GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Before the game was released. They said all cars and tracks from the previous Gran Turismo will be returning. We got the cars, so where are the tracks?

I can't be any more specific than that; I'm no Google ninja, either, especially now it's so damned selective.

The closest I can get is:
Shuhei Yoshida
Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations ...

I don't see how GT5's track roster is more comprehensive than GT4's.

Just earned a hard-thought fourth in an extremely competitive race at the Nurb' in heavy rain. My highlight was sneaking 6th from an obnoxious goon at Karussel. Then after a mishap, pulling the exact same move on him again on the next lap.

Moments like this make me love GT5.

Mid-Field Raceway and Apricot Hill Raceway are two of the biggest tracks I'm surprised didn't make it into GT5. You can even make the case for Seattle. I'm actually sort of surprised there aren't too many evening or sunset tracks in GT5 compared to GT3 and GT4.

Even with its shortcomings, I still enjoy GT5 as much as I do almost any Gran Turismo. I said a long time ago that whether or not GT5 becomes any sort of success is if the weight of GT5's shortcomings ultimately bring down GT5 as a whole. We hated how Standard cars didn't have interiors or that you couldn't change the wheels early on. Updates later changed this. I'll still play GT5 out of love and out of dedication. It took me a while to finally get my PS3 and Gran Turismo 5, but when I did eventually get both, I haven't regretted buying GT5. A lot of things could have made GT5 better. However, GT5 couldn't be any more worse. So where do you draw the line? I'm taking the defensive approach because I've gotten tired of all the rants I've seen for GT5. I was even defensive here on GTPlanet back in the wait for Gran Turismo 4 as well as after GT4 was released. If I was terribly disappointed, I'd go on an epic rage on GTPlanet, not caring who all thought I was a whiny troll.

My GT5 experience is now basically at about nine months. In those nine months, I still have the itch and desire to play and enjoy GT5 as I did when I first played or even when I played the GT5 kiosk demo.

Mid-Field Raceway and Apricot Hill Raceway are two of the biggest tracks I'm surprised didn't make it into GT5. You can even make the case for Seattle. I'm actually sort of surprised there aren't too many evening or sunset tracks in GT5 compared to GT3 and GT4.

Agreed, inexplicable is the word I'd use to describe their omission from the game. I can only guess, or imagine that they wanted to include more classic tracks but they ran out of time. And I assume the same thing happened with Spa and Kart Space; I believe those tracks were completed after the release of GT5, as opposed to created from scratch.

Before the game was released. They said all cars and tracks from the previous Gran Turismo will be returning. We got the cars, so where are the tracks?

No we don't... what about all the BMW's, Mitsubishi Galant and the Mitsubishi Pajero Mini from GT2,.. There are hundreds of cars they missed from the old GT games, and hundreds they've never had!

sk8tepenguin
No we don't... what about all the BMW's, Mitsubishi Galant and the Mitsubishi Pajero Mini from GT2,.. There are hundreds of cars they missed from the old GT games, and hundreds they've never had!

I saw a galant the other day in the ucl didn't buy it cause it's a galant lol pajero loo driftor!

Regarding the GT4 tracks making an appearance in GT5 - maybe PD have been modelling _everything_ to an extremely high quality so all assets can be immediately used for the next-gen GT using a new engine? Then when completing an asset, downscaling it's complexity so that it works with GT5? Just a thought. I would kill for more tracks and premium upgrades in GT5. Preferably not paid for like the XJR-9.

Regarding the GT4 tracks making an appearance in GT5 - maybe PD have been modelling _everything_ to an extremely high quality so all assets can be immediately used for the next-gen GT using a new engine? Then when completing an asset, downscaling it's complexity so that it works with GT5? Just a thought. I would kill for more tracks and premium upgrades in GT5. Preferably not paid for like the XJR-9.

not if GT6 takes 6 six years to be released. The industry and this particular genre is moving faster than it used to, both in terms of quantity and quality.

It's been 1 year and 4 months so far. I truly didn't want to do this comparison again, but that other company releases their home console games every 24 months and not 122.

In other news, tomorrow is St. Patrick's day and also exactly 2 months from January's DLC pack.

Last edited:
Let's not start this gentlemen. The thread for such arguing is here and you should know that. We all know there are pros and cons to both and then we have personal opinion. Move on.

spunwicked

How would one downscale a tracks complexity? Wouldn't it be easier to build it up to the required complexity then going farther? :odd:

not if GT6 takes 6 six years to be released. The industry and this particular genre is moving faster than it used to, both in terms of quantity and quality.

It's been 1 year and 4 months so far. I truly didn't want to do this comparison again, but that other company releases their home console games every 24 months and not 122.

In other news, tomorrow is St. Patrick's day and also exactly 2 months from January's DLC pack.

122 months? Ten years and two months? We were waiting for GT2.

And we all know why Microsoft put a new game out every 24 months, and it has little to do with caring about making a quality product. Although, thankfully, Forza hasn't suffered yet, because absolute quality is still a requirement in this heretofore not-fully-tapped "genre"; lets hope that doesn't change.
Then again, you could have said the same about CoD at around its fourth iteration, although I lost interest after the second (interestingly, I feel the same about Forza; and GT2 is still my favourite GT, for nostalgia mostly - bizzarre)

Also, the last I checked, sixteen are fewer than twenty-four, so I don't think the comparison is quite due yet. The "speed" of the industry is irrelevant; that's a by-product of increased investment, which is a by-product of increased potential profit - look what happened to movies and music.
What you should be concerned with is the balance of increases in investment and complexity, as that's what truly sets the "speed" of development. Increasing complexity gives the potential for consistently superceding great games with more great games, and increasing investment is what enables that potential to be realised on any sensible timescale. Of course, increased complexity eats into any increases in potential profit, so that's yet more balance.

PD were too small a company (although still large by the industry standards) to make GT5 to the level they wanted, and in the timescale people wanted; they have since expanded: I expect that's probably a good thing.

The 24 months is close but look at assassins creed only 12 months between games given revalations was a utter flop. Enough man power and teams I am sure a game could be rushed throu 6- 12 months.

The 24 months is close but look at assassins creed only 12 months between games given revalations was a utter flop. Enough man power and teams I am sure a game could be rushed throu 6- 12 months.

True but if Assassins creed had 1000+ characters, each one with different specs, visual and attack/movements and it had 40+ different scenarios it would be just like GT5... it'll take a while.

I propose we don't post at all here until actual news comes. I know GT5 news is slow, but this goes off-topic so much it barely warrants being open.

Periodically this argument comes up as to whether this is a thread solely for news; usually it turns out that's not the case. General GT5 discussion that doesn't fit into any other thread is normal here, and can be better than starting a new thread in some cases.

I hope if we do get the classic GT Tracks we get them at once in a reasonbly Priced Pack.If they release them once every 2 month at the same Price as SPA or Route X then I'd be really Dissapointed .

Hope we get more A-spec along side them aswell ,Online and/or Seasonal events still don't cut it for me .

If someone could find or even make a GIF of a tumble weed it would be great for showing how I view GTplanet at the moment...

Infact... heres a photo that sums up all the GT5 players at the moment!

dyingofthirst.jpg

If someone could find or even make a GIF of a tumble weed it would be great for showing how I view GTplanet at the moment...

Infact... heres a photo that sums up all the GT5 players at the moment!

dyingofthirst.jpg

That's EXACTLY how I'm feeling about GT5.

I'm starving for news.

Back