Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Thomas had said that until they have stock sitting in the warehouse and people don't have to preorder, EVERYONE gets the lower price. So the more orders, the better the price for everyone.

I ordered a CSR-E on November 17th 2011 (first batch I think), I received my code and ordered my CSW V2 this morning. Maybe this info helps others see where they are in line.

Last edited:
I ordered my CSR Elite on nov. 17th 2011 as well (actually the 16th, according to paypal) but havent received anything. Im in europe though.

So they have changed the order or something? It was said that invites are first sent to V1 owners and then Elite etc. Now, Elite owners still get first as I read here although doesn't matter to me, won't be ordering anyway when I'll get the invite.

Ordered my Elite on the 16th November and was sent a code 9 hours ago (Scotland).

I want to order it, but if it's not compatible with Xbox one, then I won't use it.
Code expires on the 24th, if I buy now, delivery won't be until November sometime at the earliest. The last time that I ordered then cancelled something, I lost a shed load of money due to exchange rates and don't want to go through that again. I suppose I could sell it on though.

Come on Thomas, settle the compatibility rumours and speculation and just tell us what console you've done a deal with.

Ordered my Elite on the 16th November and was sent a code 9 hours ago (Scotland).

I want to order it, but if it's not compatible with Xbox one, then I won't use it.
Code expires on the 24th, if I buy now, delivery won't be until November sometime at the earliest. The last time that I ordered then cancelled something, I lost a shed load of money due to exchange rates and don't want to go through that again. I suppose I could sell it on though.

Come on Thomas, settle the compatibility rumours and speculation and just tell us what console you've done a deal with.

I cannot tell you at the moment. But I am sure you won't regret your purchase ;)

Nice to see Fanatec following the rules on the order of how they said invites would be sent out :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the so called "first come first served" fiasco when the CSR Elite first shipped.

GT6 and the CSWv2 after 1.12+hotfix:

Earlier I wrote that it basically sucked to play GT6 with this wheel. However, with the new update I have to get back on that.
GT6 is proper fun and you can feel road noise and tyre chatter now. So there is a whole lot more going on. Still it has some oscillation quirks but it has improved a WHOLE LOT.

I noticed though that the 'Torque' slider was nothing more than a strength slider.
The other slider, the FFB sensitivity slider, was an interesting one. I noticed that this was acting more like a 'tighten around center' type of effect but... slightly different. Plus there is an inversion going on half-way. The slider has a positive inversion when using it with setting 6 to 10 (causing more oscillation). With settings 1-4 it has a negative inversion on the effect (causing the wheel to pull into the wrong direction). On 5 it has a neutral 'standing'.

My advice if you guys buy a CSWv2, and maybe it can be used on the CSWv1 or others, is as follows.

FFB Type: Simulation
Power-steering: Off
FFB Torque: 10
FFB Sensitivity: 5
Wheel settings: Default / Default+DRI-3 / Default+DRI-3+FOR-150 / Default+DRI-5+FOR-150

Personally I liked the default with a DRI-3 to be the nicest feeling in most cars. If you want that bit more 'POWER!!!' for those cars without powersteering... add FOR-150.

All in all I am having great fun again with GT6, even though it's not as good as pCARS will (but that's on next-gen anyway... so not fair to compare).

So yeah, I take back what I said about GT6 with this wheel. It is truly a blast and I think i'll fire up GT6 a lot more in the next days. :)

Received my code yesterday, Fanatec is unavailable now..? Noooooo :D

Better to wait a couple of hours as I confirmed already....Let's F5 for a couple of hours in Hotmail ;)

I noticed though that the 'Torque' slider was nothing more than a strength slider.
The other slider, the FFB sensitivity slider, was an interesting one. I noticed that this was acting more like a 'tighten around center' type of effect but... slightly different. Plus there is an inversion going on half-way. The slider has a positive inversion when using it with setting 6 to 10 (causing more oscillation). With settings 1-4 it has a negative inversion on the effect (causing the wheel to pull into the wrong direction). On 5 it has a neutral 'standing'.
Interesting: on the T500 it feels to me like FFB sensitivity simply adds damping and spring from none to lots as you raise the slider. For instance that VGT car time trial around Bathurst: any setting above 1 for FFB Sensitivity causes the wheel to oscillate heavily on straights.

I tried FF sensitivity > 5 but it just seemed to blanket the wheel in a nasty soupy feel. But I was mostly running road cars, so i'll experiment with other cars and see.

For reference, with 3/1 (torque/sensitivity) the T500 feels close to how it was at GT6 launch with FFB=3. But unlike back then, higher torque now doesn't come with associated extra centering spring.

