GT6 Tyre Bug on MR/FR Cars

You can't change tires mid race in practice/arcade mode, just in championships and in online. Sorry to point out that GT6 is inferior to five in this aspect. Now I heard about this glitch before when the leeks were going on . Don't know how to fix it.

i dont know, but what´s your problem?

Try it, with an standard setup, and you will see that´s anything going wrong with these cars.

before you talk any bullshxx, please quiet! When you have nothing to say to the topic, except your damn comments, just let it be.

What is wrong is how you keep living in a square.

Throttle control is the answer.

i dont know, but what´s your problem?

Try it, with an standard setup, and you will see that´s anything going wrong with these cars.

before you talk any bullshxx, please quiet! When you have nothing to say to the topic, except your damn comments, just let it be.

My damn comments are talking about the topic. I don't know what you mean by ''that's anything going wrong with these cars'' but if you learn to master those cars you will see that there's nothing going wrong. Please, just try. Also, I won't let it be because I don't like censorship.

Yea right....broken driving skills, throttle control....that leads nowhere guys :rolleyes:

Now back to the topic:

The MR cars are only an indicator for what I would also call tyre bug in v1.01. Its nothing technically severe I feel, but its there and hinders us from doing thorough Balance of Performance testing we need for setting up leagues with GT6. Thats really annoying and I surely do hope for a quick resolution. My gut feeling says it is some sort of wrong default value usage when it comes to changing tyres in the pits....and that should not be a major issue for fixing.

To the "unbelievers" ;)
Did you try what was written here? If not, go, do it, come back and discuss your findings pls. I was not believing myself until I tried... But please don't come back telling me that it is normal that a MR racing car spins out at speeds below 100 kmh when entering corners at a race track (not to mention that curbs are a nogo at the moment additionally) and a FR does not. Especially when the effect almost disappears with the second set of tyres you receive in the pits. And yes, I am able to drive this car around the track without spinning out....unfortunately this is only possible at speeds my grandma would even enjoy would I take her around the track besides me.

To the guys who already did a test with some MR car and realized the difference:
We tested the 07' Rocket yesterday at Brands with all three racing tyre compounds and found the following. The Rocket behaves inverse to what was experienced with the R8. This MR behaves much more conveniant on the *first* set of tyres. They provide significantly more grip resulting in a way more stable car through all the corners. With having the tyres changed in the pits you receive a more difficult to drive car overall. Lap times are slower (independant of time/temperature effects) but what is really noticeable is the different way the car behaves. More understeer, more instability over curbs...all indicating a lower grip level (which helps the current versions of other MRs like the R8 as the assumption is, that the front axle has too much grip in comparison to other cars like FRs)

you dont unterstood what i would tell you guys. The main Problem is that in online practices, that you are on MR cars on the 2nd set of tyres round about 2 seconds faster. By FR cars, you are on the 1st tyre set much faster. on the 2nd set you are slow. This is what i´m talking about. i have no problem to handle with MR cars, it´s just an fact.

Last edited:
My damn comments are talking about the topic. I don't know what you mean by ''that's anything going wrong with these cars'' but if you learn to master those cars you will see that there's nothing going wrong. Please, just try. Also, I won't let it be because I don't like censorship.

Mastering those cars means you go way, way slower than other GT3s included in GT6. And weren't the R8s quite a blast on real world race tracks over the last years? For me there is definitely something "broken" in Gt6 when it comes to MRs.

More really interesting finding guys 👍

There are some definite weird things going on in GT6 - adding new rims changes the rear tyre section width and ruins handling on cars that naturally have wider rear tyres, same tyres lasting longer on a different stint, upgrading to better tyres completely changing the balance of a car... all very strange.

Let's get these thing out in the open and have a decent discussion... Don't let closed minded people shout you down... they typically miss the point entirely, and more than likely aren't fast enough to be able to tell the difference.

Open your minds... THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT, IT'S ROUND ;)

Mastering those cars means you go way, way slower than other GT3s included in GT6. And weren't the R8s quite a blast on real world race tracks over the last years? For me there is definitely something "broken" in Gt6 when it comes to MRs.
Not all MR's just the Audi R8's. Just compare the R8 V10 to the Gallardo and you will see it.

There is just no other GT3 MR you could compare the Audi LMS/GT3 to, but compared with all other GT3's (Z4, GTR, SLS) there is something wrong with the Audis. The other also not handle all the same and each has it advantages and weaknesses, but the turn in/front grip/steering or however you call it on the R8's is just wrong (or if they are right all other cars mustbe wrong)

And slowly all the people that always say the cars are perfect and everyone is to stupid to drive them start to go on my nerves...
PD is not perfect ! Just look at the custom wheels thread, they make mistakes, so why is it not possible that they made one on the R8's and another one with tires/pit stops ?!?

Interesting , sorry, but if I've mis-understood, is this online only?

I'm curious to know if it affects the handling of the DeltaWing too.

You can't compare GT5 to GT6... :rolleyes:

Getting tired of all the whining from people who refuse to learn to drive

Im getting VERY tired of everybody thinking that this has to do with lack of skill!

Its knowledge about cars that makes you see the problem in the first place!

When my F40 in the dry behaves like my old porsche 924 with very bad tires driving in light rain, you know there is something wrong!

This less wide back tires with non standard rims sort of proves they have a tires width problem, and my F40 has different rims! But the F40 is bad even without these new rims, probably because the game has given it bad grip in the back in the first place.

