GT5 images

• Thread starter Fruitcake
  • 784 comments
Looks like the driver from the Audi R8 video in the parking garage. Maybe you get to choose or even better customize your driver. Home avatars anyone?
Designing your own racing outfit would be awesome, but creating a man with costume and sunglasses is not cool IMO. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some people just cant accept that the video might not be ingame. So I was questioned about me suggesting it might not be ingame footage.

And you were rightly questioned. You have every right to question-back but the question still stands as you've not actually answered it! Where is your proof?

Its a trailer with 10 times more detail then gt5p, of course its CGI...

Because it's got different times, more crowds? We all know Prologue isn't a measure of the full game.

And you were rightly questioned. You have every right to question-back but the question still stands as you've not actually answered it! Where is your proof?

I dont have proof neither does that other person. Also I did say MIGHT NOT more than once didnt I. I didnt say it was actualy CGI did I?

Sweetshopunion: Have you ever seen a trailer who is not better looking then in game? Just wait and see when gt5 comes out and compare it to trailer. Kinda like difference in gt5p intro and in game..

No I mean the one with the 10 times more detail than GT5P as stated in the post I quoted

My sarcasm tags failed I guess

I wouldnt go as far as saying 10x detail but it does have at least 25 - 50% more detail.

Sweetshopunion: Have you ever seen a trailer who is not better looking then in game? Just wait and see when gt5 comes out and compare it to trailer. Kinda like difference in gt5p intro and in game..

No but the trailer will have gone under post-production. Simple contrast, brightness, saturation etc edits to make it look better than what a console could render as you play. GT5 won't look as good as the trailer because no post-production takes place.

I think it can be CGI. Take a look at the scene where the c4 wrc races sx4. The Citroen does not behave like a gt5 car (Also, the weels do not turn, but the car changes directions). Something is wrong there.

Also, did anyone notice full screen anti aliasing in that movie? GT5P does not have it because the ps3 is not powerful enough to have solid frame rates with that much detail.

in that case, they'd better have open/close option for roadsters soft/hard top..💡

Indeed. I've been waiting a long time for that. Custom driver would be brilliant, or as Earth said, "Home Avatars" being included, would be incredible. For the first time ever in a GT series you would feel like you were in the world driving these beautiful cars, not just remote controlling them.

That picture of Peter Solberg (sp?) in car, is stunning. Looks incredibly real. Although, that may be prerendered.

;)

Ok if you want to be like that wheres the evidence that its ingame?
I asked you were your evidence was, not for you to ask me the exact same question to escape answering it.

As I've said, there's really no reason to doubt that is in-game footage that's been cleaned up.

1) Polyphony have never used CGI to create teaser trailers. Kazunori isn't that kind of man.
2) I don't see where at in this trailer that it's sprouting 15% more detail. In fact, the tracks & environments all feature graphics & details that look exactly like the tracks in Prologue. This goes for the cars as well.
3) Even if there is more detail, why is it hard to believe that GT5 looks this good? After all, we all know how anal Kazunori is about details and with the year & half of difference between GT5:P & this trailer, I find it very likely that he was able to sharpen up everything.

Honestly, do you have any real source/evidence that could remotely lead everyone to believe it's CGI & not post-edited in-game footage like Forza 3's debut trailer?

BTW, if this is CGI, why do these hay bails looks exactly like typical GT fashion, aka, fake? They're not detailed at all, which seems to be a trend among GT games when it comes to these little things in the environment.
1zqq91w.png

Reventón;3415962
I asked you were your evidence was, not for you to ask me the exact same question to escape answering it.

As I've said, there's really no reason to doubt that is in-game footage that's been cleaned up.

1) Polyphony have never used CGI to create teaser trailers. Kazunori isn't that kind of man.
2) I don't see where at in this trailer that it's sprouting 15% more detail. In fact, the tracks & environments all feature graphics & details that look exactly like the tracks in Prologue. This goes for the cars as well.
3) Even if there is more detail, why is it hard to believe that GT5 looks this good? After all, we all know how anal Kazunori is about details and with the year & half of difference between GT5:P & this trailer, I find it very likely that he was able to sharpen up everything.

Honestly, do you have any real source/evidence that could remotely lead everyone to believe it's CGI & not post-edited in-game footage like Forza 3's debut trailer?

