DLC paint preview - some paints applied

• Thread starter Whitestar
  • 98 comments
Dumb question, can you recycle these paint chips ? I think I know the answer, just asking.

Edit: The reason I ask is because these are purchased paints, OP?

Copied from one of my earlier posts: "Maybe you already know, but there IS a way to keep the paint. Copy your save to USB or other backup, start GT5, apply paint, send car to other account or friend, exit GT5 and restore the backup save. Bit of a hassle. You would have to wait until next day to send the painted car back to your main account. Read this in another thread."

So you can't duplicate the paint, but you can keep the paint after you painted the car and sent it. Only downside is that you will have to wait one day to send the car back to your main account from another account you have. Or if you send it to a friend he can send it back immediately. It's cumbersome, but you keep your paint.

Thank you for all the time you spent on this. These look great, and give a great preview.

Oh, no there are no colors like that. However, you can paint it in any color and the multicolored paint will still be there. Only the base color will be changed. I updated the OP with a few pictures of it using the POLARIZED 005 color. Looks pretty good!

Thanks for the tip. I thought it would paint the titanium looking part & the black is some masking like on the GT-R Black Mask. But yahoo, it isn't! :dopey:👍

Tested now countless paints, but because it's a race car some flashy paints looking best on it. Don't want to waste a DLC neon paint on it so I ended up with the "Isotope Green" from the Lotus Evora & "AMG Monza Grau Magno" painted wheels (from the Mercedes SLS). :)

Here are some pics:

gtrr35touringcar1.jpg

gtrr35touringcar2.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I thought it would paint the titanium looking part & the black is some masking like on the GT-R Black Mask. But yahoo, it isn't! :dopey:👍

Tested now countless paints, but because it's a race car some flashy paints looking best on it. Don't want to waste a DLC neon paint on it so I ended up with the "Isotope Green" from the Lotus Evora & "AMG Monza Grau Magno" painted wheels (from the Mercedes SLS). :)

Looks cool! :)

This is epic! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do this!

You're welcome. Speaking of time: I need to get back to playing the game and testing my new T500RS. So for the remaining paint types I think I will apply a few of each of them to some cars in photo mode and leave it at that.

So if anyone has a request for a certain car in a certain paint, then now is the time to shout. Or you can just try for yourselves (those of you who have bought it that is). :)

KY better fix this so we can have multiples of the DLC paint. The precedent has been set, adding TC DLC to the "dealership".

Copied from one of my earlier posts: "Maybe you already know, but there IS a way to keep the paint. Copy your save to USB or other backup, start GT5, apply paint, send car to other account or friend, exit GT5 and restore the backup save. Bit of a hassle. You would have to wait until next day to send the painted car back to your main account. Read this in another thread."

So you can't duplicate the paint, but you can keep the paint after you painted the car and sent it. Only downside is that you will have to wait one day to send the car back to your main account from another account you have. Or if you send it to a friend he can send it back immediately. It's cumbersome, but you keep your paint.

Thank you for this! I'll ask my wife to make you cookies!!

question,
is it possible to "dupe" the dlc paints?
some of those colours i will definitely want on more then 1 car
any possible way to do this?

question,
is it possible to "dupe" the dlc paints?
some of those colours i will definitely want on more then 1 car
any possible way to do this?

Just read iLex's post three posts above this one.

Oh and before I forget: iLex, can you have your wife snailmail those cookies to Norway? :D

Jai
I can't imagine how many times you restarted the game to do this..

That's right, you can't! :P Actually, it wasn't that bad. As long as you stay in the paint shop you can paint as much as you like and nothing gets saved. When I ran out of paint I just restarted without leaving the paint shop.

If you're looking for HD pics, look here.

Wow, those are great for reference. :)
One annoyance though: There seems to be some pop-up which when I click on the red X opens a new window. Any way to avoid that? (I do have the popup blocker activated). Also, when I click on the images very rarely do I get a full size image. Tried both IE and Firefox.

Wow, those are great for reference. :)
One annoyance though: There seems to be some pop-up which when I click on the red X opens a new window. Any way to avoid that? (I do have the popup blocker activated). Also, when I click on the images very rarely do I get a full size image. Tried both IE and Firefox.

Hmm, that's odd. Maybe you should try to allow pop-ups from gtplanet.net, but no idea? I don't have any issues with these. All I do is click on the thumbnail image, and the full-sized image opens up in a new tab. Using Firefox 7.0.1 on Windows 7 (64-bit), with whatever settings I've set it at.

Any pics of the fluorescent paint at a night track?
fluorescent =/= phosphorescent
You're not going to see the paint in the dark:dunce:

I painted my SLS yellow/green fluorescent and took some photos on Nurburgring at dusk with the winter filter.
It looks like this...more or less... (I just have to remove the carbon hood, it looks awful)

2-thumb-450x300.jpg

Last edited:
fluorescent =/= phosphorescent
You're not going to see the paint in the dark:dunce:

Yea I know that, but I just wanted clarification on some of the rumors I've heard... lol

Would be pretty awesome if they did have glow-in-the-dark paints though! :P

Back