FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Final Round
=============
Motor City Hami Lap: 2:03.716 Rating: 7/10
Brakes. Couldn't keep this car under sufficient control when braking from high speed. Required too much straight line braking to really take advantage of the corner exit grip. Wanted to push wide too often, too much grip at the rear and not enough at the front, for my liking. The hairpins were the weakness of this car, really couldn't get it to turn in enough and the aforementioned braking going in made things slow too.

No denying the laptime, although I could probably have shaved that seven tenths off, with more confidence 👍
=============
Trackripper123 Lap: 2:04.038 Rating: 9/10
Still my favourite car. Some understeer was exposed here, on the final tunnel mostly. It's a difficult corner, which requires careful entry in order to carry the speed safely. There's some pendulumic oversteer through some of the complexes, load the car with too many twists and turns and the rear will eventually give.

Top marks, Sir...
=============
Ugabugaz Lap: 2:04.554 Rating: 8/10
A wonderful car to drive, only suffers from the same problems as the RGT, above. Plenty of confidence driving this car, but load it with too much information and it'll eventually give out on you...
=============
Rotary Junkie Lap: 2:05:058 Rating: 8/10
Still makes me chuckle that you've never driven this thing. Bags more confidence in the car this time, I hope my time makes up for my miserable efforts in the 1st round. A sassy lady, who likes to shake her thing. Whilst you need to keep her heals off the grass, her ample bosom keeps the front in check and pulls her equally ample hips into line. Still suffers the laws of physics, she'll push wide if provoked, but if you're gentle going in, you can get on it early going out.

Bravo, Sir, bravo...
=============
Onboy123 Lap: 2:06.096 Rating: 6/10
Drives a lot like Hami's Elise, just not as fast and does suffer from the rear wanting to carry on turning after the front has finished. Find more front grip and find a way to control the rear a little better and I'm sure I could start heading toward the 2:04s...
=============
NEWDRIVER2 Lap: 2:06.129 Rating: 6/10
Again, not enough front grip and a little too much at the rear. Drives a lot better than last time, much more confidence in the car, but like OnBoy and Hami's cars, yours wanted to push wide too often and I had to concentrate too hard going into corners from high speed. Well done on making the final round, there are some esteemed names above yours 👍
=============
{Cy}

Sorry for the double post, wanted to keep my results post clean. Your final gear is corrected on the car I just borrowed 👍

{Cy}

Cheers for the review and the check you did on the final gear. 👍 I headed into this round completely blind, holding faith in the original setup as I simply didn't have time to retest, so that may explain the under/oversteer issues as I didn't have any idea they would occur. :lol:

Last edited:
The OP has me wondering, tuners are putting the changes on share, right? Or are we supposed to dig through and make these changes to each car ourselves?

Mine has changes applied. The pink is simply there so you guys can see what I've changed.

CyKosis1973
Final Round
=============
NEWDRIVER2 Lap: 2:06.129 Rating: 6/10
Again, not enough front grip and a little too much at the rear. Drives a lot better than last time, much more confidence in the car, but like OnBoy and Hami's cars, yours wanted to push wide too often and I had to concentrate too hard going into corners from high speed.

Thank you Sir for your time testing my cars 👍 good that this car still can do good lap time without changing any thing on it even the final gear . :)

CyKosis1973
Well done on making the final round, there are some esteemed names above yours 👍

Sure they are esteemed names 👍 +1 . I am only 6 month playing GT5 and 3 mounth tuning . So they are long time doing that and they understand the cars well than me . Like i said before good that i make it to the final round and there is no any chance to win this final 👍 there good cars and good tuner tune it :gtpflag:

ND :dopey:

Last edited:
Final Group Test Results

Test method :
Tests were done using :
stick controller,
manual transmission,
ABS:1 and all other aids off
Grip = real
Steering sensitivity = 0​

I gave each car 5 nonstop lap at Grand Valley Speedway

Trackripper123 RUF RGT ’00

Time 2:03.734

I really like this RUF, 1st corner can be taken with confidence, I can brake as late as just right after 100m marker, the car is very stable and responsive when turning. Lift off the throttle when entering a corner will give the driver a pinpoint accuracy to adjust the direction or position, and with proper throttle control, understeer is a rarity. One of my favorite part when driving the RUF is at the tunnel before the bridge, the car react so well to the brake and throttle. I am pretty sure 2:02.xxx is achievable, and a side note, on the long right tunnel after the bridge, maintain careful brakes and gas, as the car is quite sensitive. Overall, a very nice tune, stable and easy to drive, bravo.

