Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I can post my v2 settings when I get back to my wheel. I only race on iracing and a little Richard burns rally here and there so not sure how much will transfer over to other sims. I actually have yet to even try the v2 on RBR.

Depending on the sim you will find set up information on their relevant forums. For instance, on the AC forums there is a pinned Fanatec Controller topic that has a lot of information and a lot of users post their settings in their signatures.

The baseline settings I use are:
Fanatec Driver: v205 64Bit
Fanatec Firmware: 065
SEN: This depends on the sim and car. For instance in rfactor I set this value differently for each car I drive but in Assetto Corsa you can generally leave it at 900. There is software you can use called Fanaleds that you can set up which will adjust this value per car for you though.
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: OFF
LIN: OFF
DEA: OFF in AC, 010 in rfactor, just experiment with it if you feel the sim needs a bit of deadzone at centre
DRI: 003
FOR: I adjust this per car and track, as I reduce the in game Ffb gain per car based on the anti clipping tool. If the gain is at 90% I would set this at say 110 but if I set the gain to 70% I would set this to 130. Just experiment.
SPR: OFF
DPR: 020

hey punk! do these problems also occur on v1 wheelbases :confused:

on my old v1 base my bmw rim fits in nicely. :)
I believe it's only the v2 base.

Well I have finished reassembling the rim. Polished the inside of the QR and also the shaft of the base and it now goes on and off as easily as the Forumla rim, whilst it's still as solid as a rock, no wiggle or lateral movement at all. Used new grease when reinstalling the ball bearings and also used a very light coat on the overall surface inside the QR. Also used new loctite on all the screws.

Hi everyone. Just to know, for those who preordered the wheel in the first days of jan (and the shipment is for the end of march), is someone receiving a tracking number for the shipment already? is there a possibility to have it sooner, or is the exact end of march?

Good news! I received an email tonight with tracking number. I should have my wheel back tomorrow. I hope you get your back soon too @Blkout. :)

How about I contacted the live chat tech support this morning and asked for the status on my repair and they replied back in about 30 seconds and said my wheel is already on its way back to me. He then gave me the tracking number and FedEx shows its supposed to arrive today.

Hell Yea!

Hi everyone. Just to know, for those who preordered the wheel in the first days of jan (and the shipment is for the end of march), is someone receiving a tracking number for the shipment already? is there a possibility to have it sooner, or is the exact end of march?

Hi fet_thunderdome,
I did the order in mid november, with estimated shipping date 30th January, and still know nothing. Be patient, although I can not! jejeje

Regards

How about I contacted the live chat tech support this morning and asked for the status on my repair and they replied back in about 30 seconds and said my wheel is already on its way back to me. He then gave me the tracking number and FedEx shows its supposed to arrive today.

Hell Yea!
Awesome.

I now have the wheel back and it is not the wheel I returned. It appears to be a completely new wheel.

Good Times!

Edit: It came with the latest firmware. (065)

Last edited:
So my v2 base and pedals are due to ship end of January. I was hoping that the xbox one wheel would be available before they shipped, but unfortunately not.

Now im tryinh to figure out what wheel rim to order as im thinking about just building a new pc.

Any suggestions? I heard the bmw wheel is pretty heavy and may have a negative effect on the force feedback.

I reallt like the looks of the f1 wheel. But will be driving other types as well.

Any suggestions would be great

@SASKCHAUCH

I'd say it depends, if you want customization and the ability to use whatever wheel rim you want, even aftermarket rims, you want the Universal Hub. If you don't care about using different rims and customization, I would go with the Porsche 918 rim since its about 30% lighter than the BMW GT rim. If you like Formula racing a lot, obviously you want the Formula rim.

I own the universal hub and GT rim, and a carbon formula rim. I like them both. I would be tempted to buy the Porsche 918 rim but I have two already and I'm waiting on the Xbox One rims.

Whereas I have both the Formula rim and BMW rim and love them both, for pretty close to what it costs just for the Porsche rim.

The feeling of the Alcantara makes it feel like you are holding a real race car steering wheel, the BMW rim looks so business and is a good size, the Formula rim is perfect for the McLaren GT3 as well as formula cars, and because I like to drive the McLaren a lot I wanted the right steering wheel :)

Porsche rim looks nice but it doesn't look like a race car steering wheel, more like a nice exotic sports car steering wheel.

I honestly haven't felt the extra weight of the BMW rim being an issue even after using the Formula rim.

I have never seen a proper Fanatec wheel tuning thread. It is a good idea :)

I think there are a lot of settings on f-wheel.com

Edit: seems that all settings are quite old. No GT6 in games list nor CSW V2 in wheels list.

ya that the sight i was refering to. nothing new. thanks

Honestly, keep everything at stock and turn off the dampener and spring. The only settings you should fiddle with are the in game ones. With certain cars, certain situations (drifting and rallying) the drift setting might be useful, but otherwise the above is best.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered my wheel in november and I still havent received a tracking # or anything. I have a US invite, but i dont think you need one anymore in USA.

Back