FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nomis3613

Premium
60/40, 40/60, 460PP tuning challenge
60-402.gif
60-401b.gif

Grab out your lead weights, people, it's time for the lead-tipped arrows to battle cars with a massive derierre!

Tuners
1) Enter the competition by posting here, saying that you would like to sign up as a tuner. (edit 31/8/12) Tuners signing up after GMT 14:15 on 31/8/12 must also test at least one group of 5-8 cars.

2) Pick one street car (no DLC, RM or racing cars) to enter into the competition. There are no restrictions on drivetrain, but the following cars are can't be used: Suzuki GSX-R/4, (edit 1/9/12) Honda/Acura NSX/HSC/Dualnote/DNX, Lotus Esprit and Lotus Evora.

3) Add ballast if necessary (there is no limit) to achieve either 40/60 or 60/40 weight distribution. (To save time picking a car, here is a tip on achieving 60/40 or 40/60: the maximum weight possible for a car that starts off with 50/50 weight distribution is approx 800 kg and the maximum weight possible for a car that starts off with 55/45 or 45/55 is approx 1400 kg)

4) Fit sports soft tyres and tune car to 460PP for Autumn Ring and High Speed Ring Reverse. The same tune is to be used at both tracks. Keep in mind the scoring system and the conditions for testing (both below). If front downforce is adjustable, it must be set to the minimum. Full use of the power limiter is allowed. Also, ABS and controller sensitivity settings can be specified as part of the tune. Some testers may prefer to test without ABS, if you want to give them that option, include "ABS: x or off" in your description.

5) By 8 September (00:00 GMT), post your tune and send a PM with a link to nomis3613 when it is ready (so that it can be linked in this post).

6) Make sure your car has driven at least 320 km, then place it on sharing by 8 September (00:00 GMT). There are no rules regarding oil change, however it is not testers responsibility to ensure the car does not lose hp, therefore you might like to ensure it has fresh oil...

7) By 9 September (00:00 GMT), ensure that all testers in your group are on your friends list. It is your responsibility to send Friend Requests, please send a PM to nomis3613 if a tester has not accepted the FR by this deadline.

Testers
1) Enter the competition (please!!! we are always looking for more testers) by filling in the "tester signup" below and posting it here. Testers may also be tuners. There are up to 8 cars in each group. Tester signup closes 9 September.
Tester signup
PSN:
Maximum number of groups you can test:
If necessary, can you test the "grand final" group in late September:

2) Accept Friend Requests from tuners in your group. If a tuner has not sent you a Friend Request by 9 September (00:00 GMT), please send a PM to nomis3613. Please do not test tunes before 9 September, in case a tuner decides to revise his/her tune before the deadline.

3) From 9 September, test all cars in your group. If you don't test all cars in a group, unfortunately your results can't be counted (all tunes need to be tested by the same testers for the results to be fair). Use offline practice mode, with real grip reduction and tyre wear/fuel consumption off. All driving aids must be off, and use controller sensitivity 0 unless the tuner specifies otherwise. For ABS, please use the value the tuner specifies (if they say "ABS: x or off" you can test without ABS if you want), if ABS isn't specified in the tune, please use ABS 1.

4) By 19 September, post all results in a single post using the template below (feel free to add results as you go by editing the post) and send nomis3613 a PM with a link to the post (so that it can be linked in this post).
Tester results
Comments:
Autumn Ring best laptime:
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime:
Drivers choice points (out of 10):

Scoring system
The scoring is made up of Autumn Ring laptime, High Speed Ring laptime and Driver's Choice points. The laptimes used for scoring will be the average of all the testers times for that car.
Autumn Ring points = 10 - 2*(your car minus fastest car)
High Speed Ring Reverse points = 10 - 2*(your car minus fastest car)
Driver's choice points: Testers will score each tune out of 10. The average of the tester's score will be used.

