Far Cry 4 (November 18)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 212 comments
I unlocked coop yesterday too, and I just did a fast spin with a friend because it was a bit late, but it is really really fun.
A question to PC players. Did you get some choppy framerate when driving fast? At the other moments framerate is just fine on Ultra settings.

Truly loving everything about this game. Played quite a few hours of co-op over the weekend and it just runs so flawless. I have actually lost track of how many epic events and moments I have run into with this game. I think I have at least 20-25 "xbox record that" moments. One moment I looked out of the corner of my eye and watched an eagle fly down from the sky, grab a goat, and fly off!!! And yes I have an xbox record that video of the event.. :eek: Such an epic game.

Only minor issue I have is I keep maxing out money and currently don't have anything to spend it on. I get to around 1 million, then max out and cant collect anything. So I just start throwing grenades and using excessive ammo just to spend money. I plan to increase my wallet but still currently wont know what to spend it on. I do loot everything so maybe I should loot less.
Nice, having record features is perfect for this game...they should have called this game Far Cry: Never a Dull Moment, Do You Realize You've Been Playing for 7 Hours?

The first things I did with co op is upgrade all of my crafting items to 3/4 except one that needs snow leopards. Right now I have 2 mil max but once you do a few missions for Yogi you will have the chance to spend all of your dough. I've yet get back to 2 mil again, but getting close again.

So far I've made 2 maps, one Extraction and one Hunt. The cool thing I like about the ai is each time I would test my maps, it was different each time, they'd walk different paths etc.

Got it yesterday.

Awesome looking game. Though the PC port is a bit rubbish, hopefully some patching will adress the stuttering issues.
Depending on the options it's really present.

Played 4 hours, 3% :lol:

Going for an objective, seeing a animal, ..."I need that fur!!!" ...hours gone :lol:

Hopefully my new 970gtx will arrive soon. Want to see it on Ultra :D

Got it yesterday.

Awesome looking game. Though the PC port is a bit rubbish, hopefully some patching will adress the stuttering issues.
Depending on the options it's really present.

Played 4 hours, 3% :lol:

Going for an objective, seeing a animal, ..."I need that fur!!!" ...hours gone :lol:

Hopefully my new 970gtx will arrive soon. Want to see it on Ultra :D
Glad you are enjoying it and yes it is very hard not to get distracted in this game. In a good way. There is always some dynamic event happening, or an objective, or something you want to collect, or something to shoot. If you think it is fun now, wait until you play the co-op with a buddy. Insanely fun and very hard to put down!! And stunning graphically.

Yeah it's a great game. Ragdolls are awesome. Wildlife, just freaking cool, taking a ride on an elephant stomping enemies into the ground or throwing the around. Loving it.

Edit, since yesterdays patch, I have no stuttering no more, even on my 570gtx. (not on ultra, obviously)

Have to agree with the sentiment here. After FC3 (which I thought was okay, but not super) I didn't expect this one to be this good, but it actually is. This will be my main time sink for the upcoming weeks. :D

Hi there guys,
When starting a coop do we need to be at some location?
I`ve try yesterday to do a coop with a friend and we could´t connect, i´m using PS4.
I suspect it has something to do with my only 1 mg/s upload speed:(
Any suggestions?

A tender moment, in death...

Don't look if you are at all homophobic.

Far Cry® 4_20141127134949.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there guys,
I`ve try yesterday to do a coop with a friend and we could´t connect, i´m using PS4.
Any suggestions?
I think it must be the connection. When I did it last week it made no difference where I was, I got taken to where my friend was. Weird thing is though, it doesn't put any gamer IDs up, so I wasn't sure it was my friend at first.

Hi there guys,
Any suggestions?
I agree with Meanelf, most likely a connection issue but a couple ideas. Make sure both parties have gotten far enough in single player to unlock co op, finishing Act 1, Incursion should be last mission before this unlocks. Also when sending invites, try both in game and PS dashboard invite. Just some ideas that may help?

Has anyone got one of the keys to kyrat to work with someone? I've tried inviting several friends and it never works. I've had no trouble at all with playing with people who own the game but I can't get the trial to work at all.

Has anyone got one of the keys to kyrat to work with someone? I've tried inviting several friends and it never works. I've had no trouble at all with playing with people who own the game but I can't get the trial to work at all.
Yes, I was talking about the same, my problem is with the Keys to Kyrat and the trial version, test it with three friends none of them work.
It´s not a connection problem, I´ve been on coop with some random dude....

Some Pictures....

Far Cry® 4_20141126225140.jpg
Far Cry® 4_20141129023814.jpg
Far Cry® 4_20141129030711.jpg
Far Cry® 4_20141129155002.jpg
Far Cry® 4_20141122195854.jpg

Only minor issue I have is I keep maxing out money and currently don't have anything to spend it on. I get to around 1 million, then max out and cant collect anything.
I'm the same. I tend to get absolutely everything, but I had to give up after a few hours because it was a complete waste. In the end, I just switched the crates off in the map.

Only minor issue I have is I keep maxing out money and currently don't have anything to spend it on. I get to around 1 million, then max out and cant collect anything. So I just start throwing grenades and using excessive ammo just to spend money. I plan to increase my wallet but still currently wont know what to spend it on. I do loot everything so maybe I should loot less.

I'm the same. I tend to get absolutely everything, but I had to give up after a few hours because it was a complete waste. In the end, I just switched the crates off in the map.

