Grind Map: Endurance B-Spec Level 25-35 (updated 11/12/10)

Suzuka 1000km in the sun with the X1 is about 4h20m (in the rain 5something). My driver pitted twice in the last two laps. I've notice this a couple of times. Low gas triggered the automatic pit but it was so close to the end of the race that the game calculated that he wouldn't need very much gas to finish (6L ?) but this amount was low enough to trigger a pitstop for on the next lap. When he pitted the next lap the game calculated that he didn't need anymore gas.

Jeezus my PS3 has been on for a SOLID Week :crazy:

But i've gone from Level 16 to 30 in B-Spec

And the Plebs are now at 30 , 29 , 27 , 26 , 24 :)

Still got one slot free for a Newbie aswell

I'll do the Suzuka Overnight though sod sitting here for 6 + Hours during the Daytime :grumpy:

The first page needs editing to show the numbers for XP correctly, at the moment it shows decimal places when i think the OP meant it to be a comma to indicate a thousand...

In the FGT, the Grand Valley 300 km only takes 1 hours and 40-45 minutes. So about 650 xp/min with that. When i get to lvl 27, i will post the time for the FGT in the Laguna Seca 200 miles. :)

i leave my ps3 on for about 6-7 hours a day sometimes more and i elevate it on some games so it gets a lot of air i put the games on the sides of the ps3 it never gets hot

The first page needs editing to show the numbers for XP correctly, at the moment it shows decimal places when i think the OP meant it to be a comma to indicate a thousand...

That would be because he's Brazilian, and that's how the rest of the world writes numbers. The world doesn't revolve around the US. :dunce:

i leave my ps3 on for about 6-7 hours a day sometimes more and i elevate it on some games so it gets a lot of air i put the games on the sides of the ps3 it never gets hot

Mine have now been playing GT5 in 7 hours in a row, and is not that hot (normal temperature). It all depends on how much space your PS3 have around it (especially at where the hot air comes out of your PS3, and thats also in the back). Mine have alot of "free air" around it, so i wont mind if it were on for 24 hours +. :)

I've had mine on for a week now and no issues. I leave my cell phone on for weeks, same with iPod touch and computer. PS3 is just another device like them

That would be because he's Brazilian, and that's how the rest of the world writes numbers. The world doesn't revolve around the US. :dunce:

I'm English.
Anyway this forum has to be in English according to the rules i believe.
If it's the way the rest of the world does it, then it is wrong for this forum.

on one lan-party i saw mine (fat) and three others (2*fat+1 slim) running for about 72hrs and there wan´t a problem
i only had a problem when i was not gaming for a week
when i shwitched my ps3 on i had YLOD (that was before the 3-day-lan), so i bought a new one because it was already 3 years old and sony only ffered me a used one >:( :P

Mine has been on non stop since the 24th. No problems. YLOD is overhyped.

I had the 'ylod' on my launch console back in April. Had just moved to sunny France and was cycling every day so I just dropped it into a box for 7 months... Until GT5! I'd seen a clip on youtube on how to fix it so before buying a new one I tried it out. It worked like a dream and it's hardly been off since!
As well as dust etc, the main cause of the 'ylod' is the heating up and cooling down of the cpu and the adjoining solder... quite literally, you're better off leaving it on constantly!
It's all down to the expansion and contraction that occurs over the whole circuit board every time you fire up or turn off your PS3 so just keep playing!

As well as dust etc, the main cause of the 'ylod' is the heating up and cooling down of the cpu and the adjoining solder... quite literally, you're better off leaving it on constantly!
It's all down to the expansion and contraction that occurs over the whole circuit board every time you fire up or turn off your PS3 so just keep playing!

Exactly!

Oh dear! Just let Bob start the last round of the dream car championship on the full wet tyres he finished the last race on... it's not raining anymore!

EDIT: I'll be damned... they all pitted at the end of lap #1 (1st time that any of them have in this championship) and he's now up to 1st!

Go Bob!

Not on-thread I know but I'm still here!

Last edited:
according to the calculator i created, using the X1 on the Dreamcar C'Ship gives around 4200 credits/min and around 1100xp/min that's with all the races done (excluding loadtimes, just race times). if I skip the last one, i'd be getting more than 4200/min credits.

I had the 'ylod' on my launch console back in April. Had just moved to sunny France and was cycling every day so I just dropped it into a box for 7 months... Until GT5! I'd seen a clip on youtube on how to fix it so before buying a new one I tried it out. It worked like a dream and it's hardly been off since!

This is true, as long as you allow proper airflow so the PS3 doesnt over-heat.

Thing is that cool-hot-cool-hot cycles create metal fatigue, which will make the metal more fragile, and more prone to break.

The pay out for Dream Car in B-Spec just got a lot more interesting. 1.080.000 credits (yes that's over a million) for the whole series.

Dream Car
Indianapolis
108,000 14848 17:28 FGT (6171c/min : 849x/min)
Monza
108,000 16687 18:36 FGT (5838c/min : 902x/min)
Tokyo R246
108,000 16176 17:27 FGT (6171c/min : 927x/min)
Circuit De La Sarthe
108,000 15354 17:11 FGT (6297c/min : 896x/min)
Nordschleife
108,000 18331 22:46 FGT (4804c/min : 805x/min)
Prize 540,000c

Recommended strategy is to skip the last race as winning 4 is enough for the bonus.
972,000 63065 1:10:42 FGT (13885c/min : 892x/min)

Back