GT5 Vs Forza DLC

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 159 comments
ORPHANTHIRTY7
Well. i was making point but i explained a few things first, if you read my whole post instead of what it looks like you read that first part and quoted me. I was actually on topic

If you would like to continue the discussion several people have responded to your ignorantly biased post in the GT vs FM thread.

Especially considering I've never said that.

I'm sorry, is game-expansive content akin to rocket science? You add cars and tracks - doesn't sound all that difficult to me.

And, let's look over Forza 2's DLC, shall we?

(Taken from ForzaCentral):

Turn 10's first time stepping into the world of DLC. Also better than GT5.

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm not entirely arguing that GT5's DLC should be better than Forza's, but it shouldn't be as relatively "meh" as it's been so far, including Pack 3.
Yes you can add cars and tracks and isn't difficult after you have finished making the assets to add.However PD will have about 3 times less output in terms of cars modelled as T10 in the same period of time so adding as much DLC cars will be nigh on impossible at the moment for PD. Just to put it in perspective, T10 have more people working on modelling the cars in Forza than the entire PD workforce.

It will be relatively "meh" until we see big additions to the PD team and so far, there has not really be news to suggest PD will be expanding at the rate they need to but more worryingly T10 have shown signs that they will expand much more quicker. Here is a rough estimate, PD are currently about 250 people down on T10 in terms of employee count. After PD expanding (33% increase), they will be potentially be 400 people down so it is not looking good for PD at all at the moment. Hope they can react but it might be down to Sony to give them the go ahead.

By the way GT5P added similar amounts of cars added to as Forza 2.

Actually, I think I'm right in saying Turn 10 have zero people working on car modelling? Don't they outsource or something?

Regardless, GT5's DLC has been poor, I still bought it, and enjoyed some parts of it but when you look at Forza's DLC as a whole its just better.

Actually, I think I'm right in saying Turn 10 have zero people working on car modelling? Don't they outsource or something?

Regardless, GT5's DLC has been poor, I still bought it, and enjoyed some parts of it but when you look at Forza's DLC as a whole its just better.
If you interpret it like that then T10 don't have many people working on the game. Maybe I should have said instead the nukmber of people working on the game.

Here is a video that might explain better for you:

If there are not enough talented car artists in the entire US for T10 in the time they have, what chance have PD currently got relying on their relatively small in house team to compete against T10's global effort which is continually expanding.

Exactly.

Which renders the "it's their first time" and all the other DLC-related excuses pointless, and makes the current DLC initiative look all the more pathetic.

If you interpret it like that then T10 don't have many people working on the game. Maybe I should have said instead the nukmber of people working on the game.

Here is a video that might explain better for you:

If there are not enough talented car artists in the entire US for T10 in the time they have, what chance have PD currently got relying on their relatively small in house team to compete against T10's global effort which is continually expanding.

More 'fluff' from saidur. Are you ever going address the questions that people put to you such as this https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6604870#post6604870 ? Or do you intend to just ignore them and keep coming up with excuses for PD?

The Golf R also shouldn't have taken too long, as it still shares a lot visually with the V.

FM4 has done similar things: the VW R cars, and the Mazda RX-8. Or the Holden in this pack. But overall, I would absolutely agree that Forza's car choices have been superior.

Agree as well about the car choices (though personally I would rather they have added the Ford F-150 Lightning instead of the Raptor, but that's for another thread). I believe though that the duplicate cars are generally meant to be the free cars that allow the people to see the cars on track, even if they don't pay for the pack. However, not sure which one will be the free car for the ALMS pack.

Yes you can add cars and tracks and isn't difficult after you have finished making the assets to add.However PD will have about 3 times less output in terms of cars modelled as T10 in the same period of time so adding as much DLC cars will be nigh on impossible at the moment for PD. Just to put it in perspective, T10 have more people working on modelling the cars in Forza than the entire PD workforce.

