BMW M4 Safety Car Coming To GT6

• Thread starter cmbeal317
  • 397 comments
It looks pretty cool but adds nothing new so I'm not bothered about it really. It is mildly more exciting than the FT-1 Graphite Concept, which was pointless, as it has a livery and will be nice for a few photos.

I'm more interested in what else this late November update brings. Customisable BMW M4 is a good thing though.

Not to get all negative Nancy on the announcement, but what happened to the GT5-esque updates where we could purchase/download 5+ cars at a time? That was fun. I used to run to the PS3 to make sure I had all the most recent updates, I suppose I'll get to this one at some point.

Cool BMW.

It seems that they've recognised the continued popularity of the R34 GT-R pace car despite the fact that it's a neglected standard and realised that by adding a new pace/safety/online 'cop' car, they can implement a single car and have it make a disproportionately large impact. Good move PD, do more things like this.

There's an abundance of "safety cars" already in the game, its called "use your imagination" seeing as we need to imagine that most cars are usable anyway,

the thing that was really exiting in that announce for me was "Additional customization options will include painted kidney grills, larger wheel sizes, hood pins, and additional aero parts."

I'm really looking forward to all of these, but I'm kind of confused about the larger wheel sizes, I kind of noticed how MASSIVE the wheels on the grey bmw were but I'm foolishly hoping that whoever wrote the article meant "wider wheel sizes".

There's an abundance of "safety cars" already in the game, its called "use your imagination" seeing as we need to imagine that most cars are usable anyway,
This is technically true, you can have a stock Camaro SS in a Nascar race, or a Audi RS6 Avant in a Touring Car race, or a Mercedes SLS in a GT3 race. The flashing lights could then be important because IRL they turn them off when they are about to pull into the pits when they are about to go green. In speaking of the green flag, we have a checkered flag man, could we be getting a green flag man? Maybe with the FIA races.

Come on PD, this is what you give us? :mad:
A car that we already have in game just with a new paint and now is customizable. Wow, seriously, I am so excited. :indiff:
If in the next update could come with, I don't know, a premium supra or a premium M3 CLS that would be great or even a NEW car to the series like a new GT3 car, just saying.

Well, I can safely say that a lot of series that use safety cars, including mine, will definitely hop onboard with this. However, making the Nissan detailed should be considered too. Make two (or more) high quality options.

Just being honest here, but is anyone else seeing the 'Graphite FT1' debacle coming into play with this ? Same car, slight tweak, etc-etc.

I don't recall fans asking for this, but now it's coming 'soon' ;), yet we have a forum (literally) of unanswered questions...

Edit* Well I'll be able to 'legit' lower the M4, that'll be nice. Still doesn't excuse their overall silence though.

I don't see what so exciting about this, putting in a car we already have, again, we technically have two of them if you want to include the Frozen Black Metallic, so now a third with safety car livery. We want NEW cars to GT, like FH2 just did, added the M4 to their game and it's all NEW to their game. I could of think of a hundred other cars at SEMA that they could of added other than this. I'll board the train when we finally get something "NEW".

Unless they plan on implementing a new "purpose" for this safety car, then that will be interesting.

Its a pace car. Its not like the Frozen Black Metallic BMW that only differed in color.

Woopee 🤬 doo, a car, with flashy lights, just what GT6 needs right now.

Next it'll be the fork lift truck that removes crashed cars from the track

Didn't seem like a problem when we got a Skyline GT-R with Working lights. Also as I said, its a pace car and last I checked, there are plenty of people who loved the hell out of using the Skyline Pace car so this is going to be a huge deal.

Well, I can safely say that a lot of series that use safety cars, including mine, will definitely hop onboard with this. However, making the Nissan detailed should be considered too. Make two (or more) high quality options.

Speak of the devil, exactly the point I just made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they continue to add more customization options to all premium cars with the new update. I'm glad we're getting the pace car but more excited about the new parts.

Are the additional custom parts aka bigger wheels and more aero parts only for the M4 or is it for all premium cars?

Probably just for the M4 as it didn't have any before. If they were adding more custom parts to the full range of premium cars they'd probably make a much bigger deal of it than this.

I feel like any other interpretation is very optimistic, and possibly a bit naive.

Back