GT7 Tire feels wrong, please fix it PD

• Thread starter z19930612
  • 36 comments
United Kingdom
HOVE
ZZ_GT_KING
(Previous post keep showing awaiting approval, so I have to try post again)

Two points I need to point out regarding the tire physics

1. There is a noticeable delay in steering on-centre response for all tires(Comfort, Sport, Race) in GT7, if you compare it with the same car back to back between GT Sport and GT7, the difference is larger than comparing a YOKOHAMA AD08(Sharp and Direct) vs Michelin PS4(Goofy and Lazy), also if you ever experienced the 2017 Nissan GT-R with OE Dunlop SportMaxx GT600, it feels much closer to the one in GT Sport(Sport Hard), the 2017 GT-R in GT7(Sport Hard) is loose, inaccurate and way too much tail-happy, in short, it feels nothing like the real thing in real life.

2. Traction break away too quickly during the transition from longitudinal to lateral. I first noticed this during the license test with the 370Z in Tsukuba, when the rear break loose I could not regain traction quickly by adding more load to the rear, the tire is not reacting to more vertical load and the rear end just doesn't want to come back. Also if you went just a little bit quickly into the corner, the car will immediately wash wide, the grip limit feels like some really crappy tires in real life, once the grip limit is reached, the grip level suddenly drops a lot, but a good real tire has some reserved grip once the limit is reached and if you are just tiny bit quicker than you should, the tire could at least maintain the vehicle trajectory.

As a GT player since GT4, I can see how the GT series is getting more and more realistic, (to me the best is still GT6, Some cars in GT Sport feels wrong too, such as the E46 M3, E92 M3 and 650S etc), The whole point for playing GT is because we want to feel how these beautiful cars handle, but now this crappy tire physics is really putting me off continuing playing GT7, Please PD, contact your partner Michelin, ask their professional tire evaluation driver to experience the game and fix this problem, GT7 has the potential to be the best Simracing game ever!

+1
As someone who has raced RWD cars in the real world, the way RWD cars let go on GT7 is just fantasy. I noticed the Z license test as well and was questioning what was going on.
Have also driven a GT-R in the real world in Japan around Mount Fuji and agree with what you say. Lets just say I was not driving it lightly either as I only had it for 100kms yet I used 30L of fuel.
Try one of the Porsche's. Only had one go so far in the first challenge section and was shocked by the way the rear weight transfers under acceleration. That should happen under braking or going off throttle mid corner in one of these cars. Under acceleration you get understeer in real life.

FWD cars seem more correct though.
Sort of the way my CLIO 3 200 drove. Can throw it sideways into a corner, and then drive it out with the accelerator. Although it seems the rear has to little grip again in reality.

They do need to sit down with Michelin. In GT6 with Yokohama and KW they vastly improved how tires and suspension worked compared to previous GT games. It sort of dulled in GT Sport. Now we just have an over exaggeration in GT7.

I will say if this is how Michelin tyres hold the road I'm glad I don't have them on my car. I'd be dead going to the shop.

GT Sport seemed to have a nice feel to the way the cars behaved, balanced almost and how you would expect these finely tuned machines to behave.

But I've just driven a VW Polo in game and it always seemed to dive to the right under braking... like how I imagine a car would behave if it had a snapped spring.

I'm playing with a G29 wheel on PS4 and the cars seems to float on the surface, braking is numb with no feeling that you're slowing down and the cars seem all to eager to just snap out at the rear under braking... like I said if cars behaved this way in real life I'd be dead.

Never had these issue with GT Sport but GT7 seems to have the handling model on all cars set to floating and loose.

I'm feeling a little disheartened as I was exciting to jump in right after GT Sport but feeling like I have to learn how to drive again and how much slower this floaty loose handling is. It's making playing the game more of a chore than something to enjoy in my down time.

I'm feeling a little disheartened as I was exciting to jump in right after GT Sport but feeling like I have to learn how to drive again and how much slower this floaty loose handling is. It's making playing the game more of a chore than something to enjoy in my down time
Same here. There’s been so much talk about this, including from prominent streamers that PD will know we‘re not happy.

