FFB 1.12 Update

• Thread starter DRambo
  • 758 comments
don't know whether they further fiddled with this in 1.13, but it seems its playable again with the g25 with the right settings. i would suggest everyone with a logitech wheel to set torque to 10 and sensivity to 5.
it feels as if with a lower sensivity setting the forces start too late and with a higher setting they act too soon. so around 5 is something like a neutral setting. it also resolves the ffb deadzone somehow and now i can drive pretty much as i could before the 1.12 update.

i have not tried the lotus, though.

Ok- been out of town and fired up the game and like an idiot I did the update thinking "yay more content". Now I'm left with a dead wheel that could be used by a 3yr old driving with their big toe. So- what if I just deleted everything on my ps3 related to GT6- and bought 20,000,000 credits from the ps store to buy back all my cars?--- could I do that without having to update to current version?

I know I would lose the senna stuff and online play- which I was excited about but it mostly sucks anyway.

This is 10x cheaper then the good thrust master wheel and its ****** pedals. Thoughts?

I cranked the ffb settings all the way up and they are still too weak- feels like a cheap crappy toy now- so if you could- please elaborate on what u just said-- what are these tricks u speak of and more importantly- how can I revert back to a specific release version (1.09) to keep the senna content? I didn't think that was possible

Been playing it a lot more. Maybe my hands are numb but I can find NOTHING about this "update" that had improved the feel of my G27. I guess I'm gonna have to start back at ground zero and buy GT5 all over again.

Thanks PD for RUINING my game. What pisses me off the most is I dont my think they have any plans of getting a fix out- they think they already fixed it!! *^#%^*€¥£€^+^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It IS more realistic to have to grip a race car's wheel with 2 hands to keep control over it then it would be to drive it with your pinky finger just to be able to feel the wheel go even lighter when you lock your fronts into a turn. Before the patch you could REALLY feel the curbs in the wheel- now I only feel them through my butt kicker. This is NOT progress

Do you really think so??? do you think race cars dont have power steering? how do they counter steer so quickly in GT3, DTM, F1, etc... do you follow F1? remember Kimi having trouble with the lotus (2 years ago) at first because he thought the steering was too light and he couldnt feel the car like he was used to?

Do you really think so??? do you think race cars dont have power steering? how do they counter steer so quickly in GT3, DTM, F1, etc... do you follow F1? remember Kimi having trouble with the lotus (2 years ago) at first because he thought the steering was too light and he couldnt feel the car like he was used to?

Yes- I love formula 1 - I'm not ignorant that lots of race cars do have power steering- the above is what called an "analogy".

Do you not think an F1 car has more resistance than a dodge caravan?

We are getting off topic- do you like the current FFB profile for logitech wheels? If so why?

P.S. I think it's funny that you brought up a situation in F1 where Kimi was complaining about the exact same thing I am in an attempt to offer a rebuttal.( lol )

I presume the updates are (still) done in sequence. Stop the sequence.

I tested this theory on a friends ps3 and it works- as long as u don't want to do anything online. O well, this will work until there is hopefully an update

^^^^^ does NOT work!!! Don't waste your time- all my saved game data is form a newer version and it will not let you start the game without updating-- still screwed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have genuinely tried to help me so I'm not trying to start a flame war with you. However I said I "could" still crank up the resistance in other games(grid autosport for example)- which I did do to verify that my wheel wasn't broken as you thought it might be. In fact I thought something was wrong with it as well- which is why I tested it.
Grid Autosport is a good game to test your G27 on. Even though it's physics are simcade at best, I found the FFB excellent. You always know what is happening with the car in GAS, the bump/curb feedback is excellent, you can even feel the cobblestones, and it did all this while retaining good wheel weight. If it works for you on Grid Autosport, I'd say there's nothing wrong with the wheel.

Out of curiousity, what FFB settings did you prefer before the 1.12/1.13 update?

Grid Autosport is a good game to test your G27 on. Even though it's physics are simcade at best, I found the FFB excellent. You always know what is happening with the car in GAS, the bump/curb feedback is excellent, you can even feel the cobblestones, and it did all this while retaining good wheel weight. If it works for you on Grid Autosport, I'd say there's nothing wrong with the wheel.

Out of curiousity, what FFB settings did you prefer before the 1.12/1.13 update?
Agree the ffb is great but the car physics blow- I'm gonna trade GAS in tmrw and pick up a used GT5. Previously I had my wheel on 7 sometimes 8.
I keep hoping there will be a fix for this so for now I'm holding off trading in GT6 for store credit but if 2 weeks go by with nothing heard I'm just gonna use it as a down payment on f1 2014. Gonna really miss my cars though- would love to give the decision makers at PD a kick in the nuts.

Agree the ffb is great but the car physics blow- I'm gonna trade GAS in tmrw and pick up a used GT5. Previously I had my wheel on 7 sometimes 8.
I keep hoping there will be a fix for this so for now I'm holding off trading in GT6 for store credit but if 2 weeks go by with nothing heard I'm just gonna use it as a down payment on f1 2014. Gonna really miss my cars though- would love to give the decision makers at PD a kick in the nuts.
Agreed, the physics are pretty simple, but I found it a fun game nonetheless. Loved the AI, absolutely top notch for the PS3 IMO.

I always had my G27 on 3-5 in GT because I found turning up the FFB before the update only increased the weight, not the detail in the feedback, and a heavy feeling wheel lacking the fine detail in FFB wasn't my personal preference. I can see though how if you had it on 7-8 before the update you really like a heavy feeling wheel and you won't get that kind of weight post 1.13. I think it's a pretty common feeling among those that preferred a heavy feel before the update.

Last edited:
Maybe because I'm used to a heavier setting the loss of weight is amplified- but I don't feel more detail now, to me it just feels like less of everything. Except when you lock your fronts in a turn- that's new- but to me the wheel going feather light is less realistic then before so to me it still sucks huge donkey b@lls

Look at Jordan dropping some teaser info! Not many bites yet though. I just hope they don't ruin the t500 again:/,sorry logitech guys! Hopfully we can all be happy.

Look at Jordan dropping some teaser info! Not many bites yet though. I just hope they don't ruin the t500 again:/,sorry logitech guys! Hopfully we can all be happy.
I hope so too man- it's crap if your wheel rips your hands off while mine could be used with a wet noodle. If they made the slider go from -20 to +20 that should satiate all our desires.

Time for dreaming:
I'd like to see all those sliders we're used to from PC wheel-driver settings. Everyones FFB taste would be served implementing them in GT6.
Knowing that this will never happen I'm looking forward to get the roadfeel from 1.12 pre hotfix back in a future update.

Additional force feedback updates are coming very soon - stay tuned, guys. 👍

Source Jordan? I don't mean to doubt you, and I'm sure you won't post any misleading information. But this is a pretty important issue and I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

Fired up gt6 and got a hotfix.
Force Feedback has been adjusted on the Formula Gt, the Lotus 97T, Redbull X2010 X2011 X2014 (except 2014 junior) and all racing karts.

Fired up gt6 and got a hotfix.
Force Feedback has been adjusted on the Formula Gt, the Lotus 97T, Redbull X2010 X2011 X2014 (except 2014 junior) and all racing karts.

I Hope they didnt mess up the rest of the cars... it was pretty good IMO.

I Hope they didnt mess up the rest of the cars... it was pretty good IMO.
The post made in the notification section specifically relates to those cars only. I highly doubt it affects any of the other cars. Lets hope so. . .

Source Jordan? I don't mean to doubt you, and I'm sure you won't post any misleading information. But this is a pretty important issue and I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

Looks like they got your two cars fixed up. 👍

Back