

A Swiss retailer has reportedly published a release date of 28 October for an AC game sub-titled "Rogue", which is suspected to be "Comet" under a new game.

Wow...i wish i was 15 again so i could enjoy this game as a non adult/parent without any responsibilities...

Dirty Paris have never looked so good! Easily the best AC, ubisoft really up their game... drools

Awesome. I'm still a bit unsure about the setting, though - it's very similar to AC3, and my problem with AC3 was that I felt like I was in a time period that I should have been familiar with from my time in history class at school, but I never learned anything about the American revolution because I'm not American.

Always come away very impressed watching these Unity vids.

Only niggle is the amount of English accents. I expect some English to be there in France of course but have they decided not to include French accents?

I think there will be an option for French dialog with English subtitles. I know that since AC2 you could alter the language to suit the land.

One big news: Microtransactions are in Unity! Here is Sickboy to explain why that is a bad idea for both the franchise and to gaming in general:

I might just switch to French with English subtitles but playing a game I'd prefer not to.

I'd like to have French people speak English with a natural accent. I understand how English/British has been used to give that old world feel, more so in old fantasy settings. Playing in a more relatively recent Paris, I expect to hear French sounding people, whether it be French or French sounding. I don't laugh when I hear French people speaking English in life or when watching films.

Be interesting to hear what Americans would want but I find all these various strong British regional accents etc odd in France. French sounding people in English seems the best solution for English speaking people.

The original game explained the accent issue by saying that the Animus automatically translated speech into the user's native language.

The original game explained the accent issue by saying that the Animus automatically translated speech into the user's native language.

So why does Ezio have a Italian accent as do others in the game, where's my Dorset sounding Ezio?. I wouldn't put much into the Animus thing.

While searching before, I read one of the Unity creators say they went English because it brings an old feel, no mention of Animus. Secondly I read that after AC1 most or all the games have had accents in spoken in English which has stopped for Unity and Animus in AC1 translates the language only.

EDIT:

AC Liberation has French accents in English

Last edited:
So why does Ezio have a Italian accent as do others in the game, where's my Dorset sounding Ezio?. I wouldn't put much into the Animus thing.

While searching before, I read one of the Unity creators say they went English because it brings an old feel, no mention of Animus. Secondly I read that after AC1 most or all the games have had accents in spoken in English which has stopped for Unity and Animus in AC1 translates the language only.

EDIT:

AC Liberation has French accents in English
Story wise, it is still a feature of the animus to translate the language to the person's native language, it shouldn't even need mentioning at this point. It makes it easy, design wise, for the player to understand what is being said.

That being said, I did take some French in high school, and I can tell you that I would speak what little that I know in the accents that was there. Hell, given enough practice, I could have passed, vocally, for the assassination target in the Gamescom video given my physique. Just because it wasn't exaggerated doesn't mean that it isn't there.

Story wise, it is still a feature of the animus to translate the language to the person's native language, it shouldn't even need mentioning at this point. It makes it easy, design wise, for the player to understand what is being said.

Yes, the language. I even said it in my post how the animus translates the language.

If you forgot to imply the animus also provides the accent then what are you saying? AC1 the animus didn't bother then AC II the animus decided to start using non English accents for English language? And so forth till Unity where the animus decides to stop and switch back to stop doing non English accents.

Explain how the other games have the correct accents and Unity doesn't.

Most likely it's something else. Someone involved in the project also said nothing about animus and said its do with the old feel of English accent, a design choice.

Reasons? Maybe some complained that the previous games French accents (which you don't seem to be aware of?) were difficult to understand or they just didn't like hearing the non English accents. Easier to source the voice actors. Sure I recognize one from witcher 2.

Last edited:
One big news: Microtransactions are in Unity! Here is Sickboy to explain why that is a bad idea for both the franchise and to gaming in general:
If people want to pay more money for extra gear, let them. It's their loss - the game is actually much more of a challenge if you acquire year through natural progress in the story. Buying extra stuff early just makes your character over-powered. Just look at ACIV - you could, in theory, acquire the ingredients for all of Edward's gear as soon as you crafted his second holster before arriving in Nassau.

Just because it wasn't exaggerated doesn't mean that it isn't there.
Indeed. Not every Frenchman sounds like the chef in THE LITTLE MERMAID.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back