FGTC | OVER | Congrats to Spurgina!

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 1,724 comments

Shall we allow one result to be dropped this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool, ill see you guys later. Expect a PM as usual.

Not happy I have had to start a new thread but its done now and not really too bad I guess.
Hey I am interested in joining the FGTC S4 Season 4 add me stvbdkd i be on ps3 later

Indy- Ill get the setup for you now. Expect a PM. I just meant our championship thread (F1 2011).

Ellis- Noooo, I would rather do Suzuka again :lol:

STVBDKD- Your a bit late, the FGTC will be finished for good in about a week :(

Indy- Ill get the setup for you now. Expect a PM. I just meant our championship thread (F1 2011).

Ellis- Noooo, I would rather do Suzuka again :lol:

STVBDKD- Your a bit late, the FGTC will be finished for good in about a week :(
Really because i was looking forward in racing the season 4

I would have loved to race with you guys too, berty1979, really a shame that you decided to stop this:( it all seemed so well organized, so respect for that 👍
If you ever feel like you want to, you shall be welcome to race if my own Series start

Thanks for the compliment 👍
We had a great series but everything must come to an end:(
Maybe you could message SVTBDKD and invite him to your series?

berty1979
Thanks for the compliment 👍
We had a great series but everything must come to an end:(
Maybe you could message SVTBDKD and invite him to your series?

Yes. And good luck with your next project!👍

Yeah I've seen that before, I haven't tried to beat it yet. I doubt if I could, that's an insanely fast time

Because every bird must fly from the nest. And fgtc bird spread its wings.

thats my first practice out of the way, one more tomorrow and I am happy with my pace. Car is controllable and tyre wear is good 👍

Spurgey- Yes I did beat it in the end but only on low fuel.

Coming off F1 and going to GT5 is silly. I can't even drive properly it's like watching someone driving with no arms...

:lol: I was excactly the same yesterday. I played F1 after too so will need to spend 15 mins getting used to it before free practice too :nervous:

Race room opens in 25 minutes 👍

If anyone is wondering about the championship. I need spurgey to come 4th if I can win. If I come 2nd I need him to be much further down (unlikely). If he disconnects then I only need 3rd to win.
Spurgey needs to either beat me from any position today to take the championship. If SM wins he has a very slim chance if Spurgey and I disconnect/fail to score or score very low.
Should be good

Last edited:
Great final race guys 👍

Congrats to Spurgey for a flawless performance!
Its been cool racing with you guys over the past year or so and we have had some epic encounters on GT5. I will see you all on GT6 or F1 2011 :D

I will take most of the OP down and leave your stats once completed. OP will be sorted by tomorrow. Thanks all, its been a blast 👍

Well here goes, my final race report:

I qualified badly, I spun on the first corner on the first lap, then I did the same on the second so I was 3 seconds slower than i could have been. I then found out it was because I was on mediums :dopey:

I started well and maintained my position through half of the first lap but then under braking I got punted by ETID and I span. He waited for me and we got going again.
From then on I was pretty much by myself and if I remember correctly i span about 12 times :D All in the first sector, and 1 time because I stupidly decided to change the song on my ipod mid corner :lol:
But I had built a comfortable lead back to Neth and knew I was pretty much guaranteed 3rd place.
I managed a 5 stop....just. On softs I could barely do 9 laps and mediums the most I got was 11 laps but my strategy worked fairly well and I found myself on a short last stint.
So I downed my red bull and went mental setting the fastest lap :D It wasn't too fast considering my fuel load but still im happy I got it.
In the end I finished 1 minute 53 seconds behind spurgy, and considering I span a dozen times and mucked around a lot on the last lap wasn't too bad actually.

It's a shame we only had 8 people turn up, it would have been nice to see more people but hey it was a good send off none the less :)

After racing Etid, Ellis, and Spurgy in WSC practise tonight... let me tell ya. Ya bloody mental :lol:

:lol: That does not surprise me in the slightest, and I hate to break this to you, but you've probably only seen a fraction, a tiny sliver of their mentalness

Haha, they are a trio of madmen!

And i've got Ellis as a team-mate, when he's not shouting, Spurgy in a Jaguar being bloody quick, and Etid just sniping people off in a Ferrari... happy days await :dopey:

Back