(ETZ)Esattezza Autosport! Lancia Stratos "La Italiano" Model added

• Thread starter Spec M
  • 453 comments
Ooh, nice new cars. As you may have seen me mention I don't have access to my PS2 at the moment, but when I do I think I'd like to test the Monaro as well as the Z4. On one condition though, you remove the semi-racing exhaust on the Monaro and compensate with an Engine Balancing. Let that V8 roar ;)

Very well, since you seem to be a consistant customer and contributor i'll make a couple tweaks to your specification.
I'll have her ready tomorow so it will be waiting whenever you get to your PS2.

GTR THE TAMED BEAST

FOR THE SEASONED DRIVER​

tamedbeast.jpg

1'53.549 on Grand Valley Speedway (3 Lap Test)​

The tuning skills really came into work here. Theres so much to say about the developement of this car. In fact its the second version built. Every aspect of the tuning process had its own dedicated time and testing. In other words I made a tweak here then tested, made a tweak there and test and so on. Two to three laps atleast to get a feel for a difference on cold and warm tires was essential for each modification. The test track was Grand Valley Speed Way, where the infamous King M3 GT500 went under research and developement. The goal is to produce a few comrades for the King, and the GT is just one of them. I've made some innovations whil tuning this car, including using balast and distributing of over 60lbs of weight towards the front of the chassis. Raising the suspension was the complete opposite of the usual here at MKTPrecision as well as putting a considerably more amount of force on the front breaks as oppose to the rear. It has been said that S3 aren't good enough but this car will show otherwise. Theres is plenty of grip with my provided settings but you can still hear and feel the S3s holding on to the pavement fo dear life.

The initial problems with this car occur even when stock (Aids off). Touching a rumble strip or a patch of grass can lead to disaster. Braking was the infamous down fall of this machine. The rear would loose traction and put you into an inevitable spin of death. There is a considerable amount of understeer under breaking also. After tuning and test I think the most effective and rewarding modification was the ballast test, which some what distinguished the spin of death under heavy breaking. Driving this car stock with aids of or even modified similar to the GTR will show you the difference of drivability.

SPECS:
V8 DOHC 5409cc (Stock)
558PS/6500rpm
500.44ft.lb/3750rpm
Weight:1341kg

PARTS LIST
Aero: 3D Type CB
R-Brakes & Controller
FC Transmition
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tires
Weight Reduc. (Stage 3)
E46 CSL Rims (opti)

SETTINGS

Suspension
Spring Rate: 13.2 / 11.6
Ride Height: 102 / 110
Bound: 3 / 5
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 2.5 / 1.2
Toe: -1 / 2
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Trans Gears
  1. 3.760
  2. 2.488
  3. 1.798
  4. 1.364
  5. 1.086
  6. 0.909
Final: 3.360
Auto: 7

LSD
Inital Torque: 14
Accel: 45
Decel: 24-26 (Varies between cold & warm tires)

Brake Bias
Front: 9
Rear: 7

Weight Ballast
Ballast Weight: 65
Front/Rear Balance: -44

Must you guys keep bringing out interesting cars when I don't have a PS2? My list of reviews to do will be so big I'll need people on the Moon to read what's on the top of the pile of paper.:lol:

:lol:

Well, for today I only have two more to bring out including the Aston and a Saleen S7. Lol, I have a nice amount of others that I would like to present but I think I better keep them behind closed doors for the future TC. Thanks for your interest bro.

A Saleen?!!! A SALEEN????!!!!! Arrrrggggghhhhhhh :banghead: You mean I must drive that too?! Aycorumba, a good tune on that could be lethal, I'd really like to try yours. :grumpy:

:lol:

Its still under developement, hasn't been the easiest tune.

By the way: Im going to have a news headline on the first page for updates and things of that sort coming up soon.

XJ1K-R GHOST MK. 1

main.jpg

What did we compare the Twin Turbo 6 Cylinder to while testing and developing? Well it definetly wasn't a Skyline!

audir8.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway

'01 Audi R8 Race Car: 0'59.285
MKT '92 Jag XJ220 (XJ1K-R MK. 1): 1'05.458​

Maple Valley Speedway

'01 Audi R8 Race Car: 1'36.521
MKT '92 Jag XJ220 (XJ1K-R MK. 1): 1'44.838​

The purpose of this project was to create a flagship for the MKTPrecision name. The idea came about when an associate at AT Tuners gave us a few request/ideas for future MKT exclusive vehicles. On that list was the XJ220. With our Ford GT ( GT-R) being recently released and the Saleen project we were already in the super car rythm. I myself have been a fan of this car since about 1996 and had a couple bone stock ones sitting in my GT garage. Knowing the potential dual over head cam V-6 I pretty much assumed that this would put any RB26DETT or JZ80GTE to shame. But I wanted more from it than simply battling imports. I wanted a full blown road car with 1000ps with factory origins that was drivable and could be compared to a Le Mans P1 road car, not only for the shop, but for myself. Did I get it? Yes I did :sly:!
Not only does the MK. 1 have the power but it has the drivability which is most important. I have to give props to the British engineers that put there heads together on this one.