Drivers Choice Points: 9.5 out of 10

Rotary Junkie Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07

Time : 2:04.961

How do I start ? The car has a good balance, the front heavy and front wheel drive layout tend to go wide, but this one will hold the line very diligently as long as the throttle kept in check. The gearing is pretty short for this kind of track, but it's a trade off for it's weight. I like the car, great suspension tuning, neutral entry, sharp steering response and slight understeer when pressured hard, good job RJ.👍

Drivers Choice Points: 8.5 out of 10

Ugabugaz Lamborghini Miura P400 bertone '67 Gentleman's Olds

Time 2:04.137

The Miura, this is confusing for me, it feel fast, handles great, but the time is not as good as I expected, maybe I am just not a good driver. The car is tricky this time at GVS, it has quite noticeable understeer when exiting tight turns, and on the S bends before the tunnel, the rear lose grip easily, which cost me a lot of time. Steering and braking is great, while the car is very stiff, the only issue is when going over the rumble strip which will upset the car and losing precious time. Top speed is a bit on the low side, barely hitting 145mph+ before 1st turn. Overall, nice tune.

Drivers Choice Points: 9 out of 10

Motor City Hami Lotus Elise 111R '04

Time : 2:03.211

I can't believe this car is so fast in corners, very predictable, stable and easy to push hard. Lots of grip from the rear tires and the braking although a bit rear bias is very manageable. The car's light weight give it major advantage, shorter braking distance, higher velocity through the twisty, and sharp steering. I love it when going through the tight S bend after the long tunnel. This car is a great adversary to the RUF RGT. Amazing work MC Hami :D

Drivers Choice Points: 9.5 out of 10

Onboy123 Toyota MR2 Spyder '99

Time : 2:04.951

Onboy's car this time is different than the previous round, the car has quite erratic behavior, it has tendency to oversteer when trail braking on entry, and then slight understeer when exiting. The main issues here is the lack of stability on long curve like the tunnel before and after the bridge. Brake too late, and it slides, accelerate too early and it goes wide. Front grip is inadequate when changing direction in high speed, but steering response is good at lower speed turn. Braking is okay, but a bit twitchy on 1st corner. The good thing about this MR2 is that when it loses rear grip, it's gradual and easily controllable, almost like a stock MX5 ;) More tuning will yield better handling and stability, but this car is quite an achievement without a rear aero and for such a short time to retune, I give Onboy :cheers:

Drivers Choice Points: 7.9 out of 10

NewDriver2 Toyota MR2 G Limited '97

Time : 2:04.958

The MR2 has a good acceleration and top speed, the car is pretty good at exiting low speed corners. Tight rear differential means even wheel spin exiting a turn is quite easy to tame. Handling wise, the car has a weakness in high speed cornering, understeer could set in without warning, the front tires are a bit restless above 100mph, and also a bit unstable when changing direction. Braking is a hit and miss for me, 1st corner can be taken late, but often the rear give out grip too early, and throttle input needs to be gradual on long curve and S bends. A fast car indeed, but the instability hurt it's handling. A nice work nonetheless, SW20 MR2 is known to be quite wild even when stock.

Drivers Choice Points: 7.5 out of 10

Last edited:
Umm... If you ran that car with ABS off with that brake bias...

Please, excuse me while I smack this guy upside his head repeatedly. It's very obviously set to be used with ABS; with ABS off I'd probably run something more along the lines of 4/2 but the fact is... Yeah, I didn't consider that someone might actually run it without ABS. So either run it with ABS on or run it with a brake bias that isn't positively stupid to run without ABS.

