Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think we have quite a bit of interest but you did originally plan on starting this season after August and I was bit surprised when you moved up the opening race date to the end of July. Since I am already committed to running the Lotus series (whose races are 1.5 hours+) I wouldn't mind it being pushed back but either way I will be there to participate. However, I do have to say that I am ridiculously pale compared to last year at this time.

Are you moving to Texas for the hell of it or are you banking on getting a job at Circuit of the Americas/have something lined up?

Are you moving to Texas for the hell of it or are you banking on getting a job at Circuit of the Americas/have something lined up?

I need a major change in my life, so just going mainly because I want to. But I'm not going to head that direction unless I can line up a more solid job than I have now.

Judging by the amount of interest we have right now, I'm thinking of postponing season 3 until later this year for a couple reasons:

First, for season 1 we had a TON of interest, and I think that was because it was run during the winter time when people were spending more time inside. Now that summer is here, interested is way down, not just in this series but all across the online racing forum.

Second, I might be getting a part time job on the weekends to help save for my move to Texas.

So, probably going to shift the start time to late October as it will be towards the end of summer, places will be starting to cool down and I should be moved by then.
I completely understand. It's hard enough to draw people in during the summer but then also having to deal with a move as well? I went through that myself moving from Vegas and I had to abandon GT after GT Academy to get ready. The move was surprisingly smooth but the job search is another matter. :indiff:

In the meantime, guess I can join another racing series to fill in the gap. I just need to know which one.

In the meantime, guess I can join another racing series to fill in the gap. I just need to know which one.

Hint: It starts with L and ends with otus 111R RM. :D

(See the link in my signature, below)

I usually just keep an eye out for something that peaks my interest. The Super Taikyu will keep me busy for a while.

I'd join but I hate that car, so that's why I've stayed away.

(See the link in my signature, below)
I had already considered it and I'll probably join for at least one race. It will come down to whether I can either build or find a tune that makes the car stable.

I usually just keep an eye out for something that peaks my interest. The Super Taikyu will keep me busy for a while.

I'd join but I hate that car, so that's why I've stayed away.

:(

I'm cool with postponing until winter. I used to almost never play any PS3 games during the (short Canadian) summer anyways.

You know I'll be there whenever you choose to make it happen :D

So when are we actually going to get going? I've totally forgotten what car I chose on the submission form so I duno what 1 to tune haha. I don't mind when we start going as I'm not on GT5 that much nowadays. I suppose it's just something to fill in the gaps on a quiet night :)

D-Max
So when are we actually going to get going? I've totally forgotten what car I chose on the submission form so I duno what 1 to tune haha. I don't mind when we start going as I'm not on GT5 that much nowadays. I suppose it's just something to fill in the gaps on a quiet night :)

You can just check the registration list on the website if you forgot which car you signed up to use.

I've been meaning to ask, could someone explain to me how sponsorships work for individual drivers? In other words, how would I go about getting one? What do the driver and sponsor get out of the relationship? When I'm soliciting potential sponsors, what is it I'm offering? Etc., etc.

I've been meaning to ask, could someone explain to me how sponsorships work for individual drivers? In other words, how would I go about getting one? What do the driver and sponsor get out of the relationship? When I'm soliciting potential sponsors, what is it I'm offering? Etc., etc.
My understanding is that we just pick a sponsor and try to paint our cars to match the their colors.

Why so serious!?! :)

When are you exactly planning to start the season and open registrations? This looks interesting!👍

Awesome news about AS.

Now we can have a Stig challenge xD

Sneak Peeks....

alpinestars_100k_1.jpg

man, I love that. Really awesome concepts.

Btw dude I didn't know you collected hotwheels. We should hunt down a little Hot Wheels Miata to give away as a prize for winning Season 3. If you win it then you'll have to prominantely display it in your bathroom.

I've actually been looking for one to add to my personal collection. :lol:

I've got some time now, might end up with a really cool prize. We'll see. ;)

Hey guys I was going to join but never did but, may I join now? :D
Edit: I just saw registration just closed until winter, is that for GT5 too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back