It will be relatively "meh" until we see big additions to the PD team and so far, there has not really be news to suggest PD will be expanding at the rate they need to but more worryingly T10 have shown signs that they will expand much more quicker. Here is a rough estimate, PD are currently about 250 people down on T10 in terms of employee count. After PD expanding (33% increase), they will be potentially be 400 people down so it is not looking good for PD at all at the moment. Hope they can react but it might be down to Sony to give them the go ahead.

All of that is excuses for PD not properly managing and resourcing their game development. PD is SIGNIFICANTLY more successful than T10 is, has been in the game a whole lot longer, has sold significantly more products, has a much more popular brand, was given far more development time compared to T10, more funding as well, etc. So just because T10 decided to resource and manage their projects better isn't an excuse why it's OK for PD to not do just that. PD took on a ton of non game developing work and the result was a full fledged GT title that was years in the making and still was released feeling unfinished, requiring numerous patches, and that's still having the bulk of content as last gen ports. You blame PD for their own issues, not justify them as being a smaller team than T10 because T10 are cranking out the work that they are.

GT5 wins hand down as I value tracks far more then cars. PD has shown they can model vars well and some of the recent packs are showing promise for a good selection of cars. Turn 10 have excellent car choices but have zero tracks.

I think I will take a decent car selection and many tracks over an excellent car selection.
Ok, but you still haven't addressed GT5. You said you will take a "decent car selection" and many tracks. With the state of PD's cardboard cut out dash that ruins those cars. All your left with is a mediocre car selection with some tracks. GT5 is not blowing ANYONE out with "many tracks".

They had 6 years to get that talent and they didn't. So they're at fault. Nothing is preventing them from skipping a Nurnburg 24 Hour race and use that time and money in getting outside work. Turn10 showed initiaive and ingenuity in getting all the resources they could to make their game the best they could. GT5 showed laziness and shortsightedness. And they're passing off, a year later, some weak DLC to compensate. And its not pulling the wool over the eyes of the unbiased.

The fact that PD supposedly is all in-house is NO badge of honor. But rather a sign of stupidity. They should have done what it takes to get it done right.

After just a little over 3 months after release Turn10's DLC is already smoking what PD is doing. Let's see what happens after a year, you know , the same amount of time for PD to actually start putting something out.

I haven't played FM4, but I've been curious to how they beat GT5 at best racing game, and know I see how. FM does have better tracks and cars depending on each person perspective, but I still feel that GT5 has a better simulation on real world driving physics.

I haven't played FM4, but I've been curious to how they beat GT5 at best racing game, and know I see how. FM does have better tracks and cars depending on each person perspective, but I still feel that GT5 has a better simulation on real world driving physics.

"I haven't played FM4...
...I still feel that GT5 has a better simulation on real world driving physics."

does not compute....

just sayin!

Really?

Seriously, no. go and play Forza 4 before making a statement like that.

Can you point out the particular characteristics of GT5 physics that you think are better than FM4 physics? Of course you can't because you haven't experienced FM4 physics. How do you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you state something like that?

joetruckv8

Average GT "enthusiast."

II-zOoLoGy-II
If you would like to continue the discussion several people have responded to your ignorantly biased post in the GT vs FM thread.

Well i was on the wrong thread i do agree and i apologize... But don't call what i said bias... I was actually factual... I wouldn't post it if i wasn't sure... But I'm not bias i just don't believe that FORZA deserves to be compared to GT5 AS A SIMULATION RACING GAME... But i am sorry about me posting that... It wasn't relevant to this thread... My bad. But i would appreciate it if you weren't rude about it and try to basically say i just have a bias view, that isn't true. Once again sorry to the rest of you.

I know... I was just trying to clear things up...because i realised that a lot of people had misunderstood what i said and i wanted to apologize for what i posted on this thread because i wasn't relevant to this thread...

Average GT "enthusiast."

Dude, the AUP.

Read it.

Can you point out the particular characteristics of GT5 physics that you think are better than FM4 physics? Of course you can't because you haven't experienced FM4 physics. How do you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you state something like that?

