Driver 3

Yeah, GTA is actually fun to play, unlike Driver 3. So what the graphics are pretty and has good draw distance? All it is a pretty tech demo.

GTA is amazing... all of them!

GTA (the origional) and GTA3 (liberty city) were ground breaking. Together with GT2 and GT3, there isn't a game I played more than those. Sadly though, GTA3 VICE CITY was great but for me it could never live up to the feeling that GTA3 gave me when I first played it.

We'll see what GTA3 SA does but I'm happy playing driv3r for now.

I was aprehensive with Driver 3, & after playing it for a short while it seemed I was aprehensive with good reason. But after playing it more, its good points are showing through, some of the missions are pretty cool. My fave so far was escaping Dodge Island.

Also playing take a ride is pretty fun, aiming outside the car just seems as bad as any other 3rd person game to me. Still the PC version shouldn't have that problem.

I think its a bit unfair comparing it to the GTA series, they each have their own directions. But GTA is more polished & I can't wait for GTA : SA. :)

I just got this game today and I played it for about 45 minutes on "Take a Ride". It looks pretty good but there are a lot of glitches. The first glitch that really bothered me was when I stole this guys lamborghini-lookalike and he started shooting at me but I peeled off and escaped his gunfire. But! Just as I thought I was free (after driving about 500 feet from the guy) he just appears out of nowhere next to my car and opens the door WHILE I'M DRIVING. That was f'd up. But other than that the driving is cool and unique than other driving games. The bikes are pretty neat but the donuts are kinda weak. The damage is amazing. Another thing I didn't like was the feel of speed. I was on the bike at full throttle and it felt like I was going 40mph. Anyway, I might keep the game.

On the commercial i saw a picture of a skyline any comformations since i cant find a official car l;ist and i dont feel like byeing the game

Lamboracer
On the commercial i saw a picture of a skyline any comformations since i cant find a official car l;ist and i dont feel like byeing the game

Haven't come across a skyline. Don't think it is in the game actually. In the 3 cities, each city has their own kind of cars (for example : Istanbul = kinda older looking scruffy cars plus some nice classic european cars , Nice = lots of french cars and lambo rip-offs), I don't see the skyline fit in.

does number 3 still have the burnout function like the other 2, cause i really liked the first game, even better than the second, i think the graphics r better in the first to tell u the truth. but ive like mastered all the tricks of the trade with using the burnout button.

Yeah the burnout function is still in and I've overused it I think, as it the button I always press once I get in a car, even if its a bus. Damn 18-wheeler is awesome for tearing around the streets.

Driver 3.jpg

I'm quite enjoying Driver 3, although I did get it at a discount ;)

Now I wonder if Richard Burns Rally is worth buying...

Well al i have to say is I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Even better because it was free!!! anway one quick question......what da hell is supposed to be that guy inside the stadium in Miami & the collapsable rooftop building in Nice?????? all he does is shoot u right away! and he looks like a street fighter character with n64 type textures and modelling................i mean is it supposed to be one of those little unique features in the game or are u supposed to kill him to obtain something??????

This game is a let down.Stick to driver 2.It is twice as fun.Although i do like that hotrod with the flames down th side.

T5-R
...Now I wonder if Richard Burns Rally is worth buying...

I hear it is, I also hear however that you might need a wheel to really enjoy the experience.

On topic, I don't know whether to find it shocking or not that this new installment of the Driver series is also a dud. I am intrigued that Atari couldn't develop good drawing distances, after seeing V-Rally 3 I thought for sure they were good at graphics.
Hopefully someone I know will buy the game eventually, I just want to get a good look at it. I really don't think I'm going to buy it after reading some of the collective opinions here and there.

PSM uses a rating scale of 1 through 10, 10 being the highest.

Driver 3 got a 4 out of 10...

Driver 3 PSM.jpg

This game needs to be taken out in the woods with a twelve guage loaded up with no.4 shot and used for target practice. At least then it would be usefull for something and alot more fun.

Viper Zero
PSM uses a rating scale of 1 through 10, 10 being the highest.

Driver 3 got a 4 out of 10...

Driver 3 PSM.jpg

LOL, you're going to expect people to attach value to that review if they can't even get the 3 main locations of the game right? :D

No offence.

Eventually a review only tells you how the reviewer liked the game, prejudices come in easy there. Personally I like Driv3r, haven't played it an awful lot, but I like the summer atmosphere, the graphics, the damage modeling. In short, I think it could become a hit title on PC, but on PS2... mmm dunno.

<Z>

Latest Posts

Back