GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
SHIRAKAWA-> I think PD already has inputed it (nut hasn't released it yet) or else this logo would be irrelevant:

monza-logo-smaller.png

:indiff:

That's because it's the official logo of the track. For example, the oval section is currently not used (except for historic parades, not racing), but you can see it there.

Any news on drag strip tracks like the Las Vegas one in GT4? I would like a drag strip on the runway at the Top Gear track-I'm sure it would be easy to create. Would be good for checking which cars fastest-Lambo vs Ferrari, Integra vs Lancer, Fiat 500 vs Mini (joke!). If theres no drag strips, I suppose it will be easy to create a 5 mile straight in the Course maker!

Speaking of the Course Maker, I did a video examining the screen shots and tried to guess how it would actually work...heres the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOJ4PZtMr4c
Wonder if my predictions will come true?!

EDIT: Apologies for double post...I'm a newbie!
@ Traviizter thanks for advice on posting and for the good feedback on my video. Appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be Off Topic, but mike3648, don't double post, put:
'EDIT: Speaking of the Course Maker...'
In your first post.
Although I realise you are new, so Welcome to GTPlanet. :D

EDIT: I watched your video; great stuff! I haven't seen those Screenies yet, so thanks for that. Nicely detailed, the music really went with the video too. Liked and Faved. :)

Do u think, PD still working on new tracks or just refining what they already done?
Can't believe they will not feature SPA, it's a must have for any kind of driving game.

They won't be doing any more work on the Master version so close to release. GT5, is in effect, waiting to be put in your PS3.

Do u think, PD still working on new tracks or just refining what they already done?
Can't believe they will not feature SPA, it's a must have for any kind of driving game.

If they're working on tracks then it's just them polishing the tracks. There shouldn't be enough time to finish a completely new track and put it into the game unless that track is very close to being complete. The game is now due in a little over a month which means that they'll probably being going gold any time now.

The game is already finished. Wich circuits are inside? Nobody knows that.

@Traviizter

On top-right: Day and time.

One thing got me thinking, Kaz said that there would be another fictional track which would be better than Trial Mountain and Deep Forest, the track in question is presumably Cape Ring.

Since we already have Trial Mountain confirmed, wouldn't that comparison be a little hint of a completely rebuilt version of Deep Forest? I can't stop thinking that DF is almost guaranteed just by analyzing that comparison.

Personally, I still think that all tracks from GTPSP, or at least those that can be seen in the GTPSP intro, will be in GT5.
So, that would include Deep Forest.

I also still hope for a Shuto Expressway-like network of roads from which to make several long Special Stage tracks (even point to point ones, not only loops). The weather effects trailer seems to point to this direction. To me this would be way much better than a new "professional" track similar to Trial Mountain/Deep Forest.

This is the thread where that possibility was discussed.

Personally, I hope. There can potentially be 5:

- Monza 2010
- Monza 2010 short course (Pista Junior)
- Monza 50s road course (unchicaned)
- Monza 50s oval course
- Monza 50s full course (unchicaned road + oval)

However, nothing about those has been confirmed or even hinted so far.

End 50s/60s you mean then? Parabolica was built in 55.

(and if we're getting all those versions, I want my Florio version!)

That was supposed to be read as "the fifties' version", not "the year 1950 version".
(as in GT4 with Fuji Speedway '80s, '90s, etc.)

You forgot Laguna Seca :)
Oops!
Anyway, that was an experiment. A "board friendly" list is harder to maintain from what I've seen, and also harder to read since I can't put data in columns. I think I'll stick with the usual screenshots of the list from my spreadsheet.

Just trying out a board-friendly version of my track list:

Tokyo Route 246 (Akasaka)
CITY COURSE / Japan
Short
Long

What's with this here? Short R246? Is this just a mistake or am I missing something? Also, when were Eiger East and West confirmed? Did you just base that on the extra part of the circuit on the track map? If so, including that could just make it the full circuit, in which case there'd only be 3 variations : Full course, West course, East course (one of these would be the "short" course).

What's with this here? Short R246? Is this just a mistake or am I missing something? Also, when were Eiger East and West confirmed? Did you just base that on the extra part of the circuit on the track map? If so, including that could just make it the full circuit, in which case there'd only be 3 variations : Full course, West course, East course (one of these would be the "short" course).

They were all spotted in the course list in the Times Square event demo. No photos of those, so they couldn't be really considered 100% confirmed like the new Cape Ring original track, but I put them in the list anyway for later final confirmation. By looking at the walkways (from which the fictional track Eiger Nordwand is loosely based on) in the area on satellite maps (near Kleine Scheidegg, Switzerland) they would be all possible layouts. However I don't know which one of those variations would be the Eiger Nordwand we know.

kleine.jpg

As for Tokyo R246, a short version would be very plausible, not only since the track is already rather long for a city track (by GT standards, at least: 5.15 Km), but also because it would be very simple to obtain a short variation:

tokyor246.jpg

But it could even go further and circumnavigate completely the park of Akasaka Palace by cutting the bottom right corner in the image above.

Is all this starting to plunge into speculation? Probably, but we don't need to be too formal and rigid (a bad example of this would be the now closed car list thread) as long as we keep rational with the possible inclusions.

Last edited:
Regarding Eiger again, I was wondering... since it appears we will have many variations (4+ from what a user saw at the Times Square Event) I tried figuring out what could be the possible layouts (although knowing that Eiger is only loosely based on the actual walkways). Seeing that the Tokyo Game Show Demo added a 1.1 Km section, I think that section could be important in making those extra layouts.

eiger.jpg
eigelong.png

It would be possible to have a west section, east section, short, long (as spotted at the Times Square event) and even longer loops in multiple configurations.
Eiger Nordwand is an unusually short track, so I think other variations would add roads, rather than remove them from it.

I'm 90% sure that this new section are the pits, if that was a section of another circuit, why have it represented on the map? I would argue that the pits are somewhat rare yes, but I can't think anything else that suits the map.

To me it seems a bit too long for being the pits, which also I would expect to be somewhere close to the start line, not in the middle of the track.

On Google Earth I measured that section to be about 1.1 Km long. It might not be the best source of information for as the track is only partially based on the real scenery, but the representation I made on it has almost the same scale of the GT5 version.

As I said, the section is a little weird to be a pit, and I also think that would be better parallel in the main straight, but as I have said before, if it's a new section of a longer circuit, why represent it on the map? That never happened in any GT, every variant has its own map.

The south path traced by Akira is very nice, narrower and twistier roads than the standard eiger would be much more cool to drive on.

Also, are there more pics of the supposed Autumn Ring, present in the times square Demo?

I'm 90% sure that this new section are the pits, if that was a section of another circuit, why have it represented on the map? I would argue that the pits are somewhat rare yes, but I can't think anything else that suits the map.

I don't think I've seen a GT track map that shows that pits of any track.

Back