Automation-Car Company Tycoon

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 391 comments
@daffyflyer

Have you guys planned or laid out idea what the business side of the game will be like?
I'm actually very excited about this game :)

Yeah, we've done some design and prototyping of the business side, hard to explain exactly what it will be like (and it will no doubt change a lot as we build it) but it should be pretty detailed, and hopefully really good fun! :)

Oh, I really need to leave this thread. And not go to your website, Daffy. I can see myself designing well into the morning if I stay here to long. :lol:

Keep up the good work. 👍

Daffy have you sent a demo of what you have so far to IGN and the like? I've yet to see it in there and he big gaming sites would probably die with a preview of the engine and body designers.

I can see myself designing well into the morning if I stay here to long. :lol:

One does not simply build one more engine. :lol:

I got the demo when it was released to the public a few days ago, I've really enjoyed it. I've made a few real engines (B6ZE from the Miata, the Chevy Vega 2.3L, and the base engine from the 1996 Civic) and you guys have done a great job with making the stats as accurate as possible.

Couple of questions:

*You have the option for fuel efficiency in Ltr/100 KM and MPG on the options menu, but aren't displayed when actually testing the engine? Is the MPG/Ltr per 100 Km option just a place-holder once car designing is put into the demo/game proper?

*With the race intakes with visible valves, will they open up fully when testing the engine?

*Option for Dry Sump Oil System in the full game with other options for oiling the engine?

Great job as always Daffy.

*You have the option for fuel efficiency in Ltr/100 KM and MPG on the options menu, but aren't displayed when actually testing the engine? Is the MPG/Ltr per 100 Km option just a place-holder once car designing is put into the demo/game proper?

*With the race intakes with visible valves, will they open up fully when testing the engine?

*Option for Dry Sump Oil System in the full game with other options for oiling the engine?

Great job as always Daffy.

You won't see the MPG until you actually put it in a car, as its effected by gearing, car weight etc. so when designing engines it will always be unit of fuel per unit of power.

Maybe, they don't open up for now, but we shall see.

Not sure, not covering that side of things for now, but may do later.

One request I have for the future (final product) is datalogging of as much data as possible, for example vehicles made (in various factories etc), models, sold (in various dealers etc), etc etc. This may seem obvious but the reason I bring it up is my biggest grip with Detroit is the game didn't log how many cars you have made and sold, it only listed the previous months data. You had to record it all yourself if you wanted to keep track which is a pain.

Anyway

After playing the public demo for a while I must say I am impressed, the attention to detail is very good and this will be a purchase for sure. One thing you might want to include in the engine designer is engine life reduction with extra rich mixtures, I understand the slider scale seems generic (so I don't know the extra AFR) but extra rich mixtures should start reducing engine life. Oh and maybe some operating temperature adjustment scale.

Anyway great work and I look forward to extra updates 👍

Any more updates for? Still highly looking forwars to it.

V8's end of the month. If you have pre ordered.
They both recently packed their jobs in to work on the game full time.

Last edited:
V8's end of the month. If you have pre ordered.
They both recently packed their jobs in to work on the game full time.

I was watching their dev livestream over the weekendand Daffy told me that modelling most of the stuff for V8s will be easy since it's a copy/paste from l4s to V8s in terms of valve-trains and related gear. If you understand 3DS Max, it's easy pickings. :dopey:

End of the month?! Did we say that? :P

But actually thats probably about right, give or take a week or two.

Many of you playing the demo? Having fun? Thoughts?

Well, that's a good start then :D

We're hard at work on V8 stuff, but in the meantime we're running a developer Q&A

Got any questions about Us, Automation, the process of games development, something to do with cars?

Ask away and we'll answer it in an answers video :)

For some reason your link to your video isn't working, so here you go.

=====

I preordered the game right before the engine demo went live. I spent hours trying to squeeze one more hp out of my 4 cylinders. The game is surprisinly addicting. I can't wait for more things to get released and I really like how Indie developers are allowing people to preorder way in advance and then allow them to get early access and what not to the features of the game.

Daffy, how did you get so good at making low-poly models, and do you have any tips for not as experienced 3DS users? After watching the live streams (I'm RealRacingRoots) I'm extremely impressed with your 3DS work, it makes my stuff look like poop in comparison.

Will the fully completed cars (in the full game) be importable into mod-friendly games (like Rfactor) and game engines (Unity 3D)?

How modable will the game be? (Change the environments, textures, adding new parts, etc)

Will the game be digital distributed through your site only, or will be see it on a external site like a Steam?

Anymore news from the dev team?

If you have pre ordered then they are looking for more Beta testers.

They have a v8 video but its in German. :grumpy:

And they answered some of the Q and A questions.

All on the websites front page. :)

Other than that not much.

haitch40
If you have pre ordered then they are looking for more Beta testers.

They have a v8 video but its in German. :grumpy:

And they answered some of the Q and A questions.

All on the websites front page. :)

Other than that not much.

Thanks.

Just downloading the demo now, this looks fun.

Update:

I'm sad to say this just isn't my kind of game. I'm a great fan of tycoon games but this one just doesn't grab me.

I wish you all the best with this game. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Current news from us: We're working on V8s and they're fairly close to done. We've all moved into the one office now and its awesome.

That's about it

I'm having quite a bit of fun with the demo. The music is really helping to keep me interested in making silly engines! I think I will preorder when I get some good money ;). Will preordering ensure I have the whole game when it releases? Does it matter if I order the $35 or $25 preorder?

I'm having quite a bit of fun with the demo. The music is really helping to keep me interested in making silly engines! I think I will preorder when I get some good money ;). Will preordering ensure I have the whole game when it releases? Does it matter if I order the $35 or $25 preorder?

You get the entire game when it gets released and you will get everything as it is released. For example if you buy on release you will get I4 engines now and then everything else then. If you pre order you will get V8's when they are finished etc.

Also the difference between the $35 and the $25 is just as stated.

Hmm. Ok. I just made a 608hp i4 engine. I'll have to post a picture!

243rzwn.jpg

I didn't think the other explanation was completely clear, so.

If you don't pre order you get this demo as it is at the moment and that is all until the full game is released of which you then have to pay full price for.

If you pay 25 you get every update to the demo with new parts such as v8's, you also get the full game download for free.

If you pay 35 you get the same as 25 but just with v16 engines when they are released, making of ebook and the official soundtrack.

Hope that explains it.

Back