Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the season schedule so that you can click on the track names and it'll show you a track map. Nothing really important, but there if you need it. :)👍

I updated the season schedule so that you can click on the track names and it'll show you a track map. Nothing really important, but there if you need it. :)👍
Neat! I have seen maps that have turn numbers as well so if we're allowed to use those, those would be even better. 👍

I just used the maps that are available in the GT5 General Discussion thread. Then I made one for the custom track.

Last post of the thread was on july 8th? Y'all are letting me down here!:)

I miss the virtual racing. Interestingly enough with all the karting I've done at my job I haven't gotten ANY faster. lol. I'm still consistently running the times I do, which isn't slow. My average is faster than 90% of the staff and they've been there since it opened in November. 👎

Other than that, how's everyone been?

Last edited:

Tired and full of pain killers. :lol:

I posted a spot race interest check that nobody has responded to, really want to do a V8 supercar race using the Ford Falcons. We can use the same format for racing as the Miata's, but just do a 10 minute pre-race qualifying. Race would be next Saturday. Anyone here that is interested let me know. :)

Last post of the thread was on july 8th? Y'all are letting me down here!:)

I miss the virtual racing. Interestingly enough with all the karting I've done at my job I haven't gotten ANY faster. lol. I'm still consistently running the times I do, which isn't slow. My average is faster than 90% of the staff and they've been there since it opened in November. 👎

Besides the GT4 Cup and the SSCS, I really like to get into one or two more series but I fear that when I do find work again, I won't have the time to commit to everything.

I am using the extra time to work on improving my braking and passing skills. Unfortunately, that means going into the bottom depths of racing hell, the public lobbies. Actually, it hasn't been that bad but the problem is finding the right level of competition. I'm either in a pinball machine being bounced around everywhere or I'm blowing everyone away.

I will say for the record that if anyone wants to do some exhibition races with the Miata, I'll be happy to host a room.
Tired and full of pain killers. :lol:
Sounds like me after my wisdom teeth surgery a few years ago except I was more "happy" than tired. :lol:
I posted a spot race interest check that nobody has responded to, really want to do a V8 supercar race using the Ford Falcons. We can use the same format for racing as the Miata's, but just do a 10 minute pre-race qualifying. Race would be next Saturday. Anyone here that is interested let me know. :)
I might be interested but I'm pretty certain I don't have the Falcon in my garage and I'm not sure that car is readily available.

I've got one. Anyone know how to dupe?

I have one as well.. happy to send out.

Not sure if you are asking how to dupe.. or if anyone else has one that knows how to dupe. Here's how:

- Save game file to PSN+ or flash drive.
- Start GT5.
- Send car to whomever you want.
- Exit GT5.
- Go to saved game file and choose copy.

Now you will have sent the car to the person, and still have it in your garage.

I have one too and I would love to do it! (depending on time) I'll dupe it out too to any one who's interested.

Btw Outlaw, Forcednduckshun's doing spec race lobbies again soon during the weekdays so you should hit him up sometime, plenty of great practice opportunity there.

If not then just shoot me a PM sometime when you're going into pubs and I'll join you. Add me on PSN too

I have one too and I would love to do it! (depending on time) I'll dupe it out too to any one who's interested.

Saturday at 5PM, although we could do 4PM to get all the qualifying out of the way before hand.

Btw Outlaw, Forcednduckshun's doing spec race lobbies again soon during the weekdays so you should hit him up sometime, plenty of great practice opportunity there.
I'll definitely look out for that. I came to realization on Saturday that I have not hit a ceiling on my skills and that more online races is exactly what I need.
If not then just shoot me a PM sometime when you're going into pubs and I'll join you. Add me on PSN too
I'll add you next time in on. I'm usually found in the shuffle rooms and yes, I do tend to be more aggressive in the public lobbies. :lol:

Oh, and someone please send me the Falcon when they get a chance. 👍

Just registered through the form :) hope to be in on this. was interested before but lost all time i had

Just registered through the form :) hope to be in on this. was interested before but lost all time i had

Good to see you coming around! 👍

Although, there is already a number 21 registered!

Good to see you coming around! 👍

Although, there is already a number 21 registered!

Correct, #21 is already taken. What would you like me to change it to D-Max?

Edit: You can also run a letter after the number, like 21d if you'd like.

Also, will you be able to make the racing times?

Are the times you are using GMT or american times? only night i wont make is a monday at 8pm GMT to 10pmGMT anything other than that is perfect. And if so then 11 will be my next choice of number or 12 :)

As long as you're ok with it. 👍

I posted a thread to gauge interest for a European series that would run at a friendly time for everyone on that side of the pond. Never really took off.

I'm going to go bump that now and see what we can do...

Edit: Wardez, I noticed that you posted in the season 1 thread about it being in the wrong section. I moved it to the appropriate place. 👍

Last edited:
Cool RT hah, yeah I just randomly psted there when I looked something up in it and realized it was in the general GT5 section. 'wonder how that happened.

My subscribed feature isn't working?

a whole page of conversation took place without me knowing.

ps - Does anyone have a google+ invite? lol

My subscribed feature isn't working?

a whole page of conversation took place without me knowing.

ps - Does anyone have a google+ invite? lol

Check your spam inbox, for some reason my Gmail started filtering all GTplanet Emails except for the news updates in my spam folder.

Had to remark a few to get it working right again.

I've signed up for the Flyin' Miata Super Cup, could you remove my name from the Hard Dog Challenge Series?

Looking forward to seeing you boys out on the track. If you need videos from the races, let me know and I can record in 1080p.

That would be cool, thanks.

Practice tomorrow will be at 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific as I have somewhere I have to be later in the afternoon.

Judging by the amount of interest we have right now, I'm thinking of postponing season 3 until later this year for a couple reasons:

First, for season 1 we had a TON of interest, and I think that was because it was run during the winter time when people were spending more time inside. Now that summer is here, interested is way down, not just in this series but all across the online racing forum.

Second, I might be getting a part time job on the weekends to help save for my move to Texas.

So, probably going to shift the start time to late October as it will be towards the end of summer, places will be starting to cool down and I should be moved by then.

Sounds good. I'll be here so I can wait. I think you're right about the whole summer thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back