You guys need a 5.000.000,00k wallet :sly: like mine...:cool: :lol:

Still having a blast with this game. Quick question. Where is the harpoon gun? I pre-ordered the game and entered the code but I still don't have the gun yet. I have been working for Hurk but maybe I have not completed enough of his missions?

On the topic of money, I am now able to hold 2 million.

yeah after you beat the 3 Hurk missions. Also a little cheat/boost, if you are host of a co-op game, if your buddy has guns you want, just have him drop them and you will automatically unlock them. Only works for non-quest guns, from what I can tell. I didn't want to play the arena so I just had my buddy drop the Bushmaster.

Gee this game is a massive time soak isn't it.
Due to real life commitments I normally get the chance for an hour or two at night once the kids are in bed.

Problem is I normally say to myself, right tonight I'll take this outpost that tower etc etc. Never happens though as I get sidetracked doing something else. :lol:

Not complaining as I haven't had as much fun gaming in a long time. As others have mentioned the co-op is an absolute blast to play with a mate. The mortars are insanely fun and damaging. Anyone tried the multiplayer yet? From what I gather it's 5v5 and I'll assume it's in a smallish part of the map.

Oh yeah almost forgot 🤬 you eagles.

The few that I have picked up mostly relate to the storyline.

I got one for completing Act One and joining the Golden Path, and my second one came when I kidnapped La Fleur. I'm assuming others will come from crossing into Northern Kyrat, and for taking down Noore, Yuma and Pagan.

Pardon the double-post, but does anyone have any good tactics for taking out heavies? I just spent the better part of two hours trying to claim the (weakened) Varshakot Fortress by stealth, but there are two heavies, and even with the Heavy Takedown skill, I can't do it. I can do everything else pretty quickly, but once I get down to the two heavies, they start circling the central plinth. I managed to lure one away with a stone, but the other one spotted me when I took him out. So I'm hoping that there is something that can neutralise them quickly, but even the Predator rifle can't do it.

Hmmmm, I usually just toss c4 or mines down but seeing how you want to be stealthy, I don't know of any other way aside from the heavy takedown. Maybe toss some meat down to distract them?

yeah after you beat the 3 Hurk missions. Also a little cheat/boost, if you are host of a co-op game, if your buddy has guns you want, just have him drop them and you will automatically unlock them. Only works for non-quest guns, from what I can tell. I didn't want to play the arena so I just had my buddy drop the Bushmaster.
I completed a couple of his missions and don't see the "H" on the map for him anymore. I am currently stuck on a mission that involves a LOT of sneaking. The checkpoints don't seem to save until I finish all the parts so I aborted the mission. I am guessing it is a main mission so I will get to that some other day. Hoping the H appears so I can finish the Hurk missions to get the harpoon gun.

Gee this game is a massive time soak isn't it.
Due to real life commitments I normally get the chance for an hour or two at night once the kids are in bed.

Problem is I normally say to myself, right tonight I'll take this outpost that tower etc etc. Never happens though as I get sidetracked doing something else. :lol:

Not complaining as I haven't had as much fun gaming in a long time. As others have mentioned the co-op is an absolute blast to play with a mate. The mortars are insanely fun and damaging. Anyone tried the multiplayer yet? From what I gather it's 5v5 and I'll assume it's in a smallish part of the map.

Oh yeah almost forgot 🤬 you eagles.
I actually like how easy it is to get distracted and sidetracked in this game. The dynamic events seem to happen every couple minutes which keeps this world VERY alive and never ever a dull moment. :D

No I have not tried the vs multiplayer yet.

Pardon the double-post, but does anyone have any good tactics for taking out heavies? I just spent the better part of two hours trying to claim the (weakened) Varshakot Fortress by stealth, but there are two heavies, and even with the Heavy Takedown skill, I can't do it. I can do everything else pretty quickly, but once I get down to the two heavies, they start circling the central plinth. I managed to lure one away with a stone, but the other one spotted me when I took him out. So I'm hoping that there is something that can neutralise them quickly, but even the Predator rifle can't do it.

Snipe them in the head with a supressed .50 cal gun, or use my best friend M79 granade launcher...
BTH you can dissable the alarms with gun shots.. ;)

Do the First willis mission
(incase people don't want to know when its available)
and you will get access to the Z93 .50 cal, put a suppressor on it and the heavies will not be a problem then onwards.

...does anyone have any good tactics for taking out heavies?
Perhaps unorthodox and potentially frustrating to set up correctly...
I sniped the snipers on the wall from the high ground adjoining the fortress, then went to the South sniper nest and waited until the heavies were together...then I hit them with the mortar. I was only spotted at the end, by which time the heavies were cooked meat.

Anyone knows what are the hidden trophies?
I thought I'd found one when I saved a camp from counter-attack whilst in a Buzzer. It turns out that the 'Drive by' trophy is for any vehicle.

Last edited:
The game is amazing.

My most fond memory out of the box is coming up to a cliff, gorgeous view and a music playing heavily inspired by the Thing theme.

The 970 boosts my graphics now to ultra at 1080p.

Simply breathtaking vistas .... and action ;)

So considering this might be the first PS title I will Platinum, and having 3 trophies left, one being finish a match of each game type in MP, I gave it a go. Pretty cool, the Outpost mode is something I could play off and on.

Back