Fine Print
Play nice! Discussion and banter is welcomed, but arguing or abusive comments will not be tolerated (you will be disqualified from the competition and, if appropriate, reported to GT Planet moderators). Every effort will be made to have a fair competition, but it's only a videogame, so it's not worth getting annoyed about.

If you have any questions, please ask. Please note that I (nomis3613) can't access GT Planet at work. I will try to catch up with the thread at least once a day, but please be patient.

Test drivers please ensure that all tunes are tested in the most similar conditions possible. In extreme circumstances, you may be asked to re-test to check your laptime for a tune.

7688790426_1a21082aaf_n.jpg

This is a Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers sanctioned event.
F.I.T.T. rules will be used for this event. Any event specific rules and all deadlines are listed above.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5752714#post5752714

Just to repeat a very important rule: have fun!

Last edited:
Tuners:
Group A
Motor City Hami
Onboy123
Ridox2JZGTE
CyKosis1973
krenkme

Group C
XDesperado67
Rotary Junkie (car on share by MotorCtyHamilton)
NEWDRIVER2
Theo777

Group D
trackripper123
jtqmopar
HaoleHatingWRX
ugabugaz
DigitalBaka

Final Round
Motor City Hami (scroll down to "Round Two Settings")
Onboy123 (the white car on sharing that does not have a wing)
NEWDRIVER2 (same as Round 1 settings)
Rotary Junkie (scroll down to 2nd picture)
Ugabugaz (settings in pink)
Trackripper123 (use 3.285 final drive ratio)

Last edited:
Testers:
Group A
nomis3613 PSN: nomis3613
Ronald6 PSN: GTP_Ronald
DaDog PSN: Terror_Dog
luv2drive PSN: jeffj6767
Ugabugaz PSN: ugabugaz_euro
NEWDRIVER2 PSN: OTS_NEWDRIVER2

Group C
Ronald6PSN: GTP_Ronald
CyKosis1973 PSN: CyKosis1973
Motor City Hami PSN: MotorCtyHamilton
DigitalBaka PSN: DigitalBaka
Ugabugaz PSN: ugabugaz_euro

Group D
CSLACR PSN: GTP_CSL
Motor City Hami PSN: MotorCtyHamilton
Theo777 PSN: zigatan
Ridox2JZGTE PSN: GTP_Orido

Final round
Ridox2JZGTE PSN: GTP_Orido
note to self: updated to post 615

Last edited:
Group A results:
Autumn Ring
Motor City Hami - 10 points
Onboy123 - 4.7
Ridox2JZGTE - 3.5
CyKosis1973 - 4.1
Krenkme - 4.1

High Speed Ring Reverse
Motor City Hami - 10
Onboy123 - 9.3
Ridox2JZGTE - 5.4
CyKosis1973 - 6.6
Krenkme - 6.2

Driver's Choice
Motor City Hami - 9.5
Onboy123 - 8.2
Ridox2JZGTE - 6.9
CyKosis1973 - 6.8
Krenkme - 7.5

TOTAL POINTS
Motor City Hami - 29.5 (1st)
Onboy123 - 22.2 (2nd)
Ridox2JZGTE - 15.8 (5th)
CyKosis1973 - 17.5 (4th)
Krenkme - 17.8 (3rd)

Group C results:
Autumn Ring
XDesperado67 - 9.1
Rotary Junkie - 10
NEWDRIVER2 - 10
Theo777 - 9.6

High Speed Ring Reverse
XDesperado67 - 7.7
Rotary Junkie - 7.7
NEWDRIVER2 - 10
Theo777 - 7.7

Driver's Choice
XDesperado67 - 7.4
Rotary Junkie - 8.2
NEWDRIVER2 - 7.3
Theo777 - 7.8

TOTAL POINTS
XDesperado67 - 24.1 (4th)
Rotary Junkie - 25.8 (2nd)
NEWDRIVER2 - 27.3 (1st)
Theo777 - 25.1 (3rd)