Umm... If you ran that car with ABS off with that brake bias...

Please, excuse me while I smack this guy upside his head repeatedly. It's very obviously set to be used with ABS; with ABS off I'd probably run something more along the lines of 4/2 but the fact is... Yeah, I didn't consider that someone might actually run it without ABS. So either run it with ABS on or run it with a brake bias that isn't positively stupid to run without ABS.

Don't worry about it much, I can still drive it, just need to be very careful with the brakes and do some nice mild shift lock techniques to help with trail braking. I am used to run drift cars with no ABS and 1/10 or 2/10 BB. Please don't get mad at me for not using ABS, I still got pretty decent time:sly: and I am sorry if my review has some wording that might be too harsh, would you like to make some changes with the wording ? I'll also provide replay file if the time sounds a bit off.

Don't worry about it much, I can still drive it, just need to be very careful with the brakes and do some nice mild shift lock techniques to help with trail braking. I am used to run drift cars with no ABS and 1/10 or 2/10 BB. Please don't get mad at me for not using ABS, I still got pretty decent time:sly: and I am sorry if my review has some wording that might be too harsh, would you like to make some changes with the wording ? I'll also provide replay file if the time sounds a bit off.

I'm not going to be happy with it unless you rerun it either with ABS on or a sane brake bias (4/2). In fact if anything I'm now more pissed than I was already.

I'm not going to be happy with it unless you rerun it either with ABS on or a sane brake bias (4/2). In fact if anything I'm now more pissed than I was already.

Okay then, I'll rerun the car with my own preferred BB, still without ABS if that will cool you down. I am only worried about the rules, would it be okay with Nomis if I change the BB ? Anyway, I am testing it right now, so please be patient, as I was trying to be fair and honest with my driving and testing.

If I'm honest it'd be fairest to either run all the cars as they were designed to (i.e. ABS on) or give them all a brake bias that works for you but, well, yeah, you've hurt my car bad by running no ABS.

ABS is extremely effective at modulating brake pressure in GT5 and it lets us get away with these extreme brake settings while also stopping quicker. GT4 was actually the same way (max rear brake bias stopped quickest, front needed to then be fine-tuned) so hey.

If I'm honest it'd be fairest to either run all the cars as they were designed to (i.e. ABS on) or give them all a brake bias that works for you but, well, yeah, you've hurt my car bad by running no ABS.

ABS is extremely effective at modulating brake pressure in GT5 and it lets us get away with these extreme brake settings while also stopping quicker. GT4 was actually the same way (max rear brake bias stopped quickest, front needed to then be fine-tuned) so hey.

I understand your concern, all other cars so far I have no problem running without ABS, as long as the front is stronger than rear, it's easy to manage. The extreme 2/10 is not that hard to tame for me, although it does make the car slower due to earlier braking, by the way I'm now into 2:05.3xx with you car at 2nd lap, is that fast compared to your time with the car ? I think I get faster, maybe 2:04.xxx, who knows ? I was testing whatever the car has, once again sorry about my review, will redo it soon.

Many thanks to the testers who have stepped in at such short notice, it's great to see results going up already.

Okay then, I'll rerun the car with my own preferred BB, still without ABS if that will cool you down. I am only worried about the rules, would it be okay with Nomis if I change the BB ? Anyway, I am testing it right now, so please be patient, as I was trying to be fair and honest with my driving and testing.
Ridox, unfortunately you'd need to re-test using the ABS and BB that the tuners specify, because the rule that I added for you says:
Some testers may prefer to test without ABS, if you want to give them that option, include "ABS: x or off" in your description.
RJ did not say his was happy to test w/o ABS, so you need to test with the ABS he specified.

@Rotary Junkie, I completely agree with your points and can understand your frustration, but please be more polite to the testers.

A truckload of prizes just arrived from CyKosis1973. Thanks to him, there will also be prizes for drivers choice and best laptime.

Thanks Nomis for the clarification, I'll retest with ABS:1 and 2/10 BB as in the tune. Sorry for the trouble, I hope the rest of the test result are fine with the tuners. Only Ugabugaz's car that I haven't tested yet.

