GT6 Launch problems after 1.02 Update

• Thread starter ApexVGear
  • 31 comments
I have the on-demand (downloaded) version of GT6.

At first I thought this was going to be bad, but it's working now.

Three tries, two involving frozen screens where the HD light would stop blinking during the "freeze."

The first, immediately after the long "system" download and install, then the GT "download" and install in it's own dialogue box, was black with no response from pressing the "P" button to quit the game. Held the on/off button to get the system to shut down. Immediately restarted with the "P" button on the controller, the system reported a problem to Sony, then had to do a file system check/rebuild.

The second, it made it all the way to the WARNING screen with the "dancing dots" (but no HD activity) and I could get the system menu to come up and quit the game, but it totally rebooted the PS3, reported a problem again, and had to do a file check/rebuild again.

The third time, after the system second file check/rebuild, I immediately shut the system down before trying to load GT6 (holding the "P" button and selecting the option), waited for the red LED to indicate the system had shut down, manually switched the system off with the switch on the back, waited a minute or two, powered everything back on, system loaded, then launched GT6, and it worked.

Nothing really special about the procedure, but maybe it helps if someone has any trouble.

I got GT6 on disc. I JUST updated the POS. After completing the auto update after installing patch 1.02, the screen turned black, and wouldn't respond at all. Waited a good few minutes. Nothing.

I had to hard reset my PS3. And restore it, AGAIN. Yesterday because of rooms freezing, and not letting you exit. And NOW because of the new patch.

Polyphony, wtf is going on? You guys suck. And i'm pissed.

Anyone else get a black screen?

Had to download it 2 times this patch and after the 2nd one my screen freezed and had to reset ps3.. but now it's all ok.

Only had to DL once, but it screwed me on startup. FFS.

Fine now... but DAMN, they couldn't even make the game update without some kind of seriously effed up problem?

wow...

After the 1.02 update there was a microupdate and after that my ps3 froze. After 5 mins the ps3 restarted itself and there was a HDD check. I then launched the game and was asked to load from my backup save. Now I miss some paints,credits and have to do all the seasonals again ,no NEW BMW for me . PD get your sheit together, ffs!

Got a launch day 60gb fatty. Gt6 keeps crashing it to the flashing red light. Then restart the system and it happens all over again in 15 mins. Changed output to 720p, now only crashing every hour! Better but hate sacrificing graphics. Any workaround out there?

Yip, after it installed I was lumbered with a pure black screen.. lovely.

Rebooted the PS3 and all is well.
Yeah this happens to me too. download new update and yay 5 minute black screen so i decide to turn it off, and voila! everything works just fine.

I have a new super slim that's about a month old. I bought it just for GT5 and 6. I haven't done the credit glitch. I updated to 1.02 just fine yesterday. Today though one of the mini updates in game crashed my PS3. I pressed the power button and it turned off. I turned it on and it performed a system check and then re-launched the game. The game crashed again after the epilepsy notice. The PS3 automatically rebooted this time. I tried to launch it a third time and it worked.

I'm getting issues here as well with the new update. Orig 40GB PS3 with disc version of the game on a wired internet connection.

I have the same issue. GT6 digital ver. bought tommorow. After update 1.02 and during the first run made GT6 to crash.

PS3 FAT 40GB, definitely something is wrong with 1.02 patch...

No problems here. By chance did you do the credit cheat?
Sorry, didn't see that question ... If it is for me - no. To cheat in GT6 is pointless imo. I'll get my ultimate list of cars for GT6, sooner or later so no point in cheating.
In short - no. :)

Mmmm, never had any issues on my GT6, have the disc version ( Asian LE - Japan ) and 6 months old Slim US PS3. Not a single freeze or beep or restart or crash - updated to 1.02 and latest mini update. Probably PS3 related issue.

After I installed the update the X and O buttons no longer worked for my driving force gt steering wheel while in game (worked when not playing gt 6) Also if the steering wheel is plugged in, X and O button on dualshock does not work either. works if steering wheel is unplugged. anyone else have this problem, if so, how was it fixed? please help. i refuse to play gt 6 with a daulshock. it sucks

Happened to me right after the update, reset PS3 and works fine. It was like a 1200MB update, so probably just crashed our systems. Works fine for me now.

After I installed the update the X and O buttons no longer worked for my driving force gt steering wheel while in game (worked when not playing gt 6) Also if the steering wheel is plugged in, X and O button on dualshock does not work either. works if steering wheel is unplugged. anyone else have this problem, if so, how was it fixed? please help. i refuse to play gt 6 with a daulshock. it sucks

Did you check the button mapping in GT6 for the dualshock and the Wheel? There may be some corruption in the config file for GT6 after the update.

Oh, and I had the black screen problem too. After a forced reboot all is well though and no problem with any of the buttons on the dualshock or the Driving Force GT either.

- New (2 months ago) 500GB Slim
- Wired connection
- Hard copy/disc version, not digital
- Haven't ever taken advantage of any glitches, e.g. 20m credit glitch etc.

If I remember correctly, I downloaded and installed 1.02 with no problems - I'm pretty sure that it was actually the in-game mini update that black-screened me, like others have mentioned.
Left it for around 10 minutes to see if it'd recover itself, but no joy and controller was non-responsive.
Reset with the console's power button, got the 'check for corrupted data' message etc and everything seemed ok, but I've not had chance to check for problems (somebody mentioned some paint and wheel preview camera angles are no longer working for them), but after a couple of free runs and some photo taking it appears to be ok so far - I just really hope that there's no nasty surprises that I'm not aware of lying in wait around the corner!

Had the same problem got disc version however after 3 reboots the file became corrupted and had to delete everything so starting from scratch on 3rd attempt

Once i updated to 1.02 i got a black screen on launch. I turned ps3 off and back on and got confronted with corrupt data message. I decline the restore amd continued. The game launched fine but it freezes for a second at the start of races before 3.2.1 countdown

I said earlier that the download was corrupted and had to start from scratch and i have also noted that in the european section of car dealership all the base models are missing and the handling of all american cars are as if the tyres are coated on ice together with jelly for suspension.i just don't know how to rectify this problem as when i first loaded the game from launch no problems to speak of until 1.02 came along have deleted and reloaded 4 occaisions and still no joy anybody with ideas out there ??????????????????

Back