And yes, I can drive it even in 100% stock form. That doesnt make me a driving god or the problem less of a problem!

DId the tyre wear indicator show loss of grip with the first set of tyres? Jyst asking as I'm sure there was some longer events in career where the first set of tyres never degraded but after having to pit due to fuel the 2nd set of tyres began to wear, maybe online as similar problem?

During our 2,5h race in Le Mans where we gathered first indicators for a strange tyre behaviour it degraded definitely. On all cars. The R8 was the only car in the 15 driver field that had a way better performance in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stint than all other GT3s plus some GTs participating for BoP testing reasons (Corvette, Camaro, Viper).

wow KPR_starbuck was just merely describing a bug in the tyres and people come on to flame. Wow nice going guys, are these forums designed for people like you, just to come on and flame even when you do not understand the topic at hand. Seriously try to understand what someone is saying before you reply or just grow up!

@KPR_starbuck - that indeed looks like a bug that should be taken seriously and I hope PD will sort this out soon.

Last edited:
Although I am enjoying driving the R8 GT3 just for the challenge and have no problem whatsoever right now with the car, it is blatantly obvious that its behaviour is not realistic. There is some sort of bug that is causing all these strange things to happen but sooner or later it will be fixed so I am not that concerned.

Much more important and problematic is the the Force Feedback when drifting. That until now is my biggest problem with the game and strangely I don´t see many complaints until now.

Much more important and problematic is the the Force Feedback when drifting. That until now is my biggest problem with the game and strangely I don´t see many complaints until now.

Screp 👍

I don't drift with the wheel, but controlling even a normally manageable amount of oversteer whilst racing is difficult enough - something in the steering feels strange and it snaps back so violently I find it very difficult to balance cars once they start to slide.

But you won't, because the Gallardo is 4WD.
the R8 V10 is an 4WD too

Both a basically MR cars, most of the power goes to the rear and and only if the rear wheels start to turn faster than the front ones a haldex clutch directs more power to the front.

And also the issue seem not to be the drivetrain (as the R8 race cars have a different one but have the same strange handling) but the steering.

I dont have many hours to enjoy the new physics but from the hours i've played already I can say that RS tyres does feel abit strange. Very unforgiving to say the least but it's not just that, RS tyres I feel should feel snappy when you get it wrong as they are so sticky. But for some reason the balance I have on my cars when using SS are predictable, just doesnt seem very stable or balanced when on RS tyres. I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment as i'm still getting used to GT6, but RS tyres for sure seem like the hardest tyres to drive on now.

Last edited:
That´s quite interesting, KPR_Starbuck.
I´ll try it today to check. I can be quite consistent on some tracks . . .

More on that... to some "posters", have you learn to read you damn idiots? The OP is talking about a problem with a given SET OF TIRES. HE ISN´T SAYING THAT THE CARS ARE BROKEN, OR WHATEVER....

Why can´t people READ BEFORE POSTING? It´s getting more annoying everyday. Just like the 20 M glitch. Today we have increased prices on races BECAUSE THERE WAS A PROBLEM AND WE REPORTED IT. If we´d follow the "nothing to see here, move along..." mentallity of this people we won´t get anywhere...

Really, go play NFS with a DS3 and GTFO.

Great post, OP. Really. Great finding.

Amen. Why do people expect every car to handle the exact same way?

Oh no, everything I can't drive is broken :D

I think most of the people that complain about mr cars have them fully tuned with hundreds more hp than stock. Stock cars handle great, but u can't expect them to handle the same way once you bump up hp.

Getting tired of all the whining from people who refuse to learn to drive

The MR cars are NOT broken. Your driving is broken. When will you guys finally cut this nonsense out?

Differential is all i have to say. The cars are just fine.

Did any of you actually read the 1st post in this thread before you jumped in?

It's nothing to do with how the cars handle, it's about the same compound of tyres behaving differently on the same car during different stints of an endurance race. A member comes on asking a perfectly sensible question, in a polite manner, and you all miss the point completely and make completely irrelevant replies.

Please read, digest and engage your brain before replying or you'll continue to make yourselves look like imbeciles.

Did any of you actually read the 1st post in this thread before you jumped in?

It's nothing to do with how the cars handle, it's about the same compound of tyres behaving differently on the same car during different stints of an endurance race.
I conducted my own research and did what OP suggested caused issues.

I found no such isses and the impact was insignificant.

People don't know how to drive MR cars. And sorry, but when someone comes in complaining about the Audi's handling and calls these cars "MH"... it's clear who the imbecile is.

Dismissed.

I conducted my own research and did what OP suggested caused issues.

I found no such isses and the impact was insignificant.

People don't know how to drive MR cars. And sorry, but when someone comes in complaining about the Audi's handling and calls these cars "MH"... it's clear who the imbecile is.

Dismissed.

Yeah great attitude...

Sry about that, in German ist called: mittelmotor-heckantrieb, in englisch MR

So he's an 'imbecile' for speaking in his native tongue.

I think you need to get over yourself. This has clearly been a problem for many people, and it has been inconsistent, which points to their being a legitimate issue. If you'd bothered to read the thread you would have understood this.

Yeah great attitude...
Today I learned that being called an imbecile by someone else is okay, but when you dish the same reply back... it's a bad attitude.

How ironic.

Good luck driving your "MH" cars... perhaps you should spend a little more time licensing and learning how to properly handle them. Realistic simulation isn't for you.

Back