@Rotary Junkie, I completely agree with your points and can understand your frustration, but please be more polite to the testers.

Eh, not your first day knowing RJ, is it? Not one to mince his words when it comes to getting his point across. :P

And what about you Nomis? Do as you preach and get testing. :lol:

As requested by RJ, the Atenza is being re-tested, the score would be updated as well, the car handles like a different animal with ABS, all the quirks and issues I was having with handling are almost gone, the car scrubs off speed like a race car, and this is the 1st I am using ABS again since playing GT5P and it feels weird.

As Onboy said, I don't exactly make any effort to be nice. I understand being an arse towards testers is bad for business but I don't like getting shortchanged, even if I did enter a car that will never, ever win this. If I wanted to win, I would've entered an Elise, and it would've been quicker than Hami's.

As requested by RJ, the Atenza is being re-tested, the score would be updated as well, the car handles like a different animal with ABS, all the quirks and issues I was having with handling are almost gone, the car scrubs off speed like a race car, and this is the 1st I am using ABS again since playing GT5P and it feels weird.

Woah woah…wait a bit. You're not just going to leave it at that with RJ having ABS on and no change for the rest, are ya? That's just messy. :P Re-test one, re-test all. Don't look at me, I've done this before and nearly had my head lopped off for ignoring the rest, and I had 18 cars to deal with. :P

Go on then…have fun! :lol:

I'm testing as we speak. It's taking longer than expected because your MR2 is on such a razor's edge and I keep falling off! :P

It's a lot, a lot tamer than the black one, you know. :P Just be more gradual with accelerating, if I can do it, anyone should be able to! :lol:

Oh no, I dislike ABS due to this very reason of often messing the car feeling to the point of unrealistic on most circumstances. The past round, I don't have issues with tuners and their cars, let's hope it will stay that way.

Update : Test result updated, new time for RJ's car is 1 full second faster :D

Last edited:
Test results!
All testing conducted using sixaxis controller.

FINAL ROUND
Motor City Hami- Elise 111R
This is one seriously fast Proton. Incredible stopping power and the speed and balance with which it launches out of 2nd-3rd gear corners is unbelievable. As a token criticism, I did find the handling "lumpy" at times- ie the mid-corner front grip briefly reduced before returning to the original level. A very impressive laptime, considering the noticeable grunt deficit at higher speeds (compared to some of the other front runners). Great work.

Onboy123- MR2 Spyder '99
Clearly a car that has been tuned to within an inch of its life! Halfway through lap 4, I was really worried I wouldn't be able to put together a clean lap, but luckily it all came together on lap 5. I found it a tricky car to drive on the limit, since the LSD has been set to maximise rotation and the brakes are a bit weak so I was relying on entry understeer to wash off speed. It's hard work, but fast. Good work for making a (mid-engined) Corolla go faster than anyone ever imagined!

Newdriver2- MR2 G-limited '97
Wonderfully chuckable. The downside is that trail braking often causes the rear to step out, so care is needed to brake in a straight line. The upside is that trail braking causes the rear to step out, leading to brilliant drift antics! :P Even when trying to keep things straight to get a decent laptime, I love how this car will happily hold any yaw angle the driver chooses. Wonderfully responsive.

Rotary Junkie- Mazda Altenza '07
I thought I'd start the final round with a nice, predictable FF. And RJ's Altenza fit the bill perfectly. Nailing the corner entry was a bit difficult, often it would understeer but throwing it in a bit harder caused it to flat slide which led to understeer as it recovered. But driven within its limits it was very nice. Corner exit is amazing, full credit to Motor City Junkie for how this bum dragger puts down so much horsepower while hanging on to the racing line.

Ugabugaz- Miura
Wonderful turn-in, in fact I had to hold back on the last corner to avoid running up the inside kerb! It did seem to be slightly lacking front grip towads the exit, however it is wonderfully steerable on the throttle. Great damping and body control. I really enjoyed this tune, thanks.