True, there are Some snobs that think spinning a 350z at 40mph at half throttle is ‘realistic‘ but anyone with a brain can see something is very wrong.
Thats what got me scratching my head.
I've actually driven a Nissan 200SX and it felt planted and nice around corners and roundabouts etc. But in GT7 its snappy at the backend at low speeds like 30-40mph, like you even look at the throttle and its gone. If this was a genuine representation of the real handling the graveyards would be filled with 200SX drivers just trying to go to work or the shop.

So I do think something is off, maybe its a setting I'm not doing for my wheel 🤷‍♂️

I agree the tires in the game do feel off, almost unrealistically slippy. It doesnt help that there isnt much detail in the wheel itself (I use the g29) and I also noticed this on the license trial with the 370Z on tsukuba and again on national A-10 with the supra. It is also quite noticeable on the american races (when you have to get the mustangs) and its near impossible to race well.

To be Honest, I feel a big Improvement from GT sport, there is all ways to improve but I like how the tires feel right now, I would like them to bring back the super soft

Yeah I think generally Sport Hard tires are just not correct at all. The falloff is so exponential and it takes them so long to recover. Sports Medium feels perfect and sports hard just feels terrible. All other tires generally feel fine to me.

in heavy rain wet tires melt literally after couple of laps even if driven extra careful, which makes no sense and don't get me started with fuel consumption lol real driving simulator, more like a cartoon if anything, it seems like if you want to have realistically balanced race you have create one yourself and it will pay peanuts in comparison

Last edited:
I agree the tires in the game do feel off, almost unrealistically slippy. It doesnt help that there isnt much detail in the wheel itself (I use the g29) and I also noticed this on the license trial with the 370Z on tsukuba and again on national A-10 with the supra. It is also quite noticeable on the american races (when you have to get the mustangs) and its near impossible to race well.
Thats because they are Mustangs fine in a straight line lol

I have had the pleasure of dailying a tweaked MR2 Turbo for 3 years in rain and snow.

I just sold my 3000GT TT 2 months ago after a year of ownership.

And I have done a JP race day and actually spun a porsche carrera on a slow hairpin turn.

My current daily car is a bmw 125i 3.0 mapped to 260bhp.

None of the cars snap in real world conditions like they do in GT7.

Thats what got me scratching my head.
I've actually driven a Nissan 200SX and it felt planted and nice around corners and roundabouts etc. But in GT7 its snappy at the backend at low speeds like 30-40mph, like you even look at the throttle and its gone. If this was a genuine representation of the real handling the graveyards would be filled with 200SX drivers just trying to go to work or the shop.

So I do think something is off, maybe its a setting I'm not doing for my wheel 🤷‍♂️
When I first got my s14 (380bhp) I hit a pothole on a roundabout doing about 20mph, my foot accidentally blipped the accelerator and I ended up facing the wrong way 🤷‍♂️

The tyre were linglongs or sunnys or some **** but still..

When I first got my s14 (380bhp) I hit a pothole on a roundabout doing about 20mph, my foot accidentally blipped the accelerator and I ended up facing the wrong way 🤷‍♂️

The tyre were linglongs or sunnys or some **** but still..
But has it ever snapped while under steady cornering or small acceleration? I mean your S14 was a little more powerful than stock but I still you're still alive so it can't he too snappy 🤣

It’s definitely off and no amount of configuring will help. What will help is spending a ton of credits on upgrades. Make of that what you will.
It is likely the tire model needs a few more revisions to be perfect. Same case with GT6 and even GT Sport IIRC. Both got tyre model updates and feel much different from how they were at launch. Just wondering when PD will get to it, sooner the better!

Last edited:
Also did someone confuse rain grip with ice grip at PD?
You can have SS or rain tyres and it's like you're driving on sheet ice... actually it's worse as I've driven on ice and you can at least predict where the grip is going.

Rain is even worse in game. Its like its been made by someone who's never driven in rain. I'm British so grew up driving in nothing but rain, and not that nice refreshing showers other countries get. I'm talking that horrible greasy monsoon rain where the road become lakes.

I've driven them in nicely set up cars and utter death traps with bald tyres, on town roads, country lanes, motorways etc and I've never felt anything like the lack of grip GT7 claims rain gives.

So why does it seem they simply took the tyre models and turned grip to negative 10 because it rains?

