Grind Map: Endurance B-Spec Level 25-35 (updated 11/12/10)

Seriously guys... good luck doing the endurance if you are afraid of leaving the PS3 on for more than a few hours. I mean, why do they even have a 24hr race in the game then?

Mine has been on since the 24th as well. 40GB fat model.

These are all B-Spec, dont know if A-Spec is the Same (Time prolly isnt lol)

For all races i let my Bob drive my Minolta, and i always leave the ps3 on and walked away so he was always cold doing slow lap times.

And also ONLY going into the pit when Tires or Gas were low, So i always had that "Auto-Pit" tiredness thing turned off.

Sometimes they were running at Zero Physical and Zero Mental. (Slaves !!!!!)

Level 25
Grand Valley 300km
- 60 Laps
Time Estimated: 2 hours 5 mins.
Total XP: 68.590
XP/Min: 549
Car Reward: Honda DUALNOTE Concept '01 (S)

Level 26
Roadster
Time Estimated:
Fixed 4 hours
XP:121.577
XP/Min: 506
Car Reward: Mazda 110S (L10A) '67 (S)

Level 27
Laguna Seca 200 miles
- 90 Laps
Time Estimated: +- 2 Hours 15 mins.
XP: 95.561
XP/Min: 707
Car Reward: Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 (S)

Level 28
Indianapolis 500 miles
- 200 Laps
Time Estimated: +-2 Hours 30 Mins.
XP: 157.762
XP/Min: 1.051
Car Reward: Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (S)

Level 30
Suzuka 1000km
- 172 Laps
Time Estimated: Sunny: +- 6 Hours // Rainy: +-7 Hours 30 mins.
XP: 354.561
XP/Min: 984
Car Reward: Nissan Fairlady Z-Concept LM Race Car (S)

Level 32
Nurburgring 4h

Time Estimated: Fixed 4 Hours
XP: 290.919
XP/Min: 1.212
Car Reward: Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08 (P)

Level 33
Tsukuba 9h

Time Estimated: Fixed 9 Hours
XP: 661.144
XP/Min: 1.224
Car Reward: Amuse S2000 GT1 ‘04 (S)

Level 35
Le Mans 24h
Timed Estimated:
Fixed 24 Hours
XP: 2.241.184
XP/Min: 1.556
Car Reward: Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) ‘99 (S)

Level 40
Nurburgring 24h

Time Estimated: Fixed 24 Hours
XP: ???
Car Reward: ???

FYI suzuka 1000km only takes 5 hours with FGT :)

This has probably been asked several times, but can you save in the middle of an endurance race?

Things like computers and PS3's are better to run non stop rather than stopping and starting, I THINK.

True. Hardest part of life for computers is right when ya hit ON. Once it's running and as long as ya keep it in a cool/clean place, ya fine.

I never turn mine off...and I'm rocking a fat launch PS3. Only time its off is if the power goes out. Never had a problem.

👍 Same here - Launch Day 60GB. It used to be one for weeks on end when I participated in Folding@home. Four years later and the machine is still purring nicely.

These exp. points are fine, as long as you win. I got much less exp. points for 6th place in 24h Le mans Race (it was only ~139.000 or 1.390.000). Is tthat correct or I saw wrong?

Glad I have a 787B Stealth - $500 engine rebuilds and chassis refresh is not bad at all for grinding purposes :)

I never turn mine off. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I think it does far more damage to power-cycle it than to just leave it on all the time.

i leave my ps3 on for about 6-7 hours a day sometimes more and i elevate it on some games so it gets a lot of air i put the games on the sides of the ps3 it never gets hot

Same here, my fat PS3 has been turned on constantly since it's launch, so 3 years or more and the only thing I do is to make sure I keep all of the external vents clear from dust build up.

To be fair I treat it like all my Hi-Fi equipment, never turn any of it off.

I don't know what the standby wattage is on a PS3. Someone must know. Anyway, it is a small part of my electric bill. I leave 5 computers/devices (not even including TV set top boxes) powered up 7x24x365 and my electric bill is pretty reasonable.

Anyway, as someone who works in the chip business I know what happens when silicon is heated up and cooled down repeatedly. It gets worn out. It's the temperature change that wears it out, not being warm or cool for a long time. Silicon has certain tolerances that decrease as a device is warmed and cooled repeatedly. The only thing that needs to be tended to is the cooling and a vacuuming now and then should be sufficient to clean the dust that is going to collect at the opening.

If the tolerances in manufacturing of the PS3 are sufficiently loose then repeated power-cycling shouldn't harm it. The point is, there is absolutely no harm done by leaving it powered on all the time other than the burning of energy.

Whether the machine can handle it or not, it's beyond me why you wouldn't turn it off when it's not in use. Such a waste.

Sure thing, your electricity bill might be reasonable, but what possible gain is there?
I don't wanna be the guy who tells you what to with your belongings, but I just cannot see the reasoning. It has a power button for a reason.

It just doesn't sit well with me that power most likely produced by the burning of coal and other crap is being completely wasted.

Anyone care to update this thread with info for the 24hr level 40 race.

Someone should have done the 24hr Nurburgring already.. Please update.. I am at Lvl 34, almost there at 35. Once I'm at 35, it should only take a few more days to get to 40 ;)

These are all B-Spec, dont know if A-Spec is the Same (Time prolly isnt lol)

For all races i let my Bob drive my Minolta, and i always leave the ps3 on and walked away so he was always cold doing slow lap times.

And also ONLY going into the pit when Tires or Gas were low, So i always had that "Auto-Pit" tiredness thing turned off.

Sometimes they were running at Zero Physical and Zero Mental. (Slaves !!!!!)

I just start to play the B-Spec, wondering if you turn the "Auto-pit" on, how often does Bob goes into the pit and pee?

I just start to play the B-Spec, wondering if you turn the "Auto-pit" on, how often does Bob goes into the pit and pee?

I don't think there's an option for Auto-Pit. There is strategize Pit, but I'd leave them alone and just let them drive with Strength and Mental completely depleted....that is if your driver have an overpowering car. Your drivers will automatically choose the best possible time to Pit (whether it'd be tire-wear or gas-depletion first). The game also calculates the amount of gas that should be filled during pit, according to the remainder of the race, pretty well too. Basically, once it's starts, you just let him fly.

I don't think there's an option for Auto-Pit. There is strategize Pit, but I'd leave them alone and just let them drive with Strength and Mental completely depleted....that is if your driver have an overpowering car. Your drivers will automatically choose the best possible time to Pit (whether it'd be tire-wear or gas-depletion first). The game also calculates the amount of gas that should be filled during pit, according to the remainder of the race, pretty well too. Basically, once it's starts, you just let him fly.

That sound good to me, because I don't want to come back and do the setting. Just want to start the race and then sleep. Thank you.

Someone should have done the 24hr Nurburgring already.. Please update.. I am at Lvl 34, almost there at 35. Once I'm at 35, it should only take a few more days to get to 40 ;)

Ha ha dream on. 35-40 is more like a few weeks.:lol:

hi all. been grinding away, got to level 35 yesterday and am running 24hr Le Mans now. is the information i have read here about it taking 6 24hr Le Mans wins to level up to 40 been verified as correct? does anyone have the actual numbers breakdown as to how many credits are required for each level up from 35? (i scanned the thread and didn't see this - apologies if i overlooked it)

i'm not overly concerned about it, i just want to know what i am getting into here on my quest to finish all of b-spec once and for all! besides, my wrists/knuckles/shoulders need a rest from a-spec anyway (force feedback wheel really causes fatigue/soreness for me lately).

-d

Latest Posts

Back