Forza Motorsport 3

• Thread starter RedOak
  • 3,944 comments
Ah I see. Well I hate 95 % of codemasters racing titles after Colin Mcrae 2 and Toca 2 so I am getting automatically mad when their racing titles are mentioned lol.

Try some of Grids real world tracks like Istanbul and Le Mans pretty awful imo. First Codemaster title I have been able to have some fun with while driving the phantasy tracks mostly so not all bad.

Your point(s) is/are all over the place there. So let me help you out.

What makes racing games essentially fun for me, something I value more than anything, is the level of simulation.

Any concession towards "playability" has no place in a simulation race game.

It's people like you who open up the market for Midnight Club's, NFS:Underground's and all that stupid BS, and that's a bad thing. Developers who choose to create delicate, realistic racing games should be cherised.

I could go on about this for great lengths, but I'll leave with you the suggestion that comparisons made between EA type arcade games and Polyphony Digital games are extremely redundant.

Exactly what I was getting at.

Thank you for clarifying that, sn00pie.

;)

Maybe not everyone knows but it´s the GTR/GTL developers that make Shift. So they could make quite a decent simulation if they wanted to. Already made racing games with better physics then Forza 2 lol. Now I don´t expect Shift to be a hardcore simulator. I mean their physics polling rate at 160 hz or what it was give it away just there and all these achievements unlocked labels is very GRID like. But they may succeed a lot better then PGR or GRID attempted. Something very playable/accessible and still quite realistic.
That is what I expect anyway.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 40 cars or what it was in Shift so they could fine tune them better then what Turn 10 have time for with their 400 cars so it´s not a given really which one will feel better :)

I hope shift turns out to be a good game but i do not think it will be as good as Forza3.
What framerate does shift run at because to me a race game needs to run at 60fps not 30fps.
Look what happened to Race Pro it was spoilt because of poor frame rate and graphics and look at who made that game..
Shift from the videos looks to have good graphics but will the framerate be stable

Get the PC version if you are worried. I run race 07 at 250 fps lol

SMS is backed up by EA so not to worried about framerates and such. As being smooth have no idea at what framerate they are aiming at. The engine looks much better then the crappy homebrew please help me engine Simbin produced anyway.

But well time will tell but nobody seem to have complained about it over at E3.

Its going to be a good year for all of us who are into racing games.
Its also going to be an expensive one as well.
All of the games are looking to be good and most of us will be buying them all.
I already have a G25 wheel but i have ordered the Fanatec 360 wheel as well.
Good job i have a wife who does not mind.

2 new pics:

33a73op.jpg

2wd7xgy.jpg

Oh I missread your previous post, didn't think you meant real time.

Is the left hand rear pillar of that Ferrari supposed to be see through? It probably is it just looks odd at that angle.

Is the left hand rear pillar of that Ferrari supposed to be see through? It probably is it just looks odd at that angle.

Yes it is. It's a sort of "flying buttress" design. The back window wraps around like a hatch back, and those little wings connect the roof and quarter panels making it look more like a coupe than a hatch. An interesting design. Too bad the rest of the car is cack.

;)

who cares which game has best graphics, tbh they both have visual problems and anyone can take the time to point out the faults with both games, end of the day its which game has the best features and gameplay..

best tire physics
best online experience
realistic engine sounds
best support for hotlap community
best community related features
realistic AI
most artistic freedom in terms of painting / car building or tuning.
Most in depth tuning features/options
greater levels of car customization upgrades
Telemetry features
Wheel support
weather
day / night
tracks
best car damage model
.....ect ect

both of these games look absolutly fantastic and the visual differance between them is marginal at best, its all the other stuff thats going to decide which is the better game ( except for the fanboys they find any reason reguardless of how petty to slate the competition....its their loss imo )

tbh they both have visual problems and anyone can take the time to point out the faults with both games, end of the day im more interested in which game has.....

best tire physics
best online experience
realistic engine sounds
best support for hotlap community
best community related features
realistic AI
most artistic freedom in terms of painting / car building or tuning.
Most in depth tuning features/options
greater levels of car customization upgrades
Telemetry features
Wheel support
weather
day / night
tracks
best car damage model
.....ect ect

both of these games look absolutly fantastic and the visual differance between them is marginal at best, its all the other stuff thats going to decide which is the better game imo 👍

I 100% agree with those reasons making the choice as to which game is the best. In October FM3 will rule, until GT5 comes out in 20?? we can't really compare. I do know that FM is blowing me away with its online community/features, something PD has never done properly. Also FM1 and 2 where the only games that made me feel like I could build a SCCA racer out of almost any everyday car. I'm reserving judgment until FM3 is here, but it looks like it won't disappoint.👍

Why is it that Lambo's always look different Ingame compared to real life? Must be something with the design or something of the car itself.

(Note: I'm talking games in general not just Forza)

Other than the Forza cars looking like they have way to much wax on them under some funky looking sun, they look pretty good.

It's easy to make high def game photos look like down sized real life photos. They did the same things for GT5:P, but when you play the game it's still blatantly obvious its a game and I think you'd be stuid if you saw a GT5:P replay and thought it was real. Same with Forza 3, the graphics are very good, the colours are a bit too vibrant for the scenery but a good looking game anyway.

Dan on Tire deformation:
"Infact I dont know another racing game that does simulate this, and we're doing it on a console"

Clearly he doesn't know much about other racing games then. You could argue that he's only considering games on consoles, but then why does he say it the way he did.

But anyway, I'm still excited about the game. All it needs is a decent wheel that isn't gonna cost me more than $400 AUD and I'll buy it.

I hope you can hear the passion in my voice when I say that I hate him - with passion. The best game in world? Presumptuous much? Man I hate arrogant people before they can prove it.

Game looking good though, too bad all of it's ideals are wrong for me.

Edit: Some of the things he say have been said before exactly by Yamauchi, if I recall. Mainly about the rate of physics update and such. Too bad that everything this guy says makes it seem like it's a first ever.
Edit no2: My god, GT picked up the green line? They only made it blue?! You have got to be kidding me.

Last edited:
Back