"I haven't played FM4...
...I still feel that GT5 has a better simulation on real world driving physics."

does not compute....

just sayin!

Die hard Forza "enthusiasts". :sly:

Is it just a coincidence that I see you guys in nearly all the threads in Gtplanet (which concern GT in relation to Fm or Gt being criticized) defending Forza as if your life depended on it. I think not.

You guys have some mystic illusion and are in a convoluted perception that somehow playing both games makes you unbiased. Sorry guys but that is not the case.

Your just as biased as any Gt "enthusiast" or FM "enthusiast" (including me). We all know your FM bias and yet in some delusional attempt to disregard it you guys mention how you were once the biggest GT fans. Ummmm so what? Times change, peoples opinions change, peoples favoritism change.

Also what I find most amusing is that there are only a handful of you guys ( I can count on my two hands) and somehow you guys think that you have won the FM vs gT debate or represent the general sim racing community etc. NOPE.

There is a reason why so few Gt fans do not go such threads and it is because they know that there is no point. Why argue with a bunch of people who love FM not matter what you say. Its pointless because no matter what you say they will disregard it, spin it, or change the topic immediately, or say well "in my opinion". No one cares about your opinion in a debate unless it is a philosophical debate.

(Terronium-12 I am not including you in this bunch just wanted to quote about read the AUP).
Ok, but you still haven't addressed GT5. You said you will take a "decent car selection" and many tracks. With the state of PD's cardboard cut out dash that ruins those cars. All your left with is a mediocre car selection with some tracks. GT5 is not blowing ANYONE out with "many tracks".

What are you talking about? This debate concerns Gt DLC vs Fm DLC. All cars in GT DLC are premium.

Tell me when Fm releases a track as DLC because how I see it is that 1 track far more important any a bunch of cars. GT5 has released 3 great tracks, with probably more to come and has also released some great cars like the scirocco, aventador, V12 vantage, Beetle, Jaguar Group c. FM car selection is greta but the fact they have zero new tracks (also coupled with the fact that FM4 only had 5 new tracks lol) makes it severely disappointing.

As a side note FM4 has now had 4 DLC bundles GT has only had 3.
If the next GT DLC contained a real world track like PIkes Peaks it would pretty much be the final nail in the coffin that is FM4 dlc.

Is it just a coincidence that I see you guys in nearly all the threads in Gtplanet (which concern GT in relation to Fm or Gt being criticized) defending Forza as if your life depended on it. I think not.

Do you know the meaning of irony? You are posting in a topic in the Forza section, defending GT5 as if your life depended on it.

There is a reason why so few Gt fans do not go such threads and it is because they know that there is no point. Why argue with a bunch of people who love FM not matter what you say. Its pointless because no matter what you say they will disregard it, spin it, or change the topic immediately, or say well "in my opinion". No one cares about your opinion in a debate unless it is a philosophical debate.

You do realise that you have just described the vast majority of GT fans (including yourself) who are posting on this forum? There was a thread in the GT5 section recently, suggesting that GT6 could implement some features from Shift 2, guess what happened? They insulted Shift 2, defended GT and then changed the topic completely. Sound familiar? The same thing happens every time any racing game is mentioned in the GT5 section.

Of course, since you are one of those hardcore, GT worshipping, ignorant people, you'll probably just reply to this post and change the subject and attack Forza or Shift, like you always do.

For the record... I have owned GT1, GT2, GT3, GT Concept 2002, GT4 Prologue, GT4, GT5 Prologue and GT5. I am a big Gran Turismo fan, but unlike you, I am not ignorant of GT5's many faults and I play a variety of different racing games. Even as a longtime Gran Turismo fan, I think Forza 4 is a better game than GT5. I really hope that Gran Turismo 6 will restore Gran Turismo's greatness, but Polyphony Digital have to focus on actually creating GT6, not creating fantasy F1 cars and designing Citroen's.

