Australian Tracks (and NZ Tracks and Bonus Tracks)

• Thread starter Zondaj
  • 94 comments
here's me first go at Baskerville, Hobart on the normal Eifel layuot with hills, etc

BASKERVILLE RACEWAY

it's not perfect and I can't match the exact terrain, but I've given it a similar flow to the real thing

however, after just watching the re-creating in Assetto Corsa, I know where I can improve on it in a number of areas

AC

Gday guys, great resource, thanks.

I've been working on a few. Here's my version of Symmons Plains Raceway in Tasmania. It's close and a great little racetrack. The start is moved along due to limitations.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gt6/user/#!/friend/kembro45/course/1395936/

I also have made our local kart track, Stoney Creek Kart Track. In Sth Gippsland, Victoria. Again due to size restrictions it's nearly triple the size, but feels good in a 125 shifter kart.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/kembro45/course/1413766/

Hope the links work.

Hey all, Zonda suggested I post here.

My tracks aren't great but I'll try a few more over the weekend.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gt6/user/#!/friend/DanielleC91/course

Powerbilt Ruapuna Park Raceway would have to be my favourite so fair(even though its in NZ)
Ringwood park is still being built..
Bulahdelah mountain would be so much better if you can add elevation.
Hey Danielle, the link is returning an Error 404. Can you see if there is a problem with the link?

Hi guys, this is a thread for the compilation of the best Australian track replicas. I hope to get some awareness out there for some of the awesome tracks we have in Australia other than Bathurst (I have no problems with Bathurst... but it's already in the game). I have added a replica of my hometown's track, Adelaide Street Circuit, to get things started. Feel free to add your own replicas as well.

Here's a list of what's currently in the thread:

Cars
Adelaide Street Circuit - GP Course by Zondaj
Adelaide Street Circuit - Touring Car Course by Zondaj
Baskerville Raceway by Robbks
Hidden Valley Raceway by Alienxpres51
Lakeside International Raceway by Alienxpres51
Morgan Park Raceway by Alienxpres51
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit by JaseScott
Queensland Raceway by Alienxpres51
Sandown Raceway by Mires and CLowndes888
Surfers Paradise Street Circuit - Touring Car Course by Cole Morgan and samoht gtx
Surfers Paradise Street Circuit - IndyCar Course by Cole Morgan
Sydney Motorsport Park by JaseScott
Sydney Street Circuit by Cole Morgan
Symmons Plains Raceway by kembro
Townsville Street Circuit by Cole Morgan
Wakefield Park Circuit by JaseScott

Go-Karts
Stony Creek Go-Kart Track by kembro

The usernames are hyperlinked to the tracks. I have only listed tracks with working hyperlinks. To be included on the list, please add a hyperlink! Duplicates are fine.

A big thank you to Thomas2012 for the cover image and a big thank you to all you contributors. Couldn't have done it without you!:gtpflag::cheers::gtpflag:

I meant to say thank you for the Adelaide TC track - just what I have always wanted. I have also (I hope) downloaded the 'Craigburn' stroll: intriguing (I live in Blackwood). What do you think about a route that links Belair Rd, Old Belair Rd, Blythewood and Belair Rds back to the BP station at the top of the hill? Don't ask me to do it, I am hopelessly incompetent.

I meant to say thank you for the Adelaide TC track - just what I have always wanted. I have also (I hope) downloaded the 'Craigburn' stroll: intriguing (I live in Blackwood). What do you think about a route that links Belair Rd, Old Belair Rd, Blythewood and Belair Rds back to the BP station at the top of the hill? Don't ask me to do it, I am hopelessly incompetent.
Sounds Interesting, will have to do it on on my next drive through. Can't get the elevation changes though :(

Last edited:
Zondaj, Are you sure about the elevation problem? I have an 'Eifel' track that has 1086 feet difference (Eifel 3-A v2.3) that I downloaded today (it can be found on about p4 of the most recently added tracks thread).

Also, in GT6 if you go into Gallery > Tracks> Sample Tracks > Sample Eifel Track, under 'Comments' it says 'this area allows you to design courses that have lots of elevation difference'.

Note there are two Eifel tracks - 'Eifel Flat' and 'Eifel'. Apologies if you knew this already - perhaps there is something else I am overlooking. Also, do you know what the minimum track width is? (Because, to be as realistic as possible, you should have to keep to the left-hand side of the road).

I drove a version of the Melbourne GP circuit I Downloaded from somewhere last night,
wasn't bad, just too much banking on the corners. and not quite wide enough.
I'm most of the way complete doing my version.

I've found that just tracing the course map isn't the best way to get the feel of the track in some cases.
Especially tracks that have varying widths, you need to make sure you're forcing the drivers to follow the right lines

that's my major gripe with my own Gold Coast Indy circuit, the first chicane looks perfect compared with the map, but it doesn;t drive exactly right

Here's my collection so far, based on Australia & NZ tracks

Famous Tracks from Australia and New Zealand
50px-Map_of_Australia_and_New_Zealand.png

Adelaide Street Circuit

Barbara's Elbow (Barbagallo)

Hampton Downs NZ

Phillip Island, Australia

Pukekohe Race Park, NZ

Symmons Plains, Tasmania

Teretonga Raceway

Last edited:
I've done a Taupo motorsport track. Pretty close to real thing.
And a Wellington Street circuit layout. Wish this event still happened.

Just to update on the progress: 30 different options spread over 24 different courses! This thread is starting to gain some momentum! Only a fortnight old, keep up the great work, :gtpflag:community!

I was going to ask for Highlands Motorsport Park in NZ, home of http://www.highlands.co.nz/events/highlands-101/ when I just noticed that there is a cross-over :( I'd still like to see if anyone could come up with a version of it that's driveable, thanks in advance.
Sorry, the course maker is not yet capable of doing crossovers. It could happen in a future update though. Let's hope PD pulls through!

Hi, I've just finished the GT Circuit of the SA Motorsport Park. 7.852km vs 7.7km making it only 1.9% longer than the actual track. Hopefully I can test drive it this weekend and get it up for you guys

Latest Posts

Back