GT5 Vs Forza DLC

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 159 comments
You know what, when its comes to tracks iracing.com has got them all beat as long as you don't mind spending some doe. How did iracing.com get all these licenses, but GT5 & FM4 are having issues obtaining them? Are is there deeper politics involved?

You know what, when its comes to tracks iracing.com has got them all beat as long as you don't mind spending some doe. How did iracing.com get all these licenses, but GT5 & FM4 are having issues obtaining them? Are is there deeper politics involved?

iRacing prides itself on the most accurate tracks/cars they can. They tout it as a simulator not a game (which no matter how to cut it its a game, albiet accurate one). It is not mass marketed either. You have tohave a wheel, it does not any view but cockpit, there is no AI, and its cost for everyhting in game is well beyond 60 bucks. Also, its userbase is a fraction of GT or FM.

The track list is great while very US based. The car list is small compared to Forza or GT. You can tell its aimed for more serious sim racers, that want quality over quantity.

But back on topic, besides Spa, GT dlc has been rather fluff. One FM gets a track pack...I dont think you can even compare.

Forza doesn't win on the track DLC though it'd only take two well chosen courses to match the GT effort.

Forza doesn't win on the track DLC though it'd only take two well chosen courses to match the GT effort.

Doesnt it? GT5 got its first DLC track one year after release... FM4s been out for how long?

As far as DLC goes there is no contest what so ever... and I dont even own or play Forza (unfortunatly)

With the latest dlc announced, I'm most looking forward to the Ultimate and Ferrari. Rest to me are either nice to just ok. My fav fm dlc pack was the last one

Anyone think the last dlc for april will be a track? Season pass is only for 6 packs which makes april be the last one, unless (and I hope) they continue dlc

The Country Squire is hilarious and I appreciate it. However, that car including some other recent Forza DLC cars are beginning to undermine the argument some Forza fans have put out that Forza's car list contain less non-performance commoner cars than GT5.

Doesnt it? GT5 got its first DLC track one year after release... FM4s been out for how long?

As far as DLC goes there is no contest what so ever... and I dont even own or play Forza (unfortunatly)
Until Forza 4 actually releases a track DLC I'd say the jury was still out as far as the track DLC contest is concerned. New cars are nice but a new track for Forza would be even nicer, esp. given how well Forza integrates its car DLC into the single player.

The Country Squire is hilarious and I appreciate it. However, that car including some other recent Forza DLC cars are beginning to undermine the argument some Forza fans have put out that Forza's car list contain less non-performance commoner cars than GT5.
I don't think this is a bad thing, FM4 has so many desirable cars that having a few quirky museum ones is great.

First one to place F12 Berlinetta in the game wins.

Also we havent even seen the new GT5 DLC not that I care though. Too busy playing my rpgs :)

Back just before FM4's release, Luminis took stock of FM3's car list; specifically, to stop the ages-old argument some GT fans use of "Forza isn't about everyday cars". His findings? They're here, but in case people don't want to click and digest:
Thanks Bogie. Luckily, I found a list that sorted the cars by PI, so it was relatively easy to figure the numbers out.

Just for a visual impression, here's a quick graph:
d88YH.jpg

I'd hazard a guess that FM4 is roughly similar, judging by the cars cut in the transition, and the DLC so far added. It's still missing a handful of cars I miss from GT (Cappuccino, anybody?), but the spread in FM4 is incredibly even, I find. Especially taking into consideration the much larger range available to the user for tuning - like, for example, the half-dozen NA Miatas I have, ranging from near stock to two rotary-engined beasts.

FM4 could definitely use a new track or two though, for me - I've really grown to enjoy most of the available ones, but the lack of variety is what's eating at me.

iRacing is able to do what it does because it's one game that is constantly updated and improved near monthly through fees. An online only game has different development requirements and time constraints that a retail based major budget game like Forza or Gran Turismo does not have.

What porsche expansion pack?

According to xboxfront.de , a large Porsche expansion is coming soon for Forza 4. It will contain 30 new cars , 20 new events and 250 additional Gamescore points! There is already a discussion about it on forzaplanet!

Here is the link for the original article:

http://www.xboxfront.de/news-2206-28636-Forza_Motorsport_4_Microsoft_Xbox_360.html

EDIT: It's official !!!! I has been confirmed !!!!!

link: http://majornelson.com/2012/03/05/a-preview-of-xbox-360-kinect-arcade-and-windows-phone-games/

from the link :

“Forza Motorsport 4” (Turn 10 Studios) – Available this Spring, the Porsche Expansion Pack for “Forza Motorsport 4” will contain 30 modern and classic Porsche vehicles from the iconic German manufacturer, seven of which are new to the “Forza” franchise.

Last edited:
Wow. Forza wins, no ifs, ands or buts about it. PD, it's time to step your game up big time.

The one thing that still makes me keep coming back to GT5 though is the awesome, varied track selection. Otherwise Forza has it beat in all regards. I really think Forza 4 stops just short of perfection, its about a 5 track DLC pack away from reaching that. I wouldnt mind more city tracks, but anything really would be nice.

I have a MASSIVE smile on my face right now with the latest info about Porsche being back in.

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!

I would also love to see the brand make it's way into GT5, if possible. But I'm a happy camper!!

Tell me when Fm releases a track as DLC because how I see it is that 1 track far more important any a bunch of cars. GT5 has released 3 great tracks, with probably more to come

3 great tracks? One great track and two duds as far as I'm concerned. One of them is really only suitable for racing karts and the other is a super basic, huge oval. It's not a racing circuit and of no use for anything other than straight line speed running.

and has also released some great cars like the scirocco, aventador, V12 vantage, Beetle, Jaguar Group c.

Great? One of those is a standard > premium paid conversion, one was slightly different (Beetle) and the other two I'll give you were good. But guess what, Forza got there before. So I don't see how those 'great' cars are better than what F4 DLC has done.

car selection is greta but the fact they have zero new tracks (also coupled with the fact that FM4 only had 5 new tracks lol) makes it severely disappointing.

As above, GT5 only has one true new racing circuit as DLC. You 'lol' that Forza only had five new tracks but last time I checked GT5 only had six (TGTT, Indy, Monza, Daytona, Madrid, Rome). This was also 6 years after the last full installment, Forza 4 was only two years after the last full installment. Hardly impressive.

Back