BMW M4 Safety Car Coming To GT6

• Thread starter cmbeal317
  • 397 comments
I hope the LCC Rocket can have it's wheels changed and the fenders removed. Kinda wanna make a vintage-style Formula car with wire wheels.

Seriously, what are you reading that implies that anything like this will be added?

"The car will become available in the next update for the game, which will also introduce new tuning parts and options for the base model of M4 Coupé. Additional customization options will include painted kidney grills, larger wheel sizes, hood pins, and additional aero parts."

Seriously, what are you reading that implies that anything like this will be added?

"The car will become available in the next update for the game, which will also introduce new tuning parts and options for the base model of M4 Coupé. Additional customization options will include painted kidney grills, larger wheel sizes, hood pins, and additional aero parts."
Releasing an update to tune only one car doesn't make sense....

Jeez dude, I was just saying it would be cool if this was added. No need to get up in my grill about it.

Agreed. 👍

But it's what the statement says. Why would you assume they're going to do something different to what they've said they'd do?

Jeez dude, I was just saying it would be cool if this was added. No need to get up in my grill about it.

Sorry if that was how it came across, I was just genuinely curious as to how you came up with the idea that anything like that would be included in the update. Thought I'd missed a paragraph in PD's statement or something.

But it's what the statement says. Why would you assume they're going to do something different to what they've said they'd do?

Sorry if that was how it came across, I was just genuinely curious as to how you came up with the idea that anything like that would be included in the update.
It's fine mate. No worries. It was just a thought to be honest. No proof, just a hope. :)

No offense, but how is this anything new or exciting? The M4 is one very awesome car, despite some people criticizing it a bit in real life.

But I don't see how a different color scheme is something to be excited about. I don't even see this having the roof lights, because PD simply won't put any effort (I want to believe due to development limitations) to something like that. It's just a livery that adds nothing of value to the game experience. This is only interesting for GT car collectors.

Not only that, but it's probably the only thing you'll be seeing in months to come. By now everyone should know that PD won't do nothing more than these little lures.

Tuning parts for the M4? Finally... I guess. Took them a while didn't it? Car needs custom L.S.D.

To quote myself from the news section: E30, E36, E28, E34, F10, 8 Series, 6 Series, M1... No? then see you in GT7... *fingers crossed

Again it doesn't make sense. If they want to tune the M4, they can release a 20MB «update» or something. They can do it in 2-3 days if they can.

So to clarify, they've said they'd "introduce new tuning parts and options for the base model of M4 Coupé" but you think that they're going to introduce new custom parts for all or most of the premium cars.

Again it doesn't make sense. If they want to tune the M4, they can release a 20MB «update» or something. They can do it in 2-3 days if they can.
I'm just happy that we can finally mod the car. :)

To quote myself from the news section: E30, E36, E28, E34, F10, 8 Series, 6 Series, M1... No? then see you in GT7... *fingers crossed
I see what you mean, and you make a good point. We're missing quite a lot of key BMWs.

So to clarify, they've said they'd "introduce new tuning parts and options for the base model of M4 Coupé" but you think that they're going to introduce new custom parts for all or most of the premium cars.
I checked the last sentence after that. That's why

Its a pace car. Its not like the Frozen Black Metallic BMW that only differed in color.

Didn't seem like a problem when we got a Skyline GT-R with Working lights. Also as I said, its a pace car and last I checked, there are plenty of people who loved the hell out of using the Skyline Pace car so this is going to be a huge deal.

Speak of the devil, exactly the point I just made.
Ok that's cool, it's a pace car, cool, but PD is moving at such a snail's pace with content it's a little ridiculous if you ask me. Here it is a month from the one year mark and we have gotten only a handful of "NEW" cars, but several duplicates. C7, FT-1, Mercedes VGT, M4 all have some form of duplicate. ISF ccs-r, Toyota TSo30, Hudson, GT-R Nismo to me are somewhat unique. We are just starving for more real life cars from old to new cars and more real life tracks, preferably Sebring and VIR. PDs turtles speed in a rabbit's race is just getting old and then they announce it and we have to wait a month is crazy, announce it and put it in the game within a day or two is a more realistic approach to me, that's all.

I hope we'll get all those custom parts for all premium car, why would they make it for one specific car only? that would suck big time if it is only for that BMW.

I hope we'll get all those custom parts for all premium car, why would they make it for one specific car only? that would suck big time if it is only for that BMW.

I'm afraid it's what the statement says, they don't mention any other cars.

No offense, but how is this anything new or exciting? The M4 is one very awesome car, despite some people criticizing it a bit in real life.

But I don't see how a different color scheme is something to be excited about. I don't even see this having the roof lights, because PD simply won't put any effort (I want to believe due to development limitations) to something like that. It's just a livery that adds nothing of value to the game experience. This is only interesting for GT car collectors.

Not only that, but it's probably the only thing you'll be seeing in months to come. By now everyone should know that PD won't do nothing more than these little lures.