Trackripper123- Ruf RGT '00
Amazing. This car has been tuned to exactly read my mind, it just does exactly what I want! Always. I was going to criticise it's lack of high speed agility on the switchback (just before the 2nd hairpin), but I altered my line and the car delivered the goods with a little high speed drift to keep the front on trajectory. Brilliant. The harder I pushed this car, the more it gave. Fantastic balance, it felt like anything was possible.

Grand Valley Speedway laptimes:
Motor City Hami - 2:02.8
Onboy123 - 2:05.0
Newdriver2- 2:05.2
Rotary Junkie - 2:05.4
Ugabugaz - 2:04.7
Trackripper123 - 2:03.1

Driver's Choice Points
Motor City Hami - 9
Onboy123 - 7
Newdriver2- 8
Rotary Junkie - 7
Ugabugaz - 8
Trackripper123 - 10

As requested by RJ, the Atenza is being re-tested, the score would be updated as well
Hi Ridox, just to confirm...like Onboy says... all cars would need to be tested with the correct ABS and BB settings please. We need to have consistent conditions for all tunes tested...otherwise heads will be lopped off! :lol:

By the way, I admire your purity of driving without ABS. Since most tuners use ABS, it's a tricky situation unfortunately.

Hi Ridox, just to confirm...like Onboy says... all cars would need to be tested with the correct ABS and BB settings please. We need to have consistent conditions for all tunes tested...otherwise heads will be lopped off! :lol:

Eh, that was back then with the roadster shootout and the very demanding Johnny around, this round, nothing as gruesome as lopping heads off, just execution will do. :lol:

And Nomis…thanks for not dying in the test. :lol: It seems like my car is around the most unrefined of the lot…something to be proud of, I think. :D

By the way, I admire your purity of driving without ABS. Since most tuners use ABS, it's a tricky situation unfortunately.

That's fine with me, I'll re-test the rest of the final round with ABS:1, I am pretty exhausted right now driving for more than 3 hours non stop, will take a break, and continue later.
Maybe I should be an off the record no ABS tester, so nobody will get the head lopped off :lol: and my result would be just for reference and not taken into account of the shootout result.

Last edited:
And Nomis…thanks for not dying in the test. :lol: It seems like my car is around the most unrefined of the lot…something to be proud of, I think. :D
Maybe it was the cough medicine you left in the glovebox that I took a few swigs of. There was probably some warning on the label about not operating heavy machinery blah blah blah :lol:

Maybe I should be an off the record no ABS tester, so nobody will get the head lopped off :lol: and my result would be just for reference and not taken into account of the shootout result.
If you prefer to do it this way, that's totally fine.

If you prefer to do it this way, that's totally fine.

I'll redo with ABS this time around, but for next time, it will be better for tuners and me, if I'll be off the record tester:dopey: so at least I have the freedom to test without ABS and it would be a good reference to, as the lap time and cars do handle differently as they are masked by the ABS.

I have updated the times for ABS, the rest are coming, not much of difference really to my non ABS time.

Maybe it was the cough medicine you left in the glovebox that I took a few swigs of. There was probably some warning on the label about not operating heavy machinery blah blah blah :lol:

Hmm…The medicine might have contained some LSD or extreme ballsy drug that make you believe you can do anything, hence me creating the MR2 as it is and thinking "This is fine, look at MCH's Elise! If I slap a wing on this, I'd look a sissy if I lost"! :lol: And heavy my arse, the MR2 weighs 950kg, if there was a wind, it'll have been blown away. :lol:

If I wanted to win, I would've entered an Elise, and it would've been quicker than Hami's.

Challenge accepted. Send me the settings that you would have used and I will build it and put yours and mine on share. I will even test drive it and offer up feedback, just like we did with the Altenza, if you wish. :)

Challenge accepted. Send me the settings that you would have used and I will build it and put yours and mine on share. I will even test drive it and offer up feedback, just like we did with the Altenza, if you wish. :)

My first guess is sent. It'll probably handle like a bag of crap given it's based off a Spec I RM tune but hey. :lol:

Back