Also did someone confuse rain grip with ice grip at PD?
You can have SS or rain tyres and it's like you're driving on sheet ice... actually it's worse as I've driven on ice and you can at least predict where the grip is going.

Rain is even worse in game. Its like its been made by someone who's never driven in rain. I'm British so grew up driving in nothing but rain, and not that nice refreshing showers other countries get. I'm talking that horrible greasy monsoon rain where the road become lakes.

I've driven them in nicely set up cars and utter death traps with bald tyres, on town roads, country lanes, motorways etc and I've never felt anything like the lack of grip GT7 claims rain gives.

So why does it seem they simply took the tyre models and turned grip to negative 10 because it rains?
Priaino said the best default setup car in the game, by a longshot is the only and only amg black series. My guess as to why this is, someone at PD who is responsible for physics basically took this one car and made it's physics great, JOB DONE!~, and then scaled that physics model over the entire car catalog, making changes so "they fit", instead of making physics for every single car from the ground up, they used the black series as a basic template starting point. Easy and quick way of modelling launch physics for the rushed GT7 launch. Just a hypothetical but I'm starting to believe it has the tiniest pint of truth lol

Priaino said the best default setup car in the game, by a longshot is the only and only amg black series. My guess as to why this is, someone at PD who is responsible for physics basically took this one car and made it's physics great, JOB DONE!~, and then scaled that physics model over the entire car catalog, making changes so "they fit", instead of making physics for every single car from the ground up, they used the black series as a basic template starting point. Easy and quick way of modelling launch physics for the rushed GT7 launch. Just a hypothetical but I'm starting to believe it has the tiniest pint of truth lol

That absolutely didn't happen. It's probably just a well balanced car. The physics overall are fantastic IMO. You just can't slap a racing suspension on a car and expect it to be balanced. The default settings are too generic.

That absolutely didn't happen. It's probably just a well balanced car. The physics overall are fantastic IMO. You just can't slap a racing suspension on a car and expect it to be balanced. The default settings are too generic.
I wish I could quote exactly what Priano said but he said this car was made by the hand of god, and he wouldn't dare change a thing because of how perfect it drove. An oddly specific thing to say from the tuning legend himself, when he couldn't say anything else close to this about any other car. wish I found his comment to quote it exactly for you.

I wish I could quote exactly what Priano said but he said this car was made by the hand of god, and he wouldn't dare change a thing because of how perfect it drove. An oddly specific thing to say from the tuning legend himself, when he couldn't say anything else close to this about any other car. wish I found his comment to quote it exactly for you.
That's just one guy's opinion. We all have our own favorite cars.

That's just one guy's opinion. We all have our own favorite cars.
True it's one guys opinion, but he's literally the most popular GT tuner in the history of the GT franchise AFAIK! So I'd weigh it higher than most people's opinions on the driving model anyways. Since his tune would get you first place no matter your opponent, be it competition in time trials or top leaderboards. He's that good.

True it's one guys opinion, but he's literally the most popular GT tuner in the history of the GT franchise AFAIK! So I'd weigh it higher than most people's opinions on the driving model anyways. Since his tune would get you first place no matter your opponent, be it competition in time trials or top leaderboards. He's that good.

going to have to visit his thread then... haven;t played gt for over 10 years before gt7...

B80
going to have to visit his thread then... haven;t played gt for over 10 years before gt7...
Found it! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-20#post-13655225

Here Praiano comments "
The best GT car ever. This setting is much more than perfect. It was hand's god who do this setting.
I will never touch one millimeter of the suspension , balance , .................... NOTHING !! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Take it today on the ring , you'll never stop driving .
Everybody need to buy this car. It's worth it any credit spent. Believe me."

I think that says it all especially when He mentioned earlier that the 458 drove really bad. And seems to me most people in that thread echo his views entirely about the black series handling the best in the game, without tuning that other cars need very much

"Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - 730 PP - Racing hard tires - All around
The stock is so horrible that i think that they did it on purpose. A real sabotage for the scuderia."

Last edited:
Totally agree, I own a R32 GTR and I have the chance to ride in a 2016 GTR and the tires feeling are so wrong in GT7, GT6 and Sport are almost identical.

Last edited:
Back