I knew it would be a great platform to begin with but, wow! While upgrading parts here in there we found that there was nothing more to do to some areas. For example, only thing that was left to do with the drivetrain was install a full custom gearbox and FC LSD. Weight reduction stages one and two were already default so we skipped to three. The engine internals were already mastered from drawing board to productions by Jaguar and so on with the rest of the upgrades. Five hours (with breaks :P) of testing and developing and we have the fastest machine MKT Precision has ever produced.

jag.jpg

SPECS
V6DOHC 3498cc
945ps/7200rpm
712.22ft.lb/4500rpm
Weight: 1330kg
Mileage: 120.6 miles (Testing)

PARTS LIST
Brake Contoller
FC Gearbox
FC LSD
Turbine Kit (Stage 4)
FC Suspension
Race Tires: R3 (Yes race tires. This is a production GT road racing car not a touge cruiser)
Weight Reduc. (Stage 3)
Driving Skills

SETTINGS

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.8 / 10.5
Ride Height: 75 / 82
Bound: 9 / 7
Rebound: 9 / 8
Camber: 3.1 / 1.3
Toe: -2 / -1
Stabilizers: 4 / 6

Gearbox
  1. 4.041
  2. 2.496
  3. 1.819
  4. 1.356
  5. 1.026
Final: 2.880
Auto: 13

Downforce
Front: 36 Rear: 39

Brake Bias
Front:9 Rear: 11

LSD Setting
Initial Torque: 11
Accel: 41
Decel: 17

THE FLAGSHIP/////////

For news and updates check the headlines on page one.
Thankx...

second.jpg

That.........looks.............:drool: I have my PS2 for a 3 day weekend :D So, where did I put that list? By my count there are 3 ghosts running around GTP in the last week. Are we becoming haunted?:lol:
But seriously, that car looks stunning and sounds fast. Where's Maple Valley Speedway?:)

Edit: Oh, and I love the inclusion of "driving skills" in the parts list :P

I bet it will.

I'm saving this garage's tunes for last, I did the MFT reviews I promised, next is TTL's Supra, then I'll come here and get driving.

A man after my own heart it would seem from the look of the marques making their appearances here. I've spent the past few years tuning and driving the panoply of Lotus, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mercedes, TVR and BMW models, usually with the aim of gaining as many A-Spec points as I could.

I notice in your 'news' brief at the head of the thread that you're considering an Esprit tune? I don't know if it'll help but I have quite an array of Esprit set-ups available over at GTVault. They range from 200 A-Spec builds to a high powered R-tyred variant and cover all the models. Have a look and see what you think. I shall be eagerly watching these pages to see how our 'visions' compare 👍.

A man after my own heart it would seem from the look of the marques making their appearances here. I've spent the past few years tuning and driving the panoply of Lotus, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mercedes, TVR and BMW models, usually with the aim of gaining as many A-Spec points as I could.

I notice in your 'news' brief at the head of the thread that you're considering an Esprit tune? I don't know if it'll help but I have quite an array of Esprit set-ups available over at GTVault. They range from 200 A-Spec builds to a high powered R-tyred variant and cover all the models. Have a look and see what you think. I shall be eagerly watching these pages to see how our 'visions' compare 👍.

Hey I appreciate the recognition. Actually at the moment I'm interested in hiring some help around here. I dont know if your already involved with a tuning organization but if your not, our doors here are open to you mate. Every manufacturer you mentioned drew about 90% of my attention, so it seems we have the same interest. If you would like to take up the offer just contact via PM. If not, I'm still interested in some of your ideas :cheers:

Darmy im sure you'll like the CV8.
Its a fun drive and it can prove those "heavy and big" stereo types totally wrong.
Have fun mate! 👍

er hmmm....AT your sister organisation...you better think of us as a big sister...

Yes of course Dimplz.., AT is the big sister organization.

But.., we are allied so it doesn't matter who's bigger does it. :P

Aussie Tuners may be the big sister, but it won't have any (el zilcho, nada) effect on the way things are done. Now then, I have a present for you:
Z4 Challenge Review
This car is great, the handling is fast yet fun and the car is easy to control. The turn-in was alright, nice and controlled, and the car had very little understeer, and when you did stray out wide a little bit a quick punch of the accelerator gets the tail out and you're back on line. The car had pretty good lateral grip, and something about it meant I could play GT4 again without problem unlike yesterday when I had troubles getting back into the rhythm after playing GT5. Oh and did I mention this car is pretty quick too? Yep, just under 2mins at GVS, and any sub 2min run at GVS on sport tyres I consider pretty quick, given the fastet R34 GT-R will run in the 2'05s on S3 only. Top car mate. 👍 Well worth the wait. Although.........I think with a tiny bit of suspension (softer springs) combined with LSD work it could be better and faster.

