Budget Car Challenge

• Thread starter Airrider
  • 1,553 comments
It's actually the "invisible cones" the ones you can see on the track at the S licence test
and the Top Gear challenges in Special events + ofcourse the shortcut between invisible cones was fixed by PD also.

MadMax

Oh I see. đź‘Ť

My time is in. I have a feeling I've made a big mistake with my car selection this time, lots of grip but not enough power. The straights at the Top Gear track seem to take forever, I think a calendar would be more use than a stopwatch!

I really dislike the track in this game, it seems way too narrow compared to the real thing, but it could just be me of course. Anyway, I've had enough now, after only managing to beat my best time by like half a second on a "next lap invalidated" lap :(

Things have kind of piled up again, but thankfully me setting the next challenge

I'm still trying to work around my schedule, hence why I'm not updating results like I used to. I'll collect and present the BCC results at a later date while I find a schedule that's fine for me.

But you've got another challenge to get to, and this time it's a unique one, I feel.

You will now go to the Indianapolis speedway, Forward, and participate in an A-Spec One-Make five-lap race. Your goal will be to see how high a speed you can rack up at any point during the race. Strategy will be just as important as what your car's made of, as your highest speeds will most likely be from using the pack for drafting-precisely why I ask you to perform a one-make race.

Remember, screencaps and photos of your TV are permissible. Please make sure you submit them as proof of your run.

You will have until next Wednesday. Good luck, and good driving!

Don't worry about the results, we're patient. :D

Speed test eh? I may have a decent shot at this. :D

I had wondered what had happened to this. Don't worry about taking a while longer to post the results, it stops there being a clear winner before the events are finished :P

This will be nice, first time I'll have got my car out of 4th gear so far in this competition :P

The replays show your speed don't they? I never really bother with them.

Hey guys! I've tried reading the Op but I'm kind of confused as to the what the current challenge is and is it to late join in or what. if I am to late when is the next season starting? this bcc looks like a ton of fun, one of the few challenges I've found held offline!

I had wondered what had happened to this. Don't worry about taking a while longer to post the results, it stops there being a clear winner before the events are finished :P

This will be nice, first time I'll have got my car out of 4th gear so far in this competition :P

The replays show your speed don't they? I never really bother with them.

I believe so. It's been that way whenever I've done speed challenges. Replays in A-Spec One-Makes will let you see the speed in replays.

I believe so. It's been that way whenever I've done speed challenges. Replays in A-Spec One-Makes will let you see the speed in replays.

Is it permitted to abandon the entry to the first (or third) corner in order to squeeze out an extra mph?

Is it permitted to abandon the entry to the first (or third) corner in order to squeeze out an extra mph?

Personally I'd say that's a bit dirty, but if Airrider approves of it, I have no issues with it. In the previous top speed challenges we've had, I always took my speed from my best lap time, but this is a bit different so yeah. . đź‘Ť

I have no problem running it again if doing that isn't allowed, and, for me anyway, its worth literally one mph, so it's not a massive deal.

Hey, I've not posted in here for ages, but I do keep checking back in the thread. I'm planning to return to the BCC for next months season :D
I've not had chance over the last few months as I've had so much work to do, but all my exams and things are over now, so it's all good.

Looking forward to competing with you again :P

dang! I forgot how little 20k is! it is very fun to try and fling these little buggers around the track though. I read back a few pages and found all the info I needed to get started, thanks to MADD Maxx for all the help for us new guys!

I have no problem running it again if doing that isn't allowed, and, for me anyway, its worth literally one mph, so it's not a massive deal.

I think I might do badly this round, my car hits the limit before the start/finish line at the end of the first lap :banghead:

Still it avoids the usual frustration of running lap after lap to get my speed up by 1% or so! :lol:

not saying any specifics, but is it just me or like 95% of level 0 cars FF? I'm not a big FF fan but this has been a fun test!

A lot of them will be FF yeah, especially for the budget we have, but a few gems sneak under the budget limit too ;)

not saying any specifics, but is it just me or like 95% of level 0 cars FF? I'm not a big FF fan but this has been a fun test!

Yeah, GT has always encouraged you to choose an FF as a first car. It makes sense that most of the first car choices would be FF. There are a few FR gems though. :D

Sent my speed in to Airrider now. Hopefully it's good enough. :D

Yeah, GT has always encouraged you to choose an FF as a first car. It makes sense that most of the first car choices would be FF. There are a few FR gems though. :D

Sent my speed in to Airrider now. Hopefully it's good enough. :D

yeah I'm having a lot of fun with it, BTW, I've been reading your novel: ready steady go! your a pretty darn good writer! I'm also so a sucker for anything cars so I'm rather easy to please.

