Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
Given the path they chose, that is, a long term relationship with a single company, it's possible they wanted the convenience of dealing with a single game maker, along with a higher single contract. Seems obvious that it's only a financial arrangement for them and they don't consider videogames as good marketing tools, otherwise they would have made a different choice with broader participation. Let's hope they change their minds, I'd love to see Porsche spread out amongst all the sims.

I agree with you that Porsche does or rather did not see video games as good marketing tools at the time they closed the contract with EA. However, I believe the added benefit of doing so was not mainly of a financial nature (as in getting license fees from EA), but the fact that Porsche did not have to bother with the management of licensing the brand to a number of game studios. Whatever EA is paying Porsche yearly is negligible in terms of Porsche's revenues. Advertising value would far exceed those figures.

I have sended a mail to Porsche AG:

Guten tag

I'm not a journalist nor a spy.

I'm hiting my keayboard to warn you about ElectronicArts production.

As you may know your digital licence has been contracted with EA since the dinausor's time, the last good use of your cars was in his last good software "Porsche Unleashed". Since that time, EA didn't stop to put your cars in a deep and stinky **** that they called "video-games".

Let me story you the case of the amazing Nissan GTR dinasty. At the beginning it was no more than a good 4wd car only known by japanese and wizard. Since the car as been put in a famous game series (GranTurismo for you guys that don't listen) it became one of the best selled and knowned car into the entire world!

So what's up with Porsche? You're famous enough right, but for the nex generation playing games (and buying real cars later) you'll be associated with drift, car chase an tuning, not racing and glorious wins like few decades ago.

Why did you still let EA using your name and cars instead of allowing Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 using it for they simulation and racing software?

While waiting to drive your cars in it, i'll hold my breath until things changes.

Please take this seriously. That hurt already.

Thanks for reading it. Regards, Axel.

P.S. good luck at LeMans, please beat the **** out of these Audi's LMP1!

Prepare yourself to get Porsche in next GT game guys, thanks me later.

Guten tag

As you may know your digital licence has been contracted with EA since the dinausor's time, the last good use of your cars was in his last good software "Porsche Unleashed". Since that time, EA didn't stop to put your cars in a deep and stinky **** that they called "video-games".

Let me story you the case of the amazing Nissan GTR dinasty. At the beginning it was no more than a good 4wd car only known by japanese and wizard. Since the car as been put in a famous game series (GranTurismo for you guys that don't listen) it became one of the best selled and knowned car into the entire world!

So what's up with Porsche? You're famous enough right, but for the nex generation playing games (and buying real cars later) you'll be associated with drift, car chase an tuning, not racing and glorious wins like few decades ago.

Why did you still let EA using your name and cars instead of allowing Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 using it for they simulation and racing software?

While waiting to drive your cars in it, i'll hold my breath until things changes.

:lol:

Guten tag

/end thread:bowdown:

Guten tag

Hats off!

Hats-off-to-you-sir-_7163990b4f3a977689286e8655533874.jpg

Guten tag

:lol: 👍 👍

Guten tag

What is life :lol:

I know there was a collaboration between gamers to localize certain Nintendo games for international release called Operation Rainfall. I think a similar movement could be created to put pressure on Porsche to either break or re-organize their contract with EA.

It's really frustrating. Porsches are my favorite cars and, so far, the 911 is one of the driving forces behind me wanting to be successful in life because I really want to own one. To see them take such a position against being involved in games like Gran Turismo and Forza is disheartening. I understand that they are a business first and foremost, but I wonder what kind of insane incentives EA is offering these people to keep them for so long.

Auto Modellista had Hondas racing on street circuits and touges. It also had online capability to have "gatherings".

But in that case, the streets were closed off so that it would look like a closed street circuit (there is also lack of traffic). The lack of traffic (and the presence of the sponsor billboards - something Genki and Sega also did with Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift and Initial D games, respectively) is why they let it pass. ;)

Guten tag

Oh man. :lol:

Porsche have lots and lots of historic vehicles (especially race cars) and I would love to see some in a video game. Paid or not, because I believe that everyone should be able to get their hands on cars significant to motorsport history. EA is totally selfish.

A few months back I asked Andy Tudor, creative director on Project CARS, whether it was frustrating to not be able to include Porsches in Project CARS. His one-word response was simply, “Nope.” :lol::lol:

Back