SPORT V6 PHASE-3 WRC

clio6.jpg

The Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2 is a god among hot hatches and factory tuned vehicles. Keiichi Tsuchiya called it a true factory tuned machine, while comparing it to a Elise 111R, M3 CSL, Nismo Z S-Tune and others. Usually a factory tuned car may have a stiffend suspension setup, mild weight reduction, moderate power increase etc. But the engineers at Renault took the original FF Clio Sport and turned it into a unrecognizable machine. The most noticeable changes is the fact that the engine is no longer in the front but behind the passengers. Not to mention the totally revamped exterior with wider fenders, air ducts, and full functionality. It went from a inline 4 to a dual over head cam V6 with a naturally aspirated 260hp.

I first fell in love with this car in '03-04, first seeing it in the PGR2 game. Then it was featured in BMI's Factory Fighters DVD. I was amazed by this car and it seemed everyone including DK looked at it as if it was something from the future. Note, there was a BMW M3 CSL there and an Elise 111R. The tweaked power output on the 111R wasn't enough to be admired as much as the Clio Sport. But the M3 CSL did seem to be just as admirable with its carbon fiber roof and interior trim.

They named it the Phase 2. Here at MKTPrecision we wanted to take it to Phase 3 and beyond. The plan was to create a modern day MR, WRC like vehicle. And in order to do that we had to compare it to a WRC type vehicle. Production street car vs. Full blown race car.., again.

imprezawrc.jpg

'03 Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car, 351hp​

Costa Di Amalfi 1 Lap Heat​

1. IMPREZA Rally Car: 2'04.645

2. Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 (MKT V6 PHASE 3): 2'08.064

With the power and aerodynamic advantage of the Impreza and the shown results, I conclude this project to be a complete sucess. Keep your eyes on the headlines for news on the next version.., PHASE 4.​

SPECS
V6DOHC 2946cc
301ps/7150rpm
255.18ft.lb/4650rpm
Weight: 1190kg

PARTS LIST
R Brakes & Controller
N/A Tuned (Stage 1)
Port Polish
R Chip
FC Trans
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tires
Weight Reduc. (Stage 3)

SETTINGS

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.8 / 8.8
Ride Height: 84 / 85
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 7 / 8
Camber: 2.6 / 1.4
Toe: -1
Stabilizers: 4 / 5

Trans Gears
  1. 3.066
  2. 2.117
  3. 1.568
  4. 1.216
  5. 0.988
  6. 0.840
Final: 4.070
Auto: 10

LSD (Default)
Torque: 10
Accel: 40
Decel:20

Brake Bias
Front: 5
Reat: 6

clio63.jpg

LATER.

Aussie Tuners may be the big sister, but it won't have any (el zilcho, nada) effect on the way things are done. Now then, I have a present for you:
Z4 Challenge Review
This car is great, the handling is fast yet fun and the car is easy to control. The turn-in was alright, nice and controlled, and the car had very little understeer, and when you did stray out wide a little bit a quick punch of the accelerator gets the tail out and you're back on line. The car had pretty good lateral grip, and something about it meant I could play GT4 again without problem unlike yesterday when I had troubles getting back into the rhythm after playing GT5. Oh and did I mention this car is pretty quick too? Yep, just under 2mins at GVS, and any sub 2min run at GVS on sport tyres I consider pretty quick, given the fastet R34 GT-R will run in the 2'05s on S3 only. Top car mate. 👍 Well worth the wait. Although.........I think with a tiny bit of suspension (softer springs) combined with LSD work it could be better and faster.

Thanks for the review mate. Very impressive time on GVS, im in the mood to take her out for a few laps right now. Im going to play with the settings also and see what I can do. I see you've noticed that she has excelent drivability. Its the type of car that you can get in and just go. when it comes to the larger radius turns/sweepers a little driver skill comes in handy. I see you knew how to handle it before it even becam an issue though. Great review bro.

By the way I haven't forgot to tweak the CV8 for you. I just wanted to make sure I test drive it and change the Spec sheet and haven't had time yet...,
Thanks

OK, I haven't bought it yet. My bro is watching a movie, so I'm playing the PS3 (on a separate TV in my room). That Z4 is indeed a nice car though.

Lol.., Thanks, if you need a set-up for one of your own cars let me know and I'll be proud to help.

