DiRT Showdown

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 164 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Edit: Just saw this was posted already, in the wrong forum, so if this needs to be merged so be it.

Surprised nobody has posted this yet...

Looking forward to the Demolition Derby. :drool:

Last edited:
You had me at demolition derby. :drool:

Is it me or does the car at 27 seconds, look like a Cadillac ambulance?

Last edited:
Wow, only one licensed car?

Ken Block had possessed the DiRT series.

Last edited:
Looking forward to demolition derby... anyone played Driven to Destruction/Test Drive: Eve of Destruction? One of the best games ever!

The red hearse in the trailer reminds me of that game. :) Gauntlet mode!

RacerBest
Looking forward to demolition derby... anyone played Driven to Destruction/Test Drive: Eve of Destruction? One of the best games ever!

The red hearse in the trailer reminds me of that game. :) Gauntlet mode!

Oh I loved that game

its not really part of the Dirt Series anyway, its going to be an arcade titel. so basically something for the lower ages probably.

SSXRid3R
its not really part of the Dirt Series anyway, its going to be an arcade titel. so basically something for the lower ages probably.

Well DiRT is pretty arcade already. This is more action packed I am guessing.

Also, what do you mean by young ages? Do you mean young children? Maybe teens?

AM
Wow, only one licensed car?

Ken Block had possessed the DiRT series.

He's like the face of DiRT, like Colin McRae was of the CMR series.

Also, it's kinda hard to license cars you are beating up

(they aren't recognisable anyway, so who needs a license?)

Well DiRT is pretty arcade already. This is more action packed I am guessing.

Also, what do you mean by young ages? Do you mean young children? Maybe teens?

I'd say it's aimed at the sort of kiddies who like the cheesier editions of the NFS series. Most of the game seems to be about pulling stunts or destroying other cars...

I'd say it's aimed at the sort of kiddies who like the cheesier editions of the NFS series. Most of the game seems to be about pulling stunts or destroying other cars...

I think it will be for crashing lovers, not kiddies.

This will not be a racing game or arcade, who tells that? All you see is a modern, codemasters version of this:

And even better too.

Man, DD always stands for the best things....:sly:

I LOVED Destruction Derby..but DD-Raw sucked.

ryanb98

Do you see little kids driving at demolition Derby's or figure 8 races? No, adults like crashing too.

I WAS going to post this, looks sweet. I own the first 3 & am buying this one for sure, Demo derbies!!! Loved DD back in the PS1 days, and LOVE Test Drive eve of destruction.. still play it once and a while today.

Green one reminds me of a late '70s Gran Fury or Monaco. :drool:
652367_20111209_screen005.jpg

Last edited:
AM
http://uk.gamespot.com/dirt-showdow...wn-preview-less-dirt-more-destruction-6347189

Nothing mentioned any other 'real' cars besides Ken Block's fancy Fiesta, not even at the trailer.

From that link:

There are three different vehicle types to take around each course, which are a mixture of licensed and fictional cars, trucks, and buggies. They're divided into three categories, each designed for a specific task: Racing, which includes muscle cars and SUVs; Hoonigan, which includes Ken Block's Fiesta; and Demolition, which is made up of strong, powerful vehicles.

That to me says there are other licensed vehicles, they just don't know what they are yet.

the car that appears at about 23secs looks like a brisca 1300cc saloon stock car

A saloon? Isn't that where you get drinks? :dopey:

I looked them up and you're absolutely right, looks just like 'em. It's like Hit2Pass, but with small tin-can cars :lol: Looks like fun!

dirt-showdown.jpg

Last edited:
Well, from reading articles, its supposed to appeal to the Dirt 2 audience, and less towards the 1, and 3 audience. I personally am pretty happy that they've decided to do this, instead of just trying to balance both crowds out in one game, so instead they make two separate series, not really a bad idea come to think of it.

Watt2159
Well, from reading articles, its supposed to appeal to the Dirt 2 audience, and less towards the 1, and 3 audience. I personally am pretty happy that they've decided to do this, instead of just trying to balance both crowds out in one game, so instead they make two separate series, not really a bad idea come to think of it.

Absolutely. I am really hoping they go for the sim crowd with DiRT 4. I have wanted a serious, high quality rally game for awhile now. DiRT 3, while great in it's own right, has simply left me wanting more. I have even considered importing WRC 2 (2011) since it hasn't launched in the US yet (if it even will).

I, like you, am glad that "Showdown" is being released; not because I want to play it, but because it is, hopefully, implying a divergence between the silly and hardcore audiences. Can't wait until information on DiRT 4 starts popping up; even though it is still a long ways off.

Watt2159

I'm a fan of all three games and I think this one looks awesome.

Well the game isn't out yet but, sign me up.

Sweet. If Showdown's online demolition derby is anything like GRIDs was, I'll never stop playing haha. Same with Split-screen. I was playing Eve of Destruction with a friend yesterday and two player never gets old.

Back