P.S. chapter 28.5 was genius! not to mention hilarious.

speed submitted! I don't know about you guys, but I'm surprised my little beater got going as fast as it did, even without slipstreaming!

I ended up buying an FF from the UCD despite the fact I already had several better eligible cars in my garage, because I
didn't have proof of price. So you know what I'm doing now? yep, take a photo of every car as I buy it at the UCD!

Cant hardly wait for the next challenge!

speed submitted! I don't know about you guys, but I'm surprised my little beater got going as fast as it did, even without slipstreaming!

I ended up buying an FF from the UCD despite the fact I already had several better eligible cars in my garage, because I
didn't have proof of price. So you know what I'm doing now? yep, take a photo of every car as I buy it at the UCD!

Cant hardly wait for the next challenge!

Assuming the cars you had in the garage were stock and hadn't been used, you can work out how much it would've cost in the UCD. That's what I was originally gonna do but decided against it. MadMax gave me the links a while ago when I asked.

Basically you take the "zero miles" price of the car, from this list, then subtract from that the mileage x zero miles price, divided by 200,000.

Looking at that, it looks really complicated with words, so this is another way of putting it: UCD cost = "Price as New" - ( Mileage x 'Price as New' / 200,000 )

Granted it won't be much good now, if you've already submitted your entry, but it might be worth knowing in future.

so I'm trying to use the calculation above, with little success. so here are my numbers. Toyota MR2 1600 G 86 zero mile price: 16,910
multiply times mileage right? X 21,753.7
=367,855,067
now I divide that by 200,000 right? so I get: 1,839.275335 ??????

help me guys! what am I doing wrong? I know for a fact I paid $13,967 because I took a picture of it when I bought it. also I have NEVER driven this car so I know that isnt throwing off the mileage numbers.

I'm sure it's a stupid mistake, I just can't seem to find it!

Ah yeah sorry, the mileage has to be in kilometers (that just sounds dumb :P), forgot to mention that.

Also make sure you're doing the calculations in the correct order, everything in the brackets first, then subtract that from the price when new.

16,910 - (35,009 * 16,910/200000)= 13,949.9

Obviously since the miles > km conversion won't be exactly correct, theres a tiny margin of error. You could change the unit of measurement for distance to KM in the in-game options, but it's a bit awkward just for the sake of jotting down one figure.

Last edited:
The way I calculate the prize for car in garage (with no switches preferably):

(new car prize : 200000) x (200000 - mileage in kilometers)

Since you paid 13,967 Cr. for the car the mileage in km was about 34710 km (200000 : new car prize) x (new car prize - cost in UCD)

So ,
(16900 : 200000) x (200000 - 34710)
= 13967,005 Cr.

There you go , works for every car except the Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 as far as I know.
The car costs (at 0km) more than 15,000,000 Cr , but less than 15,000,001 Cr. :odd:

MadMax

So... exactly like I said then?
:lol: Just messing MadMax, thanks for clarifying, I knew that using a Google Miles > KM conversion wouldn't give an exact answer.

Thanks you two! It took me a minute but I got it figured out, km is also very useful, I should have known that considering the UCD lists them in km.
thanks again, this will save me a lot of UCD cycling later!

yeah I'm having a lot of fun with it, BTW, I've been reading your novel: ready steady go! your a pretty darn good writer! I'm also so a sucker for anything cars so I'm rather easy to please.

P.S. chapter 28.5 was genius! not to mention hilarious.
Why thank you! :dopey: I don't think my writing is anything special, I think it's the whole cars and chicks thing that makes it good. :lol:
. So you know what I'm doing now? yep, take a photo of every car as I buy it at the UCD!

I've been doing that for a while now. Problem is, as I buy more and more cars for the challenge, my phone album just ends up looking like a used car dealership itself. :lol:

Why thank you! :dopey: I don't think my writing is anything special, I think it's the whole cars and chicks thing that makes it good. :lol:

I've been doing that for a while now. Problem is, as I buy more and more cars for the challenge, my phone album just ends up looking like a used car dealership itself. :lol:

Cars and chicks, what more do you need?! and yeah, my iphone is a portable UCD now, which is good IMO.

Latest Posts

Back