SPIRRA GTR4 Road Version.

side.jpg

I've always taken interest into this vehicle. But lately I've just fallen in love with it. In fact, I like it so much I'm going to release two versions of it simultaneously! The physique of this car is simply stunning, its enough to make mes say "Lamborghini Garwhatsmo?". Response from the V8 powerplant is amazing, it just never seems to stop accelerating. The GTR4 Road Version has been tuned to pretty much be driven anywhere. We've tested on Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and other similar courses. The cars cornering is close to flawless, doing what ever the skilled driver wants. But dont be fooled its not some simple boring drive, the car can be casually drifted to shave time of your laps. Though its not tuned for drifting, it is tuned to get the job done by any means necessary. Later on we will be comparing this car to a world race car just to show its full potential. Even though its the street version, FIA GT cars with the same power out put will still have a difficult time staying close behind this MKTPrecision tuned machine. The GTR LM/Motorsport wil be coming soon check the following post or the news headlines for details.

SPECS
V8DOHC 4601cc
398PS/6000RPM
378.64ft.lbs/4750rpm
Weight: 1096kg

PARTS LIST
R Brakes & Controller
N/A Tuned (Stage 2)
Port Polish
R Chip
FC Trans
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
RC Suspension
S3 Tires
Skills
Weight Reduc. (Stage 3)

SETTINGS

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.6 / 7.8
Ride Height: 108 / 110
Bound: 6 / 7
Rebound: 7 / 8
Camber: 2.6 / 1.0
Toe: -1 / 1
Stabilizers: 4 / 4

Trans Gears
  1. 3.245
  2. 2.199
  3. 1.612
  4. 1.238
  5. 0.997
  6. 0.842
Final: 3.440
Auto: 11

LSD
Initial: 10
Accel: 45
Decel: 18

Brake Bias
Front: 6
Rear: 7

rearquarter.jpg

Lap Comparison Times Coming Soon

GTR LM/Motorsport

GTfront.jpg

Our motorsport version of the Proto Spirra has been sucessfully completed. Named the GTR LM/Motorsport its oriented much like our XJ220 but, with an estimated 500 less horse power so it can be made more adaptable to different road/course types. We've also setup the car so that S3s and R2s can be interchangable and not have a negative effect on cornering and acceleration. With a simple degrade of the exhaust system this car can be easily intergrated into a GT500 race class. Also you may find this car to be suprisingly more of a calm drive than the actual Road Version we produced recentley. Actually when it comes to the physics of the car it handles extremely and oddly similar to the Racecar we compared it to while testing and developing.

The Opposition: Keiichi Tsuchiya's Arta NSX
arta.jpg

Once again we compare our street oriented setup to a full blown real world race car. We pick this particular car because obviously it is in the same power range, is also a mid-engine and also very popular. We compared our Spirra on S3's and R2's to the JGTC GT500 NSX and have gotten great results exceeding our expectations. Test were held on Trial Mountain and Mid-Field. These two tracks were selected to show the veratility of our setup, (one course having bumpy unleveled roads and the other being flat/smooth with little elevation).

LAPS TIMES

Mid-Field Raceway

SPIRRA (R2s): 1'08.895

ARTA NSX (R2s): 1'10.495

SPIRRA (S3s): 1'13.530

Trial Mountain

SPIRRA (R2s): 1'24.709

ARTA NSX (R2s): 1'24.787

SPIRRA (S3s): 1'29.589​

SPECS
V8 DOHC 4601cc
524PS/600rpm
Weight: 1096kg

PARTS LIST
3D Type CB Wing
R Exhaust
R Brakes & Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
R Chip
FC Trans
TR Clutch
R Flywheel
FC LSD
Supercharger
FC Suspension
Tires: R2s & S3s
Weight Reduc. (Stage 3)
Roll Cage

SETTINGS

Suspension
Rates: 8.8 / 11.8
Height: 109 / 111
Bound: 6 / 8
Rebound: 6 / 7
Camber: 2.5 / 1.3
Toe: 0 / 1
Stablilizers: 4 / 7

Trans Gears
  1. 3.197
  2. 2.004
  3. 1.453
  4. 1.190
  5. 0.967
  6. 0.815
Final: 3.440
Auto: 12

LSD
Initial: 10
Accel: 44
Decel: 24

Brake Bias (Optional, default is fine)
Front: 4
Rear: 5

Aero
Front: 22
Rear: 27

I dont know bro but you can check the headlines and see that this has been under planning.
I dont understand the point of you posting this..,
Thats like me saying, Why are you retuning yours when I just posted two:rolleyes:
I actually dont even know what garage your with, I usually stay in my own unless I have something constructive to contribute to anothers.

He was going to do a spot race in the Spirras. He's not in a garage, but be nice, we all know each other pretty well here. Me and Mustang go a while back now right?

Back