Tuning parts for the M4? Finally... I guess. Took them a while didn't it? Car needs custom L.S.D.

What on earth makes you think that? It's been 7 weeks since the last major update in GT6 and it'll probably be about 10 weeks by the time this update lands. But then it's December, you really think we won't get a significant update in December? The GT6 anniversary, The holidays...the fact that we've already been told there are still major updates coming to GT6.

On top of that we don't know if this car (plus the tuning options) will be the only things in the upcoming update. So where is the basis for this claim?

Straight from the site:

The M4 Safety Car theme is finished by a set of LED grille-mounted flashers and LED rooftop light bar.

As for why its exciting:

1. PD actually used their blog to detail an upcoming update
2. While you only see another duplicate, its another free car coming and its a tuned version of the car we have (you know, like the NISMO GT-R that people also bitched about nevermind the fact that it was actually different from the base car as opposed to just a different colored version with no difference apart from color)
3. If you've been in the Racing section, A lot of people love to use a pace car for their series
and for a while the old Skyline GT-R From GT Concept was the only thing they had.

I get it, this game isn't giving you the content you want as quickly as you want like every other sim is but I swear it seems you've become a broken record and repeat the same tune everytime something new comes. If you're so done with the game, why do you feel the need to announce that you don't like this everytime and then say You're done? If you're done, why do you care anymore?

Ok that's cool, it's a pace car, cool, but PD is moving at such a snail's pace with content it's a little ridiculous if you ask me. Here it is a month from the one year mark and we have gotten only a handful of "NEW" cars, but several duplicates. C7, FT-1, Mercedes VGT, M4 all have some form of duplicate. ISF ccs-r, Toyota TSo30, Hudson, GT-R Nismo to me are somewhat unique. We are just starving for more real life cars from old to new cars and more real life tracks, preferably Sebring and VIR. PDs turtles speed in a rabbit's race is just getting old and then they announce it and we have to wait a month is crazy, announce it and put it I the game within a day or two is a more realistic approach to me, that's all.

Three weeks (not a month) is hardly crazy compared to the five years we had to wait for GT5. Its a 5 years we didn't need to have even I admit, but the wait for this is puny in comparison.

Interesting that PD have announced this new content at all, I mean they're not know for letting us know what they're working on. Leads me to believe that PD want BMW to have they time in the sun now, as whatever is coming on the next update will overshadow the pace car addition.

OK Planet, time to fire up the hype train. Sema is here, please Kaz start spilling the beans!

those few lines from PitStop kills all the hopes that the next update will have custom parts for all cars:

"Also in this update, tuning and customization parts for the M4 will also be unlocked.

Aero parts made available in the GT Auto store will include the version used by the safety car, plus another additional design. The car modeling team is currently working on its design, so you can look forward to that as well. Also, in “Other” parts, you can repaint BMW’s legacy kidney grill to black. And of course you can change to bigger wheels!

With more available tuning options, the high performance M4 can be taken a step further. Details like aerodynamic hood pins give it that competitive look, and you can customize the car to suit your needs in the world of Gran Turismo, whether it be for drifting or just looks!"

Well, I'm not looking forward to that update anymore.

those few lines from PitStop kills all the hopes that the next update will have custom parts for all cars:

"Also in this update, tuning and customization parts for the M4 will also be unlocked.

Aero parts made available in the GT Auto store will include the version used by the safety car, plus another additional design. The car modeling team is currently working on its design, so you can look forward to that as well. Also, in “Other” parts, you can repaint BMW’s legacy kidney grill to black. And of course you can change to bigger wheels!

With more available tuning options, the high performance M4 can be taken a step further. Details like aerodynamic hood pins give it that competitive look, and you can customize the car to suit your needs in the world of Gran Turismo, whether it be for drifting or just looks!"

Well, I'm not looking forward to that update anymore.
YAY!!!! Customization for M4!!!! :D:tup::gtpflag: :cheers:

I don't see what so exciting about this, putting in a car we already have, again, we technically have two of them if you want to include the Frozen Black Metallic, so now a third with safety car livery. We want NEW cars to GT, like FH2 just did, added the M4 to their game and it's all NEW to their game. I could of think of a hundred other cars at SEMA that they could of added other than this. I'll board the train when we finally get something "NEW".

Unless they plan on implementing a new "purpose" for this safety car, then that will be interesting.
But I'm happy for that because it will be second safety car after Gran Turismo GT-R Skyline R34 Pace Car. It is newer and I'm sure that it will be usefull for rolling starts in online races...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is nice addition as its a new car variant but there are tons of other better cars that I thought they would at least try to bring to GT6. McLaren 650S, Ferrari 458 Speciale, Lambo Hurican, McLaren P1, La Ferrari, Viper TA, Audi R8 V10 Plus, Venom GT etc. All the models we currently have are long in the tooth and time has passed them on. Lets get at least some updated cars to tide us over till GT7 drops.

Back