General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
Aside from his normal Hadoken, Ryu has 3 different types. One can be done normally; One can be done in the air; and one can be done as a charge. The reason can also be that the notation is just down, down+forward,forward + attack. Wolvie's berserker barrage explanation has been tree'd.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/128589/what-do-you-want-bub-the-wolverine-questions-thread

I can see how that it matters more in Ryu's case than Wolverine then. I do look around at SRK now as well, but I'm wondering how air-throws work, it doesn't seem like simply launching and then trying to throw.

It is like SF2's throw, get close and mash HP lol. Though you would have to read the active/startup frame data to see what beats what. I think I was told that throws tend to 0 frames like in KOF XIII
Conversation from Japanese players about EVo14
http://pastebin.com/4QdH21Lq

Last edited:
I saw someone do the grab > jab xx super > U2 before. It's real intense that you could link a jab or strong after the wall bounce.

Last edited:
How does one do a shoryuken reversal from blockstun? Does one do the directional input during blockstun and then the button input on the first active state frame since it's impossible to do the whole command in one frame?

Another one for you, the first direct capture:

Last edited:
These Rage Arts honestly just scream SFxT to me. Perhaps this is also a test session for TxSF. I'm actually wondering if that title has been getting some field testing via Tekken Revolution (Graphics) and now these Tekken 7 Test locations (Supers)

Edit: More videos:

Disregard the awkward people doing all the speaking.

Last edited:
Either the person dropped a combo or mistimed something.
Huh? No I mean it's possible to do a shoryuken on the first frame after blockstun, right? Or not? Well, if it is then I guess the directional input is done ahead of that first frame?

Over the weekend, I picked up "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale." As a Super Smash Bros. fan, this game plays a lot like a Super Smash Bros. title. The strategy is much different, however, because you are concentrating your energy more on utilizing Super moves to knock out your opponents rather than trying to throw people off the screen or into holes. I completed Story Mode using Cole. I am now using Dante and Heihachi.

I have never played "Super Smash Bros. Brawl." However, I have certainly logged 1K+ fights in Super Smash Bros. Melee. What "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" offers is a greatly tactical experience. It isn't as fun as a Super Smash Bros. title with the items and weapons. The game is still pretty good at dealing punishment. It is even more fun if you are able to get up to Level 2 or even Level 3 Super attacks. So while "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" isn't as fun as the Super Smash Bros. games, the tactics and execution in dealing damage is still pretty deep.

Many people have hated that Crash Bandicoot wasn't featured in this lineup. I am not much a veteran of Sony games to know who should and shouldn't be an "All-Star" in this series. It's still a pretty good game.

More comments... Tekken 7- even with the rather low-res videos- looks very impressive. That Rage Arts video is kind of like a different take on Super-style attacks. It doesn't seriously take away from the original character of Tekken titles. It would be foolish to say that Tekken would slowly become a Street Fighter clone just because of those Rage Arts.

Huh? No I mean it's possible to do a shoryuken on the first frame after blockstun, right? Or not? Well, if it is then I guess the directional input is done ahead of that first frame?
It is possible if the dp has a better active frame. Imo

Back