GT6mebe

You guys have some mystic illusion and are in a convoluted perception that somehow playing both games makes you unbiased. Sorry guys but that is not the case.

Your just as biased as any Gt "enthusiast" or FM "enthusiast" (including me). We all know your FM bias and yet in some delusional attempt to disregard it you guys mention how you were once the biggest GT fans. Ummmm so what? Times change, peoples opinions change, peoples favoritism change.

Also what I find most amusing is that there are only a handful of you guys ( I can count on my two hands) and somehow you guys think that you have won the FM vs gT debate or represent the general sim racing community etc. NOPE.

(Terronium-12 I am not including you in this bunch just wanted to quote about read the AUP).

What are you talking about? This debate concerns Gt DLC vs Fm DLC. All cars in GT DLC are premium.

Tell me when Fm releases a track as DLC because how I see it is that 1 track far more important any a bunch of cars. GT5 has released 3 great tracks, with probably more to come and has also released some great cars like the scirocco, aventador, V12 vantage, Beetle, Jaguar Group c. FM car selection is greta but the fact they have zero new tracks (also coupled with the fact that FM4 only had 5 new tracks lol) makes it severely disappointing.

If the next GT DLC contained a real world track like PIkes Peaks it would pretty much be the final nail in the coffin that is FM4 dlc.

Would you prefer I troll in the GT section? Kind of like you are doing here?

"Nail in the coffin that is is FM4 DLC?" LOL.

Are you for real bro? GT5 didn't even see DLC until a year after its release.... FM4 has been out for FOUR MONTHS!

X-Power
Do you know the meaning of irony? You are posting in a topic in the Forza section, defending GT5 as if your life depended on it.

You do realise that you have just described the vast majority of GT fans (including yourself) who are posting on this forum? There was a thread in the GT5 section recently, suggesting that GT6 could implement some features from Shift 2, guess what happened? They insulted Shift 2, defended GT and then changed the topic completely. Sound familiar? The same thing happens every time any racing game is mentioned in the GT5 section.

I would say you covered that pretty well.

HEY! How's that physics comparison coming along, since you entered the main thread spouting the same crap you are complaining the ones with "Forza bias" are taking issue with and were immediately shut down?

Because until you do the comparison Scaff asked of you, stop trying to defend people who made the same nonsense statements you did, as you aren't even remotely in the position to criticize.

Last edited:
Would you prefer I troll in the GT section? Kind of like you are doing here?

"Nail in the coffin that is is FM4 DLC?" LOL.

Are you for real bro? GT5 didn't even see DLC until a year after its release.... FM4 has been out for FOUR MONTHS!

I would say you covered that pretty well.

Prefer? :lol: I already see many of you doing exactly that.

Yup another real world track such as Pikes Peak would definitely put GT5's DLC a league above FM4's dlc just because of the amount of tracks they offer. What has those time references got to do with anything. The topic is GT5 DLC vs FM DLC not GT5 DLC vs Forza DLC oh wait but turn 10 has had less time boo hoo.

I am simple comparing the two and showing which I value most. Its irrelevant if Turn 10 has had less time, or has a larger working force, or has been doing DLC bundles for over six years.

Stop giving pathetic excuses.
Do you know the meaning of irony? You are posting in a topic in the Forza section, defending GT5 as if your life depended on it

Look at the top of the page. It clearly says GTPLANET. This is a FM4 vs GT5 DLC argument and yet the Forza fan...oh wait...."enthusiasts" somehow think that in such a debate GT fans are not allowed. :dunce:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So let me get this straight...you guys think that in a GT5 vs FM4 DLC debate the only people allowed are FM4 "fans" which makes the debate useless because you need perspectives from both sides but when a GT5 fan comes along it is considered trolling. LMAO

Also if my life depended on me defending GT5 then I would posting here a lot more often but I don't recently because I have a lot of better things to do. Unlike some people here who spend probably ten times that time in defending Forza 4.

