Drag Compeition - Prizes

• Thread starter squirlybmx
  • 420 comments

What should the next drag competition car be?

• FWD tuner

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • classic muslce

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's somewhere around 540 when its broken in.

Thanks man! I don't know how to tune 4WD's at all since I mostly drive RWD. I've gotten my times down into the 10.48-10.49 range now. Guess I'll keep working the set xD

I have one quick question, though, If none of you mind answering. Is it better to have a really quick ratio where you shift quickly for strong acceleration or a longer gear setup where it will pull a lot better?

Thanks man! I don't know how to tune 4WD's at all since I mostly drive RWD. I've gotten my times down into the 10.48-10.49 range now. Guess I'll keep working the set xD

I have one quick question, though, If none of you mind answering. Is it better to have a really quick ratio where you shift quickly for strong acceleration or a longer gear setup where it will pull a lot better?

A combination of both in a perfect world.

For drag its better for quick shifting; just make sure you shift around 500 RPMs after your peak HP, otherwise you're dragging out the gear too long. And make sure you don't hit the rev limiter off the line.

Also new time posted.

Thanks Kenny and Master. For some reason when I started my game up, it saved all of my times but my car didn't have any of the upgrades on it and my set wasn't saved. *irritated* So now I have to go through EVERYTHING again. Didn't know about the 500 RPM above peak HP. Thanks for that, as well.

My first time I felt was DECENT enough to post. Not much but I'm getting there. :)

syrrx3.jpg

Last edited:
You'd be amazed what small tweaks can give you in terms of timeslips. Keep workin away at it. Me and Kleo are working on the ultimate tune right now.

My time is completed and ready to be submitted. Now we wait. :)

I found an interesting and super fast start setup with shorter 1st gear and can hit 1,73Gs on start!!!
2012-02-28000047.jpg

New faster pass 10,220

I would like to share the difference with SRF on but i dont have pic
The differences are just at Gs and time
SRF on:
Gs 1,78
0-60:2,228
0-100:5,432
Time:10,199

Last edited:
2012-02-27223748.jpg

I just returned from my work and in the first pass with
twicked last gear had that result.

I'n about 5 hundredths off of your time. I'm turning 10.28's now. How much HP does your car have if you don't mind me asking? That extras 8 HP I don't have might be the difference maker :P

DrakeDuCaine
I'n about 5 hundredths off of your time. I'm turning 10.28's now. How much HP does your car have if you don't mind me asking? That extras 8 HP I don't have might be the difference maker :P

Possibly, get that 8hp. In a car like that each and every pony counts

Possibly, get that 8hp. In a car like that each and every pony counts

Got it down to 10.25's . Only 8 HP behind now so I'm RIGHT where he was at. I'm running 40 minutes to gain like 2 hp. This is crazy to spend so much time for a prize I already have. (I have two ZZII's already) XD

DrakeDuCaine
Got it down to 10.25's . Only 8 HP behind now so I'm RIGHT where he was at. I'm running 40 minutes to gain like 2 hp. This is crazy to spend so much time for a prize I already have. (I have two ZZII's already) XD

For me it's never the prize, it's for the fun of the game and friendly competition that's the real win. But I don't have time these days to participate because of uni studies and all that.

For me it's never the prize, it's for the fun of the game and friendly competition that's the real win. But I don't have time these days to participate because of uni studies and all that.

It's the same for me which is why I'm still doing it. Also might learn a few tuning tips along the way that can help me in other situations.

I'm really happy u see it that way
That is the real purpose of forum
To exchange details and become faster
I'm wright my friend???
Share everything to become better!!!!

Best I could manage is 10.228. I've gotta pack it up early tonight for a job i'm heading out of state for tomorrow. Good luck everyone. If I do get into the top 3, I won't be on PSN for a while, so just send me a PM on here or there.

Happy racing all.

Competition is over. I'll go through the times tomorrow and set the winners. PTK, where the hell did you go for this one? Either you decided to let some other people get the glory or you completely forgot about it.

eh, no I didnt forget.. I got my time awhile back, I thought it was fast enough, however it wasn't... Kleo earned it... Nice time man.

PTK
eh, no I didnt forget.. I got my time awhile back, I thought it was fast enough, however it wasn't... Kleo earned it... Nice time man.

I'll try as much as i can for all the next competitions to become the best!!!
But time will tell........

I thought we had until the 4th to post times. Nooo. D: I have a better time that I never posted because I thought I had a couple of more days. :c

Well, I decided to break my own rules a bit and allow times that were posted in text, rather than photo proof, to be allowed.

Final results:

1st. kleomenis5582 10.220

2nd. master shake 10.228

3rd. DrakeDuCaine 10.250

4th. nycboy21 10.366

5th. 71gsstage1 10.590

The prize cars will be sent out over the weekend.

I thought we had until the 4th to post times. Nooo. D: I have a better time that I never posted because I thought I had a couple of more days. :c

Well, you're still getting a Cobra R out of it! Congrats on placing top three.

If anyone would be willing to donate possible prize cars, (I don't enough to give away of those that are worthy being prizes), I'd like to hold these competitions every 2 weeks or so. Anyone like the idea?

Yeah 2 weeks is a little bit long to hold one. I think maybe they should start on Monday. Go until Friday, Prizes handed out on Saturday. Details for the next one come out on Sunday, and then it starts on Monday again? I'll get up some money to buy cars to give away if that would help.

Thanks for letting me in squirly!! Here is the proof so you know I wasn't BS'ing:

etz38m.jpg

The only problem with doing it weekly is getting cars. Premiums are pretty pointless of give away considering any seasonal will pay for most of them. I chose two weeks so there's ample time to get cars built up, give time for people to join and have time to do it if they're busy. The thing I hate about all the series' on here is how they're race this date and this time for this long. I can never join a racing league because of the late night, weekday races. Wth two weeks per competition you're bound to have time to tweak and tune to perfection no matter what your schedule is.

I also need friend request on PSN asap from the top three to make sending the cars simpler.

Last edited:
Master__Shake_
Back in town unexpectedly. I can't log onto the PSN right now, but when I can I'll send you that FR squirly

No one can log in until tomorrow. No worries though since I obviously can't log in either to send anything.

Sttrobe
Dude whered you get those three girls in your DP off from :x

It's Selena Gomez. I think it's from a music video and someone just took three shots and edited them into one. The pic is on my photobucket, I'll get it for you tonight and post it up.

Latest Posts

Back