Earlier I wrote that it basically sucked to play GT6 with this wheel. However, with the new update I have to get back on that.
GT6 is proper fun and you can feel road noise and tyre chatter now. So there is a whole lot more going on. Still it has some oscillation quirks but it has improved a WHOLE LOT.

My advice if you guys buy a CSWv2, and maybe it can be used on the CSWv1 or others, is as follows.

FFB Type: Simulation
Power-steering: Off
FFB Torque: 10
FFB Sensitivity: 5
Wheel settings: Default / Default+DRI-3 / Default+DRI-3+FOR-150 / Default+DRI-5+FOR-150

Personally I liked the default with a DRI-3 to be the nicest feeling in most cars. If you want that bit more 'POWER!!!' for those cars without powersteering... add FOR-150.

All in all I am having great fun again with GT6, even though it's not as good as pCARS will (but that's on next-gen anyway... so not fair to compare).

So yeah, I take back what I said about GT6 with this wheel. It is truly a blast and I think i'll fire up GT6 a lot more in the next days. :)

Yeah. I like GT6 with the CSW V1. It's been a blast and the updated FF settings have been interesting to play with. I was trying different settings to see what was better and for the most part I like the feel. Sadly, my CSW base shut off on it's own after an hour and a half of playing GT6 =( I was in the middle of a race at Monza and my car turned hard left. I then noticed the base had completely shut off. I was able to turn it back on, but as soon as you turn the wheel it shuts off again. So... I guess this is the motors failing as a lot of folks reported? Or could it be something else?

Received my code yesterday, Fanatec is unavailable now..? Noooooo :D

Better to wait a couple of hours as I confirmed already....Let's F5 for a couple of hours in Hotmail ;)
Fixed, v2 + universal hub ordered 👍

Now to find that nice 300mm alcantara wheel again I've seen a couple of months ago.....Somewhere :indiff:

So they have changed the order or something? It was said that invites are first sent to V1 owners and then Elite etc. Now, Elite owners still get first as I read here although doesn't matter to me, won't be ordering anyway when I'll get the invite.

I understood it as the people who recently pre-ordered the v1 would be shipped theirs first not the ones who have already ordered them.

I understood it as the people who recently pre-ordered the v1 would be shipped theirs first not the ones who have already ordered them.
This is exactly right. Those who had ordered a V1 but where waiting on stock will get the first units. They will then be offered to previous customers who have already bought the V1 or CSR Elite and be dependent on their order date.

Interesting: on the T500 it feels to me like FFB sensitivity simply adds damping and spring from none to lots as you raise the slider. For instance that VGT car time trial around Bathurst: any setting above 1 for FFB Sensitivity causes the wheel to oscillate heavily on straights.

I tried FF sensitivity > 5 but it just seemed to blanket the wheel in a nasty soupy feel. But I was mostly running road cars, so i'll experiment with other cars and see.

For reference, with 3/1 (torque/sensitivity) the T500 feels close to how it was at GT6 launch with FFB=3. But unlike back then, higher torque now doesn't come with associated extra centering spring.

Interesting. I didn't feel any added damper myself. I tried the sensitivity slider in multiple positions.
I think it all works a bit differently for the G25/27 and thus also for the CSW v1/v2.

FMW
Yeah. I like GT6 with the CSW V1. It's been a blast and the updated FF settings have been interesting to play with. I was trying different settings to see what was better and for the most part I like the feel. Sadly, my CSW base shut off on it's own after an hour and a half of playing GT6 =( I was in the middle of a race at Monza and my car turned hard left. I then noticed the base had completely shut off. I was able to turn it back on, but as soon as you turn the wheel it shuts off again. So... I guess this is the motors failing as a lot of folks reported? Or could it be something else?

Like Erik has already said. The motors are overheating.
The CSW just shuts down in the same way an hairdryer shuts down when it gets too hot. Which means you can't switch it back on again until the motors have cooled down.

But yeah... Time to bug Fanatec CS probably.

Just realised that I get sent another pre-order code when my V2 ships. So I will be making a post here when I have it and the first person to quote that post will get the code!

Rhaaaaa I can not manage to proceed to checkout with PayPal. It always says "Invalid transaction".... :banghead:
I saw this posted over at the Fanatec site and Thomas replied saying to call the sales team and they would sort it out.

I cannot tell you at the moment. But I am sure you won't regret your purchase ;)

Sure smells like an unofficial XB1 compatibility confirmation to me :P

Back