So let me get this straight...you guys think that in a GT5 vs FM4 DLC debate the only people allowed are FM4 "fans" which makes the debate useless because you need perspectives from both sides but when a GT5 fan comes along it is considered trolling. LMAO

No. When a GT5 fan who has been proven to be hypocritical beyond the point of all common sense who frequently shows that he has no idea what he is talking about when he makes objective statements and constantly changes the subject and flees the thread when people show how wrong he is before coming back after hoping people have forgotten repeatedly comes along, then it is considered trolling.

For example, note how the people who prefer GT5 but don't resort to making garbage up to defend it are treated considerably differently in all threads about the subject than those who do.

Last edited:
GT6mebe
Prefer? :lol: I already see many of you doing exactly that.

Yup another real world track such as Pikes Peak would definitely put GT5's DLC a league above FM4's dlc just because of the amount of tracks they offer. What has those time references got to do with anything. The topic is GT5 DLC vs FM DLC not GT5 DLC vs Forza DLC oh wait but turn 10 has had less time boo hoo.

I am simple comparing the two and showing which I value most. Its irrelevant if Turn 10 has had less time, or has a larger working force, or has been doing DLC bundles for over six years.

Look at the top of the page. It clearly says GTPLANET. This is a FM4 vs GT5 DLC argument and yet the Forza fan...oh wait...."enthusiasts" somehow think that in such a debate GT fans are not allowed. :dunce:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also if my life depended on me defending GT5 then I would posting here a lot more often but I don't recently because I have a lot of better things to do. Unlike some people here who spend probably ten times that time in defending Forza 4.

Saying you prefer one over the other is a lot different than saying the "nail is in the coffin." As if everything hinges on the next batch of DLC.

If you had FM4 you would see "Track Packs" in the in-game marketplace. I assure you it is not there for looks. I can garuntee you the DLC is releasing on a schedule that was most likely decided prior to the game even being completed. Can you say the same for GT5?

Does GT5 have DLC tracks? Yes, fantastic. Does it have DLC cars? Yes, that's great. How many of those are simply "race modified" or clones of cars already in the game?

Does FM4 have DLC tracks? No. Does FM4 have DLC cars? Yes. How many of those are simply "race modified" or clones of cars already in the game? And saying time has nothing to do with it is absurd. You are comparing a game that has been out for over a year to one that has been out for less than four months. Any game with developer-community support that has been out for over a year should have more DLC than a comparable game that has been out for four months. Common sense is not a common virtue..... Since we are dealing with PD in this case, it is unfortunate that GT5 DLC is being compared to a game that hasn't even been out for four months in the first place! It is ridiculous!

GT5 should already have a page full of DLC on the PSN store; excuse me "SEN." Instead, they have passed off paint chips as DLC just to boost the amount of DLC packs available! Where was GT5 DLC four months after release? Oh. Yes.... That's right....

No one said or implied GT fans were not allowed in the debate. As you said this is GT Planet. As such, guess what we all are...... GT fans.

When people come along making ridiculous statements such as this:

ORPHANTHIRTY7
We if you want to go there then this is what i have to say. Well FORZA has their many cars, with unrealistic arcade style handling and animated graphics. And GRAN-TURISMO has its many cars, simulation/realistic handling, HD graphics, sponsored events ect. But not trying to start a FORZA vs. GT fight. And one of the main factors about GT5 is that it wasn't even finished before it was pushed out to be released. Not the makers and developers fault, it is the market for the game. The way i see this game is sort of like a full game bata. And i yes i am very satisfied with with GT5 and the whole series. I just hope they keep doing what they are doing. I just have to add this... LONG LIVE THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR

joetruckv8

You expect us to treat this with the same level of respect and credibility as someone who had something significant to contribute.

But hey, way to stick up for your GT brethren.

