GT7 Tire feels wrong, please fix it PD

• Thread starter z19930612
  • 36 comments
So I've been thinking about this recently and I wonder if this was done on purpose. Kaz seems to have some fetish about depicting the "challenges of racing". You can see that in many other decisions that PD has made with GT7- rubberbanding AI, 40 second ahead rabbits, the terrible economy and difficulty of obtaining cars. I can see terrible tire physics in the same category. I'm really just wondering if they were making driving these cars more difficult in order to "portray the difficulty of driving high powered racecars". In their mind, in order to make driving seem realistic (challenging), they have to make it unrealistic. Maybe it's a bit tin foil hat of me, but it seems like after 25 years and 8 main games of development, PD would know better than messing it up like this. Really feels like they are just trying to add artificial difficulty.

So I've been thinking about this recently and I wonder if this was done on purpose. Kaz seems to have some fetish about depicting the "challenges of racing". You can see that in many other decisions that PD has made with GT7- rubberbanding AI, 40 second ahead rabbits, the terrible economy and difficulty of obtaining cars. I can see terrible tire physics in the same category. I'm really just wondering if they were making driving these cars more difficult in order to "portray the difficulty of driving high powered racecars". In their mind, in order to make driving seem realistic (challenging), they have to make it unrealistic. Maybe it's a bit tin foil hat of me, but it seems like after 25 years and 8 main games of development, PD would know better than messing it up like this. Really feels like they are just trying to add artificial difficulty.
It's like they took a page from the iracing tyre model. Anything over the limit, don't bother chap, let it go :lol:

I think Kaz doesn't seem to mind that people find his cars "unrealistic" to drive, since he knows there's always going to be a vocal crowd of people that fell money-first for the marketing slogan of "the real driving simulator" and even those who have real track time outside of videogames are not prone to this type of blind stupidity. He knows the topic itself gets heated in sim racing, so he's riding that wave of fanboyism. Any publicity is good publicity I suppose.

Found it! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-20#post-13655225

Here Praiano comments "
The best GT car ever. This setting is much more than perfect. It was hand's god who do this setting.
I will never touch one millimeter of the suspension , balance , .................... NOTHING !! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Take it today on the ring , you'll never stop driving .
Everybody need to buy this car. It's worth it any credit spent. Believe me."

I think that says it all especially when He mentioned earlier that the 458 drove really bad. And seems to me most people in that thread echo his views entirely about the black series handling the best in the game, without tuning that other cars need very much

"Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - 730 PP - Racing hard tires - All around
The stock is so horrible that i think that they did it on purpose. A real sabotage for the scuderia."

Just purchased it and used it on interlagos 700pp turbo champ.

Put sports softs on, abs default, tcs0.

Phenemenol, so well balanced. Nice bit of 'give' from rwd, but was able to correct it easily enough.

Thanks for recommendation, anyone thinking of buying it should do. Well with the credits.

Found it! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-20#post-13655225

Here Praiano comments "
The best GT car ever. This setting is much more than perfect. It was hand's god who do this setting.
I will never touch one millimeter of the suspension , balance , .................... NOTHING !! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Take it today on the ring , you'll never stop driving .
Everybody need to buy this car. It's worth it any credit spent. Believe me."

I think that says it all especially when He mentioned earlier that the 458 drove really bad. And seems to me most people in that thread echo his views entirely about the black series handling the best in the game, without tuning that other cars need very much

"Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - 730 PP - Racing hard tires - All around
The stock is so horrible that i think that they did it on purpose. A real sabotage for the scuderia."

Weren't people saying that this car was broken and clearly displayed the broken physics?

I agree with Praiano though, that it's very balanced, neutral and fun.

I think the biggest issue is in a real car you have lots of feedback from all over letting you know what the car is doing.
Now while the physics for feedback from the wheel maybe bang on, there's no feedback elsewhere.
I feel GTS gave you a buffer to compensate for this lack of info that are impossible to replicate in game, G forces, weight transfer, the feel through your feet and buttocks as the grip starts to go... and then finally you get feedback through the wheel and can act accordingly.

But in game you get nothing then wheel, so by that time all the warning signs you would get in real life have been ignored and you're never saving the car.

As I said GTS seemed to compensate this lack of sensations by giving you more time to notice grip was going or gave comfort tyres a little more grip.

Essentially GT7 is asking a blind man to catch a thrown ball... I mean he still can feel the ball if he's fast enough to catch it.

I know this is not about the physics of the tires per sé, but I hate that whenever I go into the pits and switch for Inters the tires that the pit crew always show the tires you had before entering the pits. They need to fix this as it is sometimes confusing. Especially since there is no other way to go back in your decision and there is no display of the selected tire to change to.

Has anyone else seen this or is this a problem that it is just affecting me?

I know this is not about the physics of the tires per sé, but I hate that whenever I go into the pits and switch for Inters the tires that the pit crew always show the tires you had before entering the pits. They need to fix this as it is sometimes confusing. Especially since there is no other way to go back in your decision and there is no display of the selected tire to change to.

Has anyone else seen this or is this a problem that it is just affecting me?
Yeah, it's silly.

Back