DLC paint preview - some paints applied

• Thread starter Whitestar
  • 98 comments
Awesome.

PD should however really get rid of the preview system they put in GT5 and allow a preview of the cars in paint on the car themselves.

PD should however really get rid of the preview system they put in GT5 and allow a preview of the cars in paint on the car themselves.
Yeah, let's hope they include it.

Sweet. Now I won't be wasting any of these new DLC paints. :D
Maybe you already know, but there IS a way to keep the paint. Copy your save to USB or other backup, start GT5, apply paint, send car to other account or friend, exit GT5 and restore the backup save. Bit of a hassle. You would have to wait until next day to send the painted car back to your main account. Read this in another thread.

Yeah, let's hope they include it.

Maybe you already know, but there IS a way to keep the paint. Copy your save to USB or other backup, start GT5, apply paint, send car to other account or friend, exit GT5 and restore the backup save. Bit of a hassle. You would have to wait until next day to send the painted car back to your main account. Read this in another thread.

I heared it does not work. A friend of mine transfered a car to someone and got it send back without the special paint, but with the paint it originally had. The color on the car was still the GT DLC color, but the name in the garage and the color item he got was the original color of the car.

I heared it does not work. A friend of mine transfered a car to someone and got it send back without the special paint, but with the paint it originally had. The color on the car was still the GT DLC color, but the name in the garage and the color item he got was the original color of the car.

Hmmm, that's what I meant, I think. :) I meant the color of the car will be the new paint. So that way at least you can paint a car and still keep the paint. If I understand correctly.

@OP: maybe take your shots in the photo mode & export them to your PS3 HDD.
These screen photo shots doesn't show the glory of these new paints. :sly:

The colors seems so... dull, hopefully that's just because the pictures are offscreen captures.

Are you sure it's not just your monitor? :lol:
Seriously though, the colors are pretty much exactly as on my GT5 screen. But of course this is a capture and so you lose the movement and some of the "shinyness" caused by the movement.

@OP: maybe take your shots in the photo mode & export them to your PS3 HDD.
These screen photo shots doesn't show the glory of these new paints. :sly:

I can do a few, but not all as this would involve a horrific amount of time. Any particular paint and/or car?

There are plenty of threads explaining that you can use chips only once; kind of common sense I'd say, as you can use the chips you receive for logging into GT Life only once as well ... as one would say: when you have one beer and you drink that beer and you only have that one beer - you are facing a similar issue ...

@TO
WOW! Thank you so much for putting so much effort into making screenshots, reloading, etc. - really appreciate it. This one will definitely be a good source to come back to before applying one of those - one time only - chipsies.

Take care,
eK

I can do a few, but not all as this would involve a horrific amount of time. Any particular paint and/or car?

You could post a good one of the Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car with the stunning titanium finish. :dopey:👍

I haven't touched my paints till now, do you know if there is a paint chip with the same color? :confused:

I personally don't like my cars in stock colors, but to repaint this one I really don't have the nuts if there is no chance to replicate it. Such a beautiful color. :D

You could post a good one of the Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car with the stunning titanium finish. :dopey:👍

I haven't touched my paints till now, do you know if there is a paint chip with the same color? :confused:

I personally don't like my cars in stock colors, but to repaint this one I really don't have the nuts if there is no chance to replicate it. Such a beautiful color. :D

Not sure which you mean by "titanium finish". What's the exact name?
OP updated with the rest of the fluorescence by the way. Metallic and rest of Japanese to follow shortly.

me neither ... however, I'm racing in this non-cockpit view, which means I don't see (and enjoy the color) of my car anyway, but still ... you know?

Not sure which you mean by "titanium finish". What's the exact name?
OP updated with the rest of the fluorescence by the way. Metallic and rest of Japanese to follow shortly.

Seems like you misunderstood me. :sly:

What I mean is: "do you know is there a new DLC paint, looking exactly like the stock (titanium looking) paint of the new DLC GT-R car?"

Here's a picture of the GT-R:
Ahrweiler2520-2520Street.jpg

Seems like you misunderstood me. :sly:

What I mean is: "do you know is there a new DLC paint, looking exactly like the stock (titanium looking) paint of the new DLC GT-R car?"

Oh, no there are no colors like that. However, you can paint it in any color and the multicolored paint will still be there. Only the base color will be changed. I updated the OP with a few pictures of it using the POLARIZED 005 color. Looks pretty good!

They should have a DLC with vehicle wraps.

Camo, stripes, stars, scallops, two tones. dukes of hazard rebel flags on the roof!

Not a full livery editor so there are no wenis's on the hoods of cars but something.

Cant wait till TUESDAY!

Are you sure it's not just your monitor? :lol:
Seriously though, the colors are pretty much exactly as on my GT5 screen. But of course this is a capture and so you lose the movement and some of the "shinyness" caused by the movement.

Definitely not my monitor, it's calibrated as it's crucial to work, so that means it's your offscreen captures, or that the paints actually just suck.

They should have a DLC with vehicle wraps.

Camo, stripes, stars, scallops, two tones. dukes of hazard rebel flags on the roof!

Not a full livery editor so there are no wenis's on the hoods of cars but something.

Cant wait till TUESDAY!

I agree! Some simple textures or stuff like that would be cool... Carbon, brushed metal, rusted, etc... etc.. but hell yeah, I would love some camo paint chips!

Definitely not my monitor, it's calibrated as it's crucial to work, so that means it's your offscreen captures, or that the paints actually just suck.

The monitor thing was a joke. :D
Anyway, the captures were done in 1080i, and then the pics were sharpened slightly with a paint tool. I don't know of a better way to capture than that, apart from going photomode, which is just too much work.
Difference of opinion then I guess, and you are of course entitled to yours. Although I agree that some of the colors are a bit dull yes. But certainly not the flourescences. :lol:

Wow great effort!! Thanks!

Loving those day-glo colours on the 458. Might just have to do that to scare some people off the track in front of me.

👍👍👍

Dumb question, can you recycle these paint chips ? I think I know the answer, just asking.

Edit: The reason I ask is because these are purchased paints, OP?

Last edited:
Back