Last edited:

Hello pot, meet kettle... I'm sure you know the rest ;)

I rarely post in the gt section because folks like you chew down anyone who doesn't put GT/PD/Kaz on a pedestal or says some other game, whether it be Forza or not, does something better. I post in other sections of this site like motorsports and sports as well, so it's not all posting in the forza section. But none of this matter. You of all people shouldn't be labeling others single game enthusiasts and crying over bias. lulz

As mentioned, how's that test coming out?

And as an FYI, I've owned every full release GT game (GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, GT5, GTPSP), own a DFGT (as well as a Fanatec CSR/CSRE setup) and still play GT5 to this day. I have 2 accounts for GT5 and my main one is at 820+ cars. I just so happen to play Forza 4 as well and think it's a better game.

You still don't seem to understand - I'm surely not denying bias in here, as humans, we all have it in one form or another. The important difference that you stubbornly refuse to accept, for one reason or another, is that people who form a comparison without actually experiencing one of the items in said comparison, are obviously uninformed.

Ah, then there's people like you, who think it's something to win or lose.

As has been brought up countless times before, switch every instance of FM in your comment to GT, and vice-versa, and it rings equally, if not more, true.

I'll admit, a track DLC would be great in FM4. Then again, I'm more of a fan of FM4's real world tracks, overall, than GT's. A more accurate 'Ring and Spa, I miss - but Monza and Fuji aren't as exciting to me as Road Atlanta, America, Mugello, or Infineon.

Five new tracks in a two year span is pretty much the rate you can expect from PD too, as well.

But FM4 isn't just behind in track DLC - I've yet to get a pack that requires real life money for one-time use paints (that also require in-game credits to use).

FM4's car DLC is massively more interesting to me than GT5's, so "nail in the coffin" is definitely just an opinion. Sure, like I said above, I'd love track DLC in FM4. But I'd also like car DLC in GT5 that isn't either shameless number padding (the '11 Mini), reskins of sub-par standards (XJR-9), or playing catch-up to FM4's lineup (Aventador, V12 Vantage). So both are lagging, depending on the criteria.

oh wait but turn 10 has had less time boo hoo.

Ah. But this is the standard fall-back reason for nearly anything PD does that garners criticism - use time as an excuse. After a year, we finally got a car DLC, that included nothing but Touring Car versions of existing cars (nearly all Japanese), and another fantasy car? "They're new to this DLC thing, give them time" was a common comment. GT5 shipping incomplete? "They didn't get enough time" (sic).

How come time can only be used as a handy crutch for one game?

Indeed. Where's that comparison Scaff asked for, again?

Do you know how often I have to deal with that exact opposite situation in the GT5 section? That FM4 fans are not desired, for whatever reason?

Do you know which series on average, on this site, has more fans that have never actually played the "other game"?

People that actually have experience and knowledge of both tend to be able to provide at least more balanced observations, and yes, there are those that do prefer GT. Even those that have only played one of the games, if they can provide their thoughts in a clean, non-inflammatory way, there's nothing wrong with that either.

It's just, lo and behold, much more unlikely that a fan of only one of the games, that's never actually experienced the other in a decent amount, can conduct themselves in such a manner. As you prove, time and time again.

hey SlipZtrEm... Hey i agree with you... There are things that could actually weigh evenly hand and hand to give a great comparison... You are totally right. And i am sorry for the confusion... Well hopefully no hard feelings... Peace

Mind you that Ive never played FM4 but in this case - GT5 Vs Forza DLC - its pretty obvious (even to me that never played the game or own a X-Box) that FM4 wins by a long margin. First of all a few months after the game was released there were allready multiple DLCs (paid and free) and the cars featured in those DLCs are by far (IMO) much better (and more balanced selection, country, class and spec/performance) than the ones featured in GT5 DLCs... the only thing that GT5 DLC did better was to release the SPA track but we will have to wait about 6 months before passing judgement on that front (to be a fair comparison)

Hey look another FM vs. GT thread, cool! But in all seriousness once Forza starts dropping some tracks, the best DLC discussion will be over. The only reason some people think GT5's DLC is better because of SPA and a giant oval.

Back