GT6 Tyre Bug on MR/FR Cars

Germany
Germany
Theres a big bug on MR and FR Cars.

Were testing such gt3 Cars for our German Community Championship. Sorry for my Bad englisch, its Not the best ;)

The Problem is, thats the MR Cars unbelivible tricky to push it to the Limit. A Few Tests shows, When you are take a R8 Team Phoenix, Base or oreca out of the box with racing soft, you have a Lot of Trouble with oversteering when you turn in to a corner in 2nd or 3rd gear. The Cars problably slow.

If you drove to the Box, and change your tyres on the same type, you can handle the MR cars as gt5. You are quite faster, round about 2 seconds!

FR Cars like Z4 gt3 or sls gt3 are very fast with the First tyres out of the box. When you are taking the 2nd tyres after boxing, the cars feel a little bit better, but you are 2 seconds slower!

All test´s are driven by a standard wothout any tuning

Anyone experience with this Problem?

Tanks for Feedback!

Last edited:
If you are trying to say (like the others did) that the MR cars are broken, then I have to show this:

Enjoy :gtpflag:

This video is about drifting, not circuit racing. It's like having a discussion about acting and throwing up an Angelina Jolie or Adam Sandler video, not quite the same thing. If you do anything like what he suggests in the video, like getting on the power early in an MR while still sliding, you will light up the tires and lose a massive amount of grip in the rear in GT6. You might spin, or you might catch it and power through, but either way you won't be fast. The trick in GT6 with MR's is not to get them sideways to begin with and heat up the rear tires, but have a controlled entry instead and because they are balanced on a knife edge sometimes, it isn't easy for the average player.

I encountered this issue today while doing some light testing at the Nurburgring GP/F. I tested five cars, including one that was notoriously tail happy in GT5 (the TVR Touring Car). The cars are as below in the order I tested them:

1. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car - 2:05.9XX
2. Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car - 2:05.2XX
3. Citroen GT Race Car - 2.06.XXX
4. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model - 2.06.XXX
5. Mclaren F1 Stealth Model - 2.03.XXX

I did three laps with each vehicle, including the out lap. All cars were not modified or tuned in any way. The Mclaren's time is much slower than it is capable of as there was a spin mid-way through the lap and it was still 2 seconds faster than the next closest car.

The FR cars were very stable and behaved quite predictably in all situations that such behavior is expected. The TVR, being quite a handful in GT5 for me, surprised me when it was well-mannered. I never got a chance to drive the XR8 in GT5, so I cannot comment on any changes, but it also handled quite well for a heavy car.

The Citroen and Honda both displayed an odd behavior where upon reaching the second half of turns 8 and 16, the cars would rotate in and the tail would go light. It was controllable with a G27, but it didn't give me much confidence in the cars at all as I feared any wrong input would result in the cars spinning out (both of which did in their first timed lap).

N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix-Strecke.png

The Stealth Mclaren, a car I was very familiar with from GT5, did not display any rotation and was more under-steer-y than over-steer-y. It was a much more confidence-inspiring car overall. From what I understand, this light-in-the-rear over-steer might be what's plaguing the MR cars though not all cars appear to suffer from it. At least not the Mclaren Stealth.

Tested this yesterday with a noticeable amount of racers, as the assumption expressed by Starbuck arised during our 2,5h race at Le Mans last Sunday, too:

The first set of tires installed on a car when entering the track in an online lobby has a significant higher grip level than all other sets you get after that in the pits. For MH cars this means a way better lap time starting from tire set #2 (reduced grip level at the front improves MH cars handling with v1.01....broken/not broken is irrelevant for the named effect). Vice versa for all FH cars. On tracks like Nürburgring GP we are talking of seconds per lap, so the effect is really strong.

You can easily test this for yourselves if you are in any doubt by getting into a Audi R8 race car (standard set, any compound will do, race soft will help you make it through the first lap) at Nürburgring GP e.g. Exit the pits, go one lap realizing how unstable MH cars are at the moment with GT6 and standard set and even at very low speeds, enter pits again. New tires are installed, car exits the pits. You will realize the difference in the first corner for sure.

For online championships this is a very annoying bug that should be fixed asap.

Keep Racin'

This video is about drifting, not circuit racing. It's like having a discussion about acting and throwing up an Angelina Jolie or Adam Sandler video, not quite the same thing. If you do anything like what he suggests in the video, like getting on the power early in an MR while still sliding, you will light up the tires and lose a massive amount of grip in the rear in GT6. You might spin, or you might catch it and power through, but either way you won't be fast. The trick in GT6 with MR's is not to get them sideways to begin with and heat up the rear tires, but have a controlled entry instead and because they are balanced on a knife edge sometimes, it isn't easy for the average player.

It was more about car control...