BTW, if this is CGI, why do these hay bails looks exactly like typical GT fashion, aka, fake? They're not detailed at all, which seems to be a trend among GT games when it comes to these little things in the environment.
1zqq91w.png

First of all you must have not read my posts on post 60 and 64 so heres the posts for you to read.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3415882&postcount=64

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3415871&postcount=60

Read the words in bold letters.

Second the picture has a lot of motion blur. Just like in real life when a camera is moving fast and has a lot of motion blur objects will lose detail.

while there are a lot of things that are up in the air about this game there is one that seems to be very clear... photo realism confirmed. lol

"Up in the air" in many of the pics, I see things that indicate soon-to-arrive inclement weather. I wonder which button on the DFGT will toggle on the wipers? Just wondering.............??

Accumac

First of all you must have not read my posts on post 60 and 64 so heres the posts for you to read.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3415882&postcount=64

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3415871&postcount=60

Read the words in bold letters.

Second the picture has a lot of motion blur. Just like in real life when a camera is moving fast and has a lot of motion blur objects will lose detail.
And here's a post you need to read.
I personally believe it's pre-rendered CGI,
That is the exert you quoted from Tenacious' post. This was your reply.
I agree 100%. If the graphics are anything to go from prologue then the graphics wont be as good as those pics and videos. I have a 40" 1080P TV and I still see some (not much) Jaggies. Even the intro video in Prologue has better graphics than the game itself.
While you did not say it was or was not CGI, you fully agreed with someone else who believed that it was CGI. Thus, you DO believe it was not in-game.

If it was CGI wouldn't they have made it perfect as opposed to having straight edges instead of curves and low res textures here and there? I'll post a few images to demonstrate my point soon.

Im not saying it isnt ingame footage but im not saying it is either. but those cars look too realistic to me to be actual gameplay.

I dont have proof neither does that other person. Also I did say MIGHT NOT more than once didnt I.

Wow you realy did read my posts even though I said what I am quouting but you still question me?:rolleyes:

Read the bold text this time.

Wow you realy did read my posts even though I said what I am quouting but you still question me?:rolleyes:

Read the bold text this time.

Go back and read your reply to Tenacious. You agreed 100% with him that it was CGI. If you did or did not believe it was CGI, WHY did you fully agree with him?

You're trying to back track right now, but in reality, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

Yes I can feel the pain. I know I agreed with him 100% are you going to keep repeating that until the end of time. Do you ever change your mind about things or are you one of those people who think they are perfect and always need to pick an argument over small things all the time?

Yes I can feel the pain. I know I agreed with him 100% are you going to keep repeating that until the end of time. Do you ever change your mind about things or are you one of those people who think they are perfect and always need to pick an argument over small things all the time?
Now you're just trying to resort to attacks, and can't see that you were wrong.

Unless you have proof or even anything remotely close to as to why it would be CGI, I'm done with this discussion.

Reventón;3416074
Now you're just trying to resort to attacks, and can't see that you were wrong.

Unless you have proof or even anything remotely close to as to why it would be CGI, I'm done with this discussion.

Its normal for a human to resort to attacks when another human continues to tell them they are wrong. Theres only so much I can take before I lose my cool and you started to push it. Also I know I was wrong but that also makes me human and inperfect. I also said twice already (This is my third time) That I have no proof that it is CGI. Do you have proof that its not CGI?

If it was CGI wouldn't they have made it perfect as opposed to having straight edges instead of curves and low res textures here and there? I'll post a few images to demonstrate my point soon.

Fair point. The wheel is composed of a large ammount of short lines, i.e. it's a 3D model with a lot of polygons, but not with so many polygons that you'd need to pre-render it.

Then again, I'm no expert.

-Z

As said. Good point. I'll hunt some to... :D

PD has pretty much always used the game engine for their intros and trailers. All they have ever done is oversample them to get rid of the jaggies. They rendered it at a higher resolution with anti-aliasing on, then shrank it to make it look better. The intro to GT5:P is in game, it's just not real time. I don't doubt this is the same.

Also, it is very easy to increase the poly count for pre-rendered CGI, but it seems to me that there are quite a bit of visible polygons in the zoomed in pictures. Pretty much screams in-game models to me.

Latest Posts

Back