Group D results:
Autumn Ring
trackripper123 - 10.0
HaoleHatingWRX - 8.1
ugabugaz - 10.0
DigitalBaka - 7.7

High Speed Ring Reverse
trackripper123 - 9.3
HaoleHatingWRX - 5.8
ugabugaz - 10
DigitalBaka - 7.6

Driver's Choice
trackripper123 - 8.7
HaoleHatingWRX - 7.5
ugabugaz - 8.6
DigitalBaka - 8.1

TOTAL POINTS
trackripper123 - 28.0 (2nd)
HaoleHatingWRX - 21.4 (4th)
ugabugaz - 28.6 (1st)
DigitalBaka - 23.4 (3rd)

Last edited:
I would like to tune.

Also, I am guessing that the Acura NSX is also banned?

Hmm…I don't think the old type of NSXs have that much of an advantage compared to the new one, not in PD's eyes, anyways, so it should be fine. The 5 speed 'box cripples its performance somewhat as well.

And I'll be back for this one, I think. I'm thinking Supra, or GT-R…Or something else entirely. :lol:

I would like to be a tester and tuner :)
This is the first for me, so please bear with me if I ask many questions.
Is there any limit in modification besides the aforementioned weight balance and car restrictions ? I am looking at Lotus Esprit Turbo HC, Hommell Berlinette or those old TVRs like V8s ;)
Ridox2JZGTE || GTP_Orido

Here is another few questions, I drive without ABS, is that okay for a tuner and tester ? or do I must use ABS to be a tuner and tester ? I am also running a high BB when I drive, Do I have to use other tuner's BB if mentioned or it will be tester's preference ?

Here is another few questions, I drive without ABS, is that okay for a tuner and tester ? or do I must use ABS to be a tuner and tester ? I am also running a high BB when I drive, Do I have to use other tuner's BB if mentioned or it will be tester's preference ?

Hmm…ABS is 1 for most of us tuners, so it's become standardised as the only "aid" allowed…or rather, the only aid is a compulsory thing. But if you drive with ABS off yet can handle high BB numbers, then you should be fine. However, you can't change the tune's BB since the brake balance is part of the tune.

Hmm…ABS is 1 for most of us tuners, so it's become standardised as the only "aid" allowed…or rather, the only aid is a compulsory thing. But if you drive with ABS off yet can handle high BB numbers, then you should be fine. However, you can't change the tune's BB since the brake balance is part of the tune.

So I have to follow BB that the tuners wrote on their car, that would be fine. Thanks for the clarification.

So I have to follow BB that the tuners wrote on their car, that would be fine. Thanks for the clarification.

Yup. And no problem, I'm more surprised this lot haven't pointed it out for me…Oi, did everyone disintegrate while I was off last month?! :lol:

I think that in this case a new brake balance must be "Up to no ABS driver". Even somebody accustomed to drive without ABS will have problems if usin BB 7/5 for example. Generally no ABS settings are not going over 3 for the front and less for the rear.
This is what i think with the little experience i have from no ABS driving that is a very nice and slower but challenging driving option.
Nice shootout.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Is there any limit in modification besides the aforementioned weight balance and car restrictions ? I am looking at Lotus Esprit Turbo HC, Hommell Berlinette or those old TVRs like V8s ;)
Ridox2JZGTE || GTP_Orido

Lotus Esprit is listed as a banned car.

I think that in this case a new brake balance must be "Up to no ABS driver". Even somebody accustomed to drive without ABS will have problems if usin BB 7/5 for example. Generally no ABS settings are not going over 3 for the front and less for the rear.
This is what i think with the little experience i have from no ABS driving that is a very nice and slower but challenging driving option.
Nice shootout.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

No worries about the BB numbers, I am accustomed to run high BB number, I did the GTA Seasonals with 9/7 to 9/5 BB. With such high BB, I could outbrake most ABS drivers, well not the alien ones :). Here is a vid of me doing a lap in high BB 458 Italia, old vid that I have posted on other threads on GTP, just to give an idea of how I drive without ABS. It is indeed slower compared to ABS drivers, but the margin is small enough that I never consider to use ABS just for trying to compensate.

Lotus Esprit is listed as a banned car.

Sorry, my bad, I kind of missed that, so all model of Esprit are banned, I am thinking of VW Beetle RSI now ;)

Another silly question, does the car have to be brand new then broken in or any mileage will do ? 0//0/0 car is limiting my choices.

In general you will want to get at least a couple hundred miles and an oil change on it so you get full HP and so your PP numbers are not fluctuating during testing.

Per the OP, Nomis has stated to have at least 320km but oil change is not a requirement.

@Nomis: Sign me up for tuning and testing. If the Acura is out I assume nobody will have a problem with me (re)tuning a car I tuned (badly) in a previous shootout?

In general you will want to get at least a couple hundred miles and an oil change on it so you get full HP and so your PP numbers are not fluctuating during testing.

Per the OP, Nomis has stated to have at least 320km but oil change is not a requirement.

@Nomis: Sign me up for tuning and testing. If the Acura is out I assume nobody will have a problem with me (re)tuning a car I tuned (badly) in a previous shootout?

Okay, I found a good car, tuning it now, it will have 40/60 weight balance, with less than 1000kg weight and less than 250 hp. It handles like a RUF with everything else stock.

Sign me up as an Atlantic Bluefin (tuna), please.

I'll test as well, depending on the number of submissions. I can probably squeeze 7-10 cars across both tracks, much more and I'll struggle to find the time, sorry...

{Cy}

EDIT: I'm loving the idea of running on S3 tyres, they're like the new R3 tyres. I can't remember the last time we were allowed such grippy tyres at this PP :mischievous: Don't you dare change them Simon..!!

As I said, I had a tune ready long ago, and I think I still have it on a photo, so definite tuner entry please. :D I may have to guess tune the tranny though as my PS3 is dead (hoping to get it back up and running) and I had tuned the tranny for GVE, which was the last track you said Nomis. :lol:

You guys will also weep when you see how much I've throttled the power. :lol:

Nomis, shouldn't the Elise be banned too?

Last edited:
Sign me up as a tester, please.
Excellent, great to have you on board.
I would like to tune.

Also, I am guessing that the Acura NSX is also banned?
Thanks for joining. What year is the Acura NSX? Do you have one stock you could put on sharing pretty please? (it won't be banned as long as you don't win :lol:) I'll do some quick tests and let you know if it's in or out.

And I'll be back for this one, I think. I'm thinking Supra, or GT-R&#8230;Or something else entirely. :lol:
👍 👍

Ridox2JZGTE || GTP_Orido
Excellent, welcome. No worries, I'm happy to answer any questions. Sorry, Esprit isn't allowed.

You are welcome to set your tune without ABS, just a warning that since most drivers use ABS 1, their laps will be slower if they have to drive without it.

For your testing, please use the ABS setting that the tuner posts (or 1 if they don't post anything). If they tell you its ok to also use ABS 0, then that's cool.

Nomis - hate to call you a cheater already, but your hatchback graphic is non-compliant. It is at 67/33 weight split. :lol:
:lol: The pic is a dynamic weight distribution. The car is under braking, so the car static distribution is actually 60/40! :lol: :lol:

Another silly question, does the car have to be brand new then broken in or any mileage will do ? 0//0/0 car is limiting my choices.

Ridox, yeah 320km as DB says please.

DB, yep feel free to use the same car. The Acura may well be eligable, I need to look into it.

Sign me up as an Atlantic Bluefin (tuna), please.

I'll test as well, depending on the number of submissions. I can probably squeeze 7-10 cars across both tracks, much more and I'll struggle to find the time, sorry...

{Cy}

EDIT: I'm loving the idea of running on S3 tyres, they're like the new R3 tyres. I can't remember the last time we were allowed such grippy tyres at this PP :mischievous: Don't you dare change them Simon..!!
Thanks, CyKosis. If it goes to more than 8 cars, I'll split it into groups and then ask testers how many groups they wanna test. So is it ok to sign you up to test 1 group please?

So no R5 tyres for 460pp? :mischievous: :lol:

As I said, I had a tune ready long ago, and I think I still have it on a photo, so definite tuner entry please. :D I may have to guess tune the tranny though as my PS3 is dead (hoping to get it back up and running) and I had tuned the tranny for GVE, which was the last track you said Nomis. :lol:

You guys will also weep when you see how much I've throttled the power. :lol:

Nomis, shouldn't the Elise be banned too?
Excellent. Sorry for changing the track. Elise isn't banned, cos in my tests it wasn't too fast (now there's a challenge for you!!! hopefully this doesn't turn into an elise-fest though :nervous::nervous:)

EDIT: Welcome, robrabbitman. I'll update the lists later today. 👍
-----

I'm so happy there's so much interest in this shootout, thanks guys!

You are welcome to set your tune without ABS, just a warning that since most drivers use ABS 1, their laps will be slower if they have to drive without it.

For your testing, please use the ABS setting that the tuner posts (or 1 if they don't post anything). If they tell you its ok to also use ABS 0, then that's cool.

I will post my tune with the BB that I used to tune the car ( no ABS ), but I will give freedom to the testers whether to use ABS or not, albeit with the same BB specified in the tune. I think that would be the best, most testers use ABS anyway.

Would it be better if I tests every tuner's car both with and without ABS, but using the BB specified in the tune ? I will then give a special comment for the no ABS driving.

Let me know how you feel about this, thanks. I already have the car tuned, just a base line tune for the moment, but it could run the Autumn Ring under 1:30 and High Speed Ring Reverse in under 1:20, still need more tuning.

Edit : As a tester I will post the best time of each car driven without ABS, and I will also put ABS time as a reference of time difference, regardless if it's slower or faster.

Last edited:
Tuner.
And tester, just one group, preferably not quite as large as 8, but if needed I should be able to make it through 8.👍

I will post my tune with the BB that I used to tune the car ( no ABS ), but I will give freedom to the testers whether to use ABS or not, albeit with the same BB specified in the tune. I think that would be the best, most testers use ABS anyway.

Would it be better if I tests every tuner's car both with and without ABS, but using the BB specified in the tune ? I will then give a special comment for the no ABS driving.

Let me know how you feel about this, thanks. I already have the car tuned, just a base line tune for the moment, but it could run the Autumn Ring under 1:30 and High Speed Ring Reverse in under 1:20, still need more tuning.

Edit : As a tester I will post the best time of each car driven without ABS, and I will also put ABS time as a reference of time difference, regardless if it's slower or faster.

I would guess that ABS is part of the tune and you have to choose on or off but not both, when it comes to official testing. I would assume that would go for both tuners and testers. If you want to run them for your own enjoyment without ABS of course that's fine too.

I would guess that ABS is part of the tune and you have to choose on or off but not both, when it comes to official testing. I would assume that would go for both tuners and testers. If you want to run them for your own enjoyment without ABS of course that's fine too.

So if my tune is done without ABS, I still have the freedom to give tester choices to run with/without ABS ? They will have to run the same BB as my tune as well.
Do I have the freedom to not use ABS when testing other tuner's car, even if the tune was done with ABS ? I will have to use the same BB as stated in the tune.

I am sorry, I don't really catch clearly what you were saying.

In a nutshell, I would prefer to test tuner's car without ABS, so I'll do all my tuning, testing and review without one, would that be okay ?

Does it have to be 60/40? Or will 61/39 work? (Tank Car baby! ) :dopey:

Put me down as a maybe tuna....maybe carp.... or sturgeon, (baring I get my internet back)

Back