... But OK

The Stealth Mclaren, a car I was very familiar with from GT5, did not display any rotation and was more under-steer-y than over-steer-y. It was a much more confidence-inspiring car overall. From what I understand, this light-in-the-rear over-steer might be what's plaguing the MR cars though not all cars appear to suffer from it. At least not the Mclaren Stealth.

cause the McLaren Stealth just imported from GT5?

-

the fact is, that should not deliberate from PD i think.

I think most of the people that complain about mr cars have them fully tuned with hundreds more hp than stock. Stock cars handle great, but u can't expect them to handle the same way once you bump up hp.

When will people understand there are new physics at play? The game is different from GT5

Just to add: Last night I tuned my 91 NSX. I ported over my favorite tune from GT5; my 01 concept tune. Almost none of it translated the same except for the ride height and spring settings. I spent 80 miles of driving trying to get everything else in line. Nothing's broken, you're just incompetent and impatient. I eventually got it to how it used to be, and I was doing this all on comfort softs. When I put on sports tires this thing will be glued to the road, fact.

@tarantula and LVracerGT

I know thats the physics aber completely different, and that you can't Compare gt6 with gt5, but there are still 2 seconds between this 2 tyre sets. This and the Thing that the Car is an completley diffent to Drive is my Problem. but it seems to be a Bug in ver. 1.01. i have nö Problem to Drive with it, On MR Cars, but you can't plan any Championship with Fairness.

Im Not happy about that.

Tested this yesterday with a noticeable amount of racers, as the assumption expressed by Starbuck arised during our 2,5h race at Le Mans last Sunday, too:

The first set of tires installed on a car when entering the track in an online lobby has a significant higher grip level than all other sets you get after that in the pits. For MH cars this means a way better lap time starting from tire set #2 (reduced grip level at the front improves MH cars handling with v1.01....broken/not broken is irrelevant for the named effect). Vice versa for all FH cars. On tracks like Nürburgring GP we are talking of seconds per lap, so the effect is really strong.

You can easily test this for yourselves if you are in any doubt by getting into a Audi R8 race car (standard set, any compound will do, race soft will help you make it through the first lap) at Nürburgring GP e.g. Exit the pits, go one lap realizing how unstable MH cars are at the moment with GT6 and standard set and even at very low speeds, enter pits again. New tires are installed, car exits the pits. You will realize the difference in the first corner for sure.

For online championships this is a very annoying bug that should be fixed asap.

Keep Racin'

Now this is interesting. Did you do this during a race only or does it still happen when just practicing? I'm willing to give it a shot and report back my findings.

Ok, so the point of the thread is that when you change tires, the second pair have less grip, no matter what type of car.
Of course this is what i mean, but there are differents between MR an FR Cars. On the first set, on MR Cars, you are 2 seconds slower. The 2nd set you are much faster and the feeling has completley changed.

On FR Cars you are on the 1st set 2 seconds faster as on the 2nd set.

How many laps do you did with the 2nd set of tires ?

Maybe they are cold when u get them and need a extra lap ?

on la sarthe i take the R8 Oreca, i can drive round about 10 laps with the 1st set. On the 2nd (where you much faster) only 8 laps

I encountered this issue today while doing some light testing at the Nurburgring GP/F. I tested five cars, including one that was notoriously tail happy in GT5 (the TVR Touring Car). The cars are as below in the order I tested them:

1. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car - 2:05.9XX
2. Ford Falcon XR8 Race Car - 2:05.2XX
3. Citroen GT Race Car - 2.06.XXX
4. Honda NSX GT500 Base Model - 2.06.XXX
5. Mclaren F1 Stealth Model - 2.03.XXX

I did three laps with each vehicle, including the out lap. All cars were not modified or tuned in any way. The Mclaren's time is much slower than it is capable of as there was a spin mid-way through the lap and it was still 2 seconds faster than the next closest car.

The FR cars were very stable and behaved quite predictably in all situations that such behavior is expected. The TVR, being quite a handful in GT5 for me, surprised me when it was well-mannered. I never got a chance to drive the XR8 in GT5, so I cannot comment on any changes, but it also handled quite well for a heavy car.

The Citroen and Honda both displayed an odd behavior where upon reaching the second half of turns 8 and 16, the cars would rotate in and the tail would go light. It was controllable with a G27, but it didn't give me much confidence in the cars at all as I feared any wrong input would result in the cars spinning out (both of which did in their first timed lap).

N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix-Strecke.png

wow, turns need sponsorship?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: you are some of these guys, thats only racing with Controller an Racing tyre soft, right?! :lol::lol:
No, it's when you stop blaming the cars and start trying to become a better driver. Also when you stop blaming others. Seriously man, at least try.

No, it's when you stop blaming the cars and start trying to become a better driver. Also when you stop blaming others. Seriously man, at least try.
i dont know, but what´s your problem?

Try it, with an standard setup, and you will see that´s anything going wrong with these cars.

before you talk any bullshxx, please quiet! When you have nothing to say to the